test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Are We Tieflings or Helicopters?

ladyredmichelleladyredmichelle Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 6 Arc User
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
So, as I'm sure any of us horned devils have noticed, there's a teensy tiny problem with our otherwise lovely tails.

It doesn't have any animations while sitting or on a mount.

I've poked around and I was surprised to find posts about it, but seemingly no one feeling as distressed as I am! I've been leveling up doggedly with the hopes of getting a mount, and after finally hitting it today, to hop on my glorious steed and have my tail start violently lashing and spinning underneath me was - to say the least - a massive let-down.

I'm shocked to think that a tailed race was made without this being taken into consideration? Or at least fixed in the alpha/beta stages when it was noticed by the playerbase? I'm BEGGIN' ya, this li'l Tiefling would really love to run around on her horse without stirring its organs up with her tail.

I'm riding a Warhorse, not a walking smoothie!

Let it go limp off to one side, or follow right alongside the Tiefling's leg. ANYTHING except the current flipflop it's doing while 'idly lashing' on top of a mount.

Pleasepleaseplease~!!
Post edited by ladyredmichelle on

Comments

• mystfitmystfit Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    So, as I'm sure any of us horned devils have noticed, there's a teensy tiny problem with our otherwise lovely tails.

It doesn't have any animations while sitting or on a mount.

I've poked around and I was surprised to find posts about it, but seemingly no one feeling as distressed as I am! I've been leveling up doggedly with the hopes of getting a mount, and after finally hitting it today, to hop on my glorious steed and have my tail start violently lashing and spinning underneath me was - to say the least - a massive let-down.

I'm shocked to think that a tailed race was made without this being taken into consideration? Or at least fixed in the alpha/beta stages when it was noticed by the playerbase? I'm BEGGIN' ya, this li'l Tiefling would really love to run around on her horse without stirring its organs up with her tail.

I'm riding a Warhorse, not a walking smoothie!

Let it go limp off to one side, or follow right alongside the Tiefling's leg. ANYTHING except the current flipflop it's doing while 'idly lashing' on top of a mount.

Pleasepleaseplease~!!

Seconded!!!!
  • viknessvikness Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    To be honest I'm more annoyed about the tail clipping with the armor/capes...
  • ladyredmichelleladyredmichelle Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    vikness wrote: »
    To be honest I'm more annoyed about the tail clipping with the armor/capes...

Both could use a tweaking! It'll be a Tiefling tail overhaul! :o

I really want things like this to be pointed out sooner than later! We're already into open beta and I fear we'll be living with clipping tails forever. It's way too common in other games for tail-bedecked races to get the short end of the animation stick, I'd really like to see NWO treat the Tieflings a little better!
  • ashleyaddictionashleyaddiction Member Posts: 339 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This. Please.

I was so annoyed by the armour and mount clipping, as well as the effed up animations D: I <3 my tail, but not when it's being this violent.
  • ladyredmichelleladyredmichelle Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This. Please.

I was so annoyed by the armour and mount clipping, as well as the effed up animations D: I <3 my tail, but not when it's being this violent.

Agreed! A little tail lashing is awesome, but let's try and settle it down, if only for the poor mount's sake. I can't imagine that could be very healthy.
  • thevlakathevlaka Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    cares given by Cryptic: ZERO.
  • erideitaerideita Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 304
    edited May 2013
    Cares given by me about cares given by Cryptic: just as much.

I'd like to see my otherwise lovely Tiefling fixed, pretty please.

Actually, it is because all the races use the same animations, as opposed to a different set of animations for each race. Since Tieflings are the only ones with a tail, it behaves in weird ways because their models weren't originally made to support one. This should be addressed. What do I say, this MUST be addressed.
  • shgthshgth Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I was already rerolling my wizard from human to tiefling(both are almost lvl30 now) for increased damage but this tail problem is starting to annoy me. Might end up going with the human anyhow...

Would be nice to hear if it's being looked at. :)
    - Shagath, VoTF
    Previous guilds: Double Deviants, Orum, Sandwitches, Dragon Order of Arcanix and many many more.
    Hope I find some old friends!
  • dextordnddextordnd Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Have any of you noticed that some quest givers will have a gigantic tail sticking out of their face when you talk to them. Its like the game magnifies my tail x100 and sticks it on their face its kind of funny.

Dextor UnDeAd
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • shgthshgth Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    dextordnd wrote: »
    Have any of you noticed that some quest givers will have a gigantic tail sticking out of their face when you talk to them. Its like the game magnifies my tail x100 and sticks it on their face its kind of funny.
    Yes, seen this once. It looks quite weird. :)
    - Shagath, VoTF
    Previous guilds: Double Deviants, Orum, Sandwitches, Dragon Order of Arcanix and many many more.
    Hope I find some old friends!
  • v3lonv3lon Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 54
    edited May 2013
    I also don't like the way the tail moves when i am running, it looks like it's trying to hypnotize me! :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sarcastic Malevolence
    21yrs+ EU Social Gaming Community recruiting laid back sociable folks
    http://sarcastic-malevolence.co.uk/
    :rolleyes: