test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

GF in PvP

r0kkstarrr0kkstarr Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 8 Arc User
edited May 2013 in PvE Discussion
Okay coming from a GF i feel like we may need a small nerf. I understand our damage isnt the greatest but it is nothing to laugh at, especially when paired with our amazing amount of stuns on short cd's and in most 1v1 situations the infinite block we have. Nothing, and I mean nothing, outruns a GF with their charge that also hits for a reasonable amt of DMG. There is a bit of imbalance when in multiple games today i 1v2 or 1v3 and didnt even drop below half health, and I dont even use the Healing daily. Speaking of which, our daily recharges WHILE taking damage, this includes any damage we blocked.

Thoughts?

inb4 Trolls, not responding to flamers
Post edited by r0kkstarr on

Comments

• darknight0354darknight0354 Member Posts: 76
    edited May 2013
    You want to nerf the class people are saying is UP? You must be fighting some very bad people in pvp. You have a ****load of health and all but as a TR I can still annihilate you.
  • r0kkstarrr0kkstarr Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    In case you didnt read, its a guardian not a great weapon fighter, huge difference. GWF is UP til max lvl where its kinda Okay but nothing to brag about unless playing as a team and not trying to solo everything.
  • zingarbagezingarbage Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I think the GF is in a good spot.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • supjeremiahsupjeremiah Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 569 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    No, we suck.

shhh
    Envy - 60 Guardian Fighter - Mindflayer

Wrath - 60 Great Weapon Fighter - Mindflayer

Envy's Guardian Fighter DPS Conqueror Guide

Youtube Channel

http://www.twitch.tv/supjeremiah
  • r0kkstarrr0kkstarr Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    No, we suck.

shhh

lol, i didnt say we were wayy OP just feels slightly OP like a sub 5% tweak kinda thing.

trying to make the masses think we bad -_-
  • thavatolthavatol Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The Classes are not balanced at all and until they work on it things will still be off. As is stands now, as a Guardian Fighter, a TR can kill me in a few seconds, yet I am able to kill a CW in a few seconds ... I have yet to fight a Cleric or GWF yet, but I imagine there is unbalance there as well. Case in point, until the numbers are all tweaked, PvP will continue to be unbalanced.
  • ufgtufgt Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    GF UP, plz buff.

~_^
  • grokmonkeygrokmonkey Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    thavatol wrote: »
    The Classes are not balanced at all and until they work on it things will still be off. As is stands now, as a Guardian Fighter, a TR can kill me in a few seconds, yet I am able to kill a CW in a few seconds ... I have yet to fight a Cleric or GWF yet, but I imagine there is unbalance there as well. Case in point, until the numbers are all tweaked, PvP will continue to be unbalanced.
    A good cleric can beat a GF in one-on-one, as long as they play it smart and keep distance. They can turn it into a war of attrition, healing at about the same pace that a GF is dealing damage, while still dealing a small amount of damage themselves.

At least, at the first couple of brackets; haven't gotten my GF far enough to say anything really definitive.
  • tfangeltfangel Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Am i the only one who reads "GF" as "girlfriend"?
  • grokmonkeygrokmonkey Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Half the time I read it as "Guardian Force".

And it's been the better part of a decade since I've last played FF8.
  • shadeyjshadeyj Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    must've not been a rogue around, rogues burn through guard in about 2 seconds, then you're just wide open to everything. if theres a cw there after your guards down, then you'll stay in cc for your whole health bar, thats been my experience with GF's

edit: oh and yes i'm aware the daily power that makes you immune but that just basically delays it.