test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Is it possible to make npcs fight?

lazywilllazywill Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited May 2013 in The Foundry
Hello there is it possible to make npcs fight the player or am I limited to the encounters? It's just I'm trying to put some devils and stuff into the dungeon, and while some of them are in the encounters list, some of them are npcs?

This is probably a **** question, I just started playing about with the foundry today.
Post edited by lazywill on

Comments

• lazywilllazywill Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Okay, I found out it's possible to replace the model of an encounter with an npc model, so that's how just in case anyone else has this problem.
  • tilt42tilt42 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    NPCs are considered non-combatants. They probably don't even have stats. Whenever you need something to engage in combat, it must be set up as an encounter.
  • thepiercermeatthepiercermeat Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    How does one replace the model?
    "Brothers and warriors, my friends from all the edges of the world... LET US JOIN OUR FORCES TO FORM AN ARMY UNITED!" - Marakell Blackhand
  • tilt42tilt42 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    What do you mean? Physically replacing an NPC with an encounter, changing an NPCs costume or changing an encounter monster's costume?
  • almostcoolalmostcool Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    You could have the NPC go invisible and the encounter with the same costume spawn as a triggered event. (after dialogue maybe)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The Spellthief Trials
    By @Stebss
    Short Code: NW-DM900IFHK
    Tired of Being the Hero: NW-DGTOU4N94
  • lazywilllazywill Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    To make the encounter look like an npc, u press detail mode, then you can change the model thepