test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

why arent some buyable things not account based?

nitrusoxideusnitrusoxideus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
So for every new character you start with 16 bank slots. You can buy another 16 slots with zen if you would like. I dont mind this however, I think upgrades like this should be account based not character based. If you make another character you have to rebuy those slots for that character. This is supposed to be an mmo. Why isnt your bank linked between your characters and same with upgrade slots for your bank?
Post edited by nitrusoxideus on

Comments

• elawynelawyn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    If I buy myself a new Ferrari, does my girlfriend get one for free as well? What if I"m dating like, four difefrent girls?

Some items can be transferred from one character to another. Bank slots can't. That's the way it is.
  • labbblabbb Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    elawyn wrote: »
    If I buy myself a new Ferrari, does my girlfriend get one for free as well? What if I"m dating like, four difefrent girls?

Some items can be transferred from one character to another. Bank slots can't. That's the way it is.

Where you find a girlfriend that would let you buy a Ferrari and not her one FIRST ?
  • nitrusoxideusnitrusoxideus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013

why do u choose to make <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> analogies?
  • sasheriasasheria Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013

That is a poor analogy. That would work for Bag of holding (one purchase and can be sellable in AH)

I agree that Bank boxes services should be account wide. I guess it is not account wide to make more money from people playing alt and need more slots per character (I would love buy account option at reduce rate would be cool too like SWTOR)
    To grow old is inevitable, to grow up is optional.
    Please review my campaign and I'll return the favor.
  • hydrahamhydraham Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Terrible analogy.

Other MMO's allow account wide bank/inventory expansion. For $10 that should apply account wide (account/character bound obviously) as should bank space. It's ridiculous that a bag cost $10 in the first place and yes i understand it's a F2P MMO and it's how they make their money but that doesn't mean that have to have outrageous pricing. Look at the SWTOR model. Account wide inventory/bank for cheap.

I don't that that "it's free" and i "dont have to buy it". That still doesn't mean the prices are acceptable. If pizza hut started selling their pizzas at $100 a pop instead of $10-12, would that be fair pricing? no.
  • sasheriasasheria Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    hydraham wrote: »
    Terrible analogy.

Other MMO's allow account wide bank/inventory expansion. For $10 that should apply account wide (account/character bound obviously) as should bank space. It's ridiculous that a bag cost $10 in the first place and yes i understand it's a F2P MMO and it's how they make their money but that doesn't mean that have to have outrageous pricing. Look at the SWTOR model. Account wide inventory/bank for cheap.

I don't that that "it's free" and i "dont have to buy it". That still doesn't mean the prices are acceptable. If pizza hut started selling their pizzas at $100 a pop instead of $10-12, would that be fair pricing? no.

With that analogy (the pizza one) people would be disgusted and go buy pizza somewhere else. Which translate to, if you don't like it, go play something else (that equal to the analogy given. It is NOT what I am telling you)

BUT with F2P method, what we can do as customers is vote with our wallet. Bag of holding IS useful item, but if people don't buy them, they might reduce the price. I do see them on AH, so someone is buying them.
  • moodaymooday Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 54
    edited May 2013
    So for every new character you start with 16 bank slots. You can buy another 16 slots with zen if you would like. I dont mind this however, I think upgrades like this should be account based not character based. If you make another character you have to rebuy those slots for that character. This is supposed to be an mmo. Why isnt your bank linked between your characters and same with upgrade slots for your bank?

In World of Warcraft the banks and bags aren't linked, and that's the most successful MMO on the market...
  • nitrusoxideusnitrusoxideus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I am talking pretty specifically about the personal banking system. This is the first MMO i have seen that doesnt have a linked bank with all of your characters. Do you even realize how fast those 16 slots fill up? literally I bought another 2 rows just to hold all of the enchantments/runes of the different levels. This happened at level 35. So i have to pay another 10 dollars on another character so i can have acces to that amount of slots for all of those runes again? Its ridiculous. I totally understand f2p model and I realize that many smaller transactions make a larger long term investment. But like a previous poster said, some of the pricing is a little much and kind of unreasonable. The only reason we have a pizza that is 10-15 bucks is because when you add up all the ingredients it takes to make the pizza its probably 5 dollars and then of course the company still needs to profit so they add another 5 or ten. But in this circumstance, how do you measure something like bank slots being to overpriced? Once the feature is implemented in the game then it takes no work on the companies end to keep it up. ITS JUST PROFIT.

So in conclusion I think it is up to the consumer to speak out about SOME unique situations where the company in question has overpriced something. I think this is one of those situations given that this is an mmo, our banks should be linked between characters and we shouldnt have to pay 10 dollars every time we need a little more room in our bank. FFS its only 2 rows.....
  • edge1986edge1986 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 647 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013

Lol this moron again, he must work for PWE.
    edited May 2013
    I am talking pretty specifically about the personal banking system. This is the first MMO i have seen that doesnt have a linked bank with all of your characters. Do you even realize how fast those 16 slots fill up? literally I bought another 2 rows just to hold all of the enchantments/runes of the different levels. This happened at level 35. So i have to pay another 10 dollars on another character so i can have acces to that amount of slots for all of those runes again? Its ridiculous. I totally understand f2p model and I realize that many smaller transactions make a larger long term investment. But like a previous poster said, some of the pricing is a little much and kind of unreasonable. The only reason we have a pizza that is 10-15 bucks is because when you add up all the ingredients it takes to make the pizza its probably 5 dollars and then of course the company still needs to profit so they add another 5 or ten. But in this circumstance, how do you measure something like bank slots being to overpriced? Once the feature is implemented in the game then it takes no work on the companies end to keep it up. ITS JUST PROFIT.

