test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Trickster rogue cause client crashes in PVP

zomglollerbbqzomglollerbbq Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
edited May 2013 in Bug Reports (PC)
Not sure what triggers this but we have gotten it down the the Trickster.
When killed by one in pvp with a certain ability the client will crash.

have had really silly matches where one side has had one guy pretty much 100% disconnected due to this.
My last game I dropped every time the trickster killed me. 3 times in total.

Perhaps anyone else has more info on this bug?
Post edited by zomglollerbbq on

Comments

• Options
    freshone88freshone88 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    i have this same all the time on pvp...
  • Options
    cybrus4cybrus4 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Likewise. Someone needs to solve this. They do this, then they camp our graveyard.
  • Options
    errrrrrrwtferrrrrrrwtf Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This is making pvp unplayable in some cases. It has to do with being killed while dazed. Not sure what the exact skill combo is, but it has ruined many of my winning games because the enemy rogue heavily abuses this. Please look into this asap as it will destroy pvp in this game.
  • Options
    m33ym33y Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I have also these strange crashes in pvp. TR seems always around, client freezes and i can see the big purple knife and a red ground around me. Seems it has to do with the stun ability.
  • Options
    errrrrrrwtferrrrrrrwtf Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I know what it is now, but I cannot be 100% sure. If you kill someone with shocking execution, the person is likely to disconnect. I've checked my combat log for the cases I dc'ed, and 3 out of 3 times it was dying to shocking execution. I'm not sure if you have to be dazed also, which seems to be the case in 2 of the 3 DCs. I encourage every TR to abuse this as much as possible so we can raise awareness and get it fixes ASAP.
  • Options
    sominatorsominator Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Thanks for the heads up! We're taking a look.
    Proud member of Team Fencebane, official guild of the unofficial Neverwinter Adventure Hour!
  • Options
    timmytentoestimmytentoes Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Same here, everytime a trickster rogue uses an ability (Its a specific one that I'm not sure what it does, its a cloud that dazes an area around him I think) my client crashes. And I mean everytime. I can't pvp because of this
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    An update: I realized that it is not just shocking execution, but has something to do with daze. It doesn't have to be smoke bomb though, one of my DC was from dazing strike. I am no longer sure what exactly triggers it, and it seems some people don't get it. It could be due to some video setting. It would be easier to test if there was a duel mode, but there isn't, so I can only give what I parse from the few times it happens to me.
  • Options
    divastationdivastation Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I think it might be when you are dazed and killed straight out (not going to downed state). It's not specific to rogues, but more common with them since they have so many dazes.
  • Options
    aceofgamesaceofgames Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    If it helps at all, dying form this bug seems to inflict an injury as well, despite being in a PvP zone. Puts the victim at a serious disadvantage, even if they can come back. :(
  • Options
    odelle12odelle12 Member Posts: 70 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Apparently the Neverwinter twitter has never heard of this report. Its happening almost every pvp match. I dont crash anywhere else except in pvp.
  • Options
    dadamac2012dadamac2012 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I've been playing NW for 3 days now and every time I join pvp after 2-3 min of playing game crashes .This happen in every pvp I attend.
    During normal game play the whole thing works perfect ,only in pvp crashes a lot.
  • Options
    pcpioneer06pcpioneer06 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Smoke Bomb is causing this issue. It is the AoE daze that the TR has for an encounter. I DC'D 4 times in a roll. I am a TR myself as a main. Please fix this because it is <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> up PVP big time.
  • Options
    darknight0354darknight0354 Member Posts: 76
    edited May 2013
    Smoke bomb causes the client to crash. As well as dying while dazed.
  • Options
    yjjdgrjdrligtryjjdgrjdrligtr Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Rogue "smoke screen" ability causes the crashes. When they use it and you get attacked in it you crash. Rogues need that ability removed until it's fixed.
  • Options
    deathpealerdeathpealer Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Isn't smoke bomb lvl 50+? I'm < lvl 40 and still get the crash bug, so far each time I've had it happen I was stunned (by a CW) then when I died I got dced.
  • Options
    deezilxdeezilx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    sominator wrote: »
    Thanks for the heads up! We're taking a look.

You're taking a look? Why don't you fix this and balance the pvp and stop worrying about the garbage foundry system. Your dev team has its head up its ***.
  • Options
    spardy11spardy11 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I dont understand how this exploit has gone on so long. PVP is completely broken if a player can Freeze the client and make you ctrl alt del just to shut it down. Should be a top priority imho.
  • Options
    ragemonkey83ragemonkey83 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 60
    edited May 2013
    I believe it is daze that is the issue I am an TR and I am getting DC'd when im killed by any class if I am dazed. If the crash isnt bad enough when u log in u get an injury and have to waste 20 silver for no reason , can the devs plz at least fix that for a start.....I make no cash in pvp and should not lose any either. 20 silver a round is going to send my TR broke before long ....

As I said I have had it from other classes but daze seems to be the universal cause of it. to be honest the smoke is a bit hit and miss , I have had guys openly run into it and not have any effect or be in it when it is set of and it does nothing. The ability in its self needs this bug sorted and to be made more reliable in its self, no point to an ability that works 100% of the time 80% of the time nor one that breaks the game for others.

As much as I am the class that can cash in on this I really don't think it promotes a good spirit of the game.
  • Options
    ragemonkey83ragemonkey83 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 60
    edited May 2013
    dazing strike will do it to a single target and that is your first encounter power as a TR, thats why you are still seeing it at 40, smoke is just more effective at 50 hitting multiple targets but dealing no dmg from the hit.

while we are on TR's can we get losing stealth charge while not active fixed, I mean i understand if you activate it and take dmg it should be reduced but the whole not gaining or more importantly losing it while out of stealth is stupid, how am i ment to build charge? stay out of all combat for 20+ secs then hope I can get in range before some ranged drops it, lets be fair....

For those that dont know what I mean TR's stealth toggles on and any dmg shortens its duration, so CW frost aoe is a great example, It staays on the TR even in stealth and shreds the time we have to next to nothing ( standard being aprox 8 sec ) This is fine but as it stands we lose our chareg when we are not using stealth and that is about the same as a GW losing shield block while not blocking ....just dumb.

that's my rant any way