test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Paragon paths will....

pilf3rpilf3r Member Posts: 0 Arc User
One thing worries me about the game. I will try to explain. I do not want to break the game via min/max and I know how 4E limits choices to balance things. That said we still have choices we can choose for our characters.

So far we have builds being offered as classes, instead of choosing say rogue then a pre-fab called "trickster rogue" or "brawny rogue" they will split this into two distinct "classes". Proof of this is how they call "guardian fighter" a class and "great weapon fighter" a different class.

That said that means maybe at later dates they will add the brawny rogue and other builds as separate classes which is something I can live with as long as they DO offer various other builds and not take 5 years about it.

Now at lvl 11 you can choose a paragon path (lvl 30 here) and there are many paragon paths for each class that can be taken regardless of build, they have mostly class requirements but some have other requirements like race or power source etc.

For rogue they are:

Cat Burglar (PHB1)
Cloaked Sniper (MP)
Daggermaster (PHB1)
Daring Acrobat (MP)
Death Dealer (MP)
Dread Fang (MP)
Flying-Blade Adept (MP)
Gatecrasher (MotP)
Ghost of Eventide (FRPG)
Guildmaster Thief (MP)
Halfling Quickblade (MP)
Hoard Raider (Dr 369)
Master Infiltrator (PHB1)
Master Spy (MP)
Rakish Swashbuckler (MP)
Raven Herald (MP)
Shadow Assassin(PHB1)
Strong-Arm Enforcer (MP)
Tharos Impostor (Dr 370)
Tiefling Hellstalker (MP)
Watcher of the Night (DA 2009)

Now I see for the builds they stuck to PHB1 so I will assume they will stick to PHB1 for paragon paths too. Those would be:

cat burglar
daggermaster
master infiltrator
shadow assassin

As of now the trickster rogue has Master infiltrator, I assume more will be added later. Now say they add the "brawny rogue" build (or class like they call them) will it have the same choice of paragon paths?

Or will they split the paragon paths between the two "builds" ?

Normally any build can choose any PP as long as there is no funny requirement you don't meet.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Neverwinter Thieves Guild
Post edited by pilf3r on

Comments

• heathenhammer9heathenhammer9 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 144 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2013
    Good question, I'd really like to know if "Shadow Assassin" will be available.
  • bruddajokkabruddajokka Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 447 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2013
    Paragon Path. unfortunately. At least to start. Off the top of my head.

Master Inflitrator
    Hellbringer
    Storm Mage
    Iron Vanguard
    Sword Master
    Divine Oracle

Who knows of they'll add more as the game progresses but those are our options.
  • vrtnipatuljakvrtnipatuljak Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 39
    edited February 2013
    Every "class", like guardian and great weapon fighter, has it's own "paragon path" choices. Each currently has only 3 and I doubt they will add more since they fill the interface. But they don't really mean much, all they do is give you a single "daily" power. No need to flip through the PHB for these, the devs don't give a <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> about the handbooks.
  • dauntlessdeitydauntlessdeity Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Every "class", like guardian and great weapon fighter, has it's own "paragon path" choices. Each currently has only 3 and I doubt they will add more since they fill the interface. But they don't really mean much, all they do is give you a single "daily" power. No need to flip through the PHB for these, the devs don't give a <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> about the handbooks.
    actually each class only has 1 paragon path as of now. the feats you are speaking about is sub-paths. If you look when you choose your path.. it gives you ONE choice, and says more coming soon. It gives a brief look at some of the at will and mechanic powers you recieve from said path. Just a FYI
  • tfangeltfangel Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    actually each class only has 1 paragon path as of now. the feats you are speaking about is sub-paths. If you look when you choose your path.. it gives you ONE choice, and says more coming soon. It gives a brief look at some of the at will and mechanic powers you recieve from said path. Just a FYI

Yeah, it seems paragon paths give you powers, while the current three other choices are more bonuses to give more focus. I'm curious if with additional paragon paths, if those three feat trees will be the same. Either way, more choices are good, and needed.
  • broddrbroddr Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    All I know is if they add more Paths, they will have to give everyone a free respec token
  • wingofbenuwingofbenu Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    broddr wrote: »
    All I know is if they add more Paths, they will have to give everyone a free respec token

have to? Hah.
  • aetherchargeaethercharge Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 359 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    pilf3r wrote: »
    I do not want to break the game via min/max

The most important thing to remember is that this is not a pen and paper game. You should optimize your character. If you do not, don't expect to clear the hardest dungeons.
  • zovyazovya Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'm actually surprised that Master Infiltrator isn't on the profanity filter.
  • broddrbroddr Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    wingofbenu wrote: »
    have to? Hah.

YES HAVE TO, every other MMO that makes a HUGE change like that EVERY other game that had a change so "game changing" needs to give an item to the thousands who have already hit 60 and by then the thousands more. No im not "empowered" I dont think they need to give us anything for calling this "beta' when its a game release. I can accept downtime, bugs, issues, etc etc etc. But a game changer like paragon paths... yea... free respec token.
  • astaziaastazia Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 51
    edited May 2013
    I'd imagine they are going to split the paths between the sub-classes. Trickster Rogue might get Cat Burglar and Master Infiltrator, and Brawny Rogue might get Daggermaster and Shadow Assassin (random assignment, I have no idea what those other paragons are like). That appears to be what they are already doing with fighters.