So in conclusion I think it is up to the consumer to speak out about SOME unique situations where the company in question has overpriced something. I think this is one of those situations given that this is an mmo, our banks should be linked between characters and we shouldnt have to pay 10 dollars every time we need a little more room in our bank. FFS its only 2 rows.....

Yea. I find it interesting that we don't have a joint bank account for all our characters. That would have made sense AND they can sell more slots (which probably some wouldn't mind)

BUT I guess personal bank, join bank and guild bank are made because of different item level like BoC (bind to character) BoA (bind to account) and BoE (bind on Equip) BoE can be store in any tab, but the first two would be limited to either personal bank or Account bank.
  • astaziaastazia Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 51
    edited May 2013

For this analogy to work you and your girlfriend(s) would have to be the same person. That's possibly the case, so imagine if you bought a car, but weren't allowed to drive it when you were one of your other selfs? Actually most laws wouldn't allow you to buy or drive a car in the first place, but ignore that part.
    edited May 2013
    sasheria wrote: »
    Yea. I find it interesting that we don't have a joint bank account for all our characters. That would have made sense AND they can sell more slots (which probably some wouldn't mind)

BUT I guess personal bank, join bank and guild bank are made because of different item level like BoC (bind to character) BoA (bind to account) and BoE (bind on Equip) BoE can be store in any tab, but the first two would be limited to either personal bank or Account bank.

I think an easy fix would be that an boe or bop can never be placed into the bank. easy.
  • smilinreapsmilinreap Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Banks are never account shared on expansions, for all of you who claim 'other mmos' have this feature list your 1-2 mmos and then realize the mass do not. Elawyns statement may look weird but you guys are just bashing him because you know it's true.. The characters are independent and unless the storage is called account storage, they will not be connected.
  • kiralynkiralyn Member Posts: 1,440 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    hydraham wrote: »
    Terrible analogy.

Other MMO's allow account wide bank/inventory expansion.

"Account/shared bank" and "bank" aren't the same thing. Most of the MMOs I've played that do have shared bank space? Also have individual space for each character. And any expansions you buy for the character bank are just that - for the character.

(Account bank space also tends to cost a bunch more, since it's so useful. I know in STO, it's $10 for 10 spaces. Versus $3 for 12 in the individual banks. I'd swear I paid around $15 for shared banks in Perfect World and Lord of the Rings Online, as well.)
  • astaziaastazia Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 51
    edited May 2013
    I think when people say "other MMOs" they specifically mean GW2. There is no personal bank space in that game, it's all shared, and upgrades apply to the account not character. When one game gets something so right, people expect other games to do the same, not take steps backwards and release a game with only personal bank space that's expensive to upgrade and only applies to one character.
    edited May 2013
    astazia wrote: »
    I think when people say "other MMOs" they specifically mean GW2. There is no personal bank space in that game, it's all shared, and upgrades apply to the account not character. When one game gets something so right, people expect other games to do the same, not take steps backwards and release a game with only personal bank space that's expensive to upgrade and only applies to one character.

Hmm, only games I've played yet with total-shared-bank-only are Path of Exile and TERA.... and yeah, while it's nice to have the shared space to transfer stuff between characters, I wish like hell that I had personal banks, because shared space runs out just way the heck too fast. (Especially in TERA, where I couldn't expand my bank any further.)

Personally, considering that most games do the "personal bank and maybe some shared bank space" thing, I don't see doing it as a "step back", but rather just doing the standard thing. /shrug
    edited May 2013
    Ah yes, PoE and Tera, I don't remember the storage situation in Tera but PoE also did it fairly well with the all shared storage and practically unlimited bank tab extensions.
    edited May 2013
    smilinreap wrote: »
    Banks are never account shared on expansions, for all of you who claim 'other mmos' have this feature list your 1-2 mmos and then realize the mass do not. Elawyns statement may look weird but you guys are just bashing him because you know it's true.. The characters are independent and unless the storage is called account storage, they will not be connected.

dude no.... thats just a terrible analogy. plain and simple. we are talking about 2 vastly different things here. come on man....

kiralyn wrote: »
    "Account/shared bank" and "bank" aren't the same thing. Most of the MMOs I've played that do have shared bank space? Also have individual space for each character. And any expansions you buy for the character bank are just that - for the character.

(Account bank space also tends to cost a bunch more, since it's so useful. I know in STO, it's $10 for 10 spaces. Versus $3 for 12 in the individual banks. I'd swear I paid around $15 for shared banks in Perfect World and Lord of the Rings Online, as well.)

dude its like 10 bucks for 12 slots. I am not saying its something we shouldnt have to pay for out right I am saying that THATS TO ****ING EXPENSIVE. Especially when its not shared. I am fine with no shared space as long as they dont overprice getting more slots(which they are doing right now).
    edited May 2013
    dude its like 10 bucks for 12 slots..

Actually, the bank space is $6. Still a bit high, but not as high as that. (Inventory bags are $10.)
    edited May 2013
    kiralyn wrote: »
    Actually, the bank space is $6. Still a bit high, but not as high as that. (Inventory bags are $10.)

yea but the minimum u can buy is 10 bucks worth of zen so lets face it, its basically 10 bucks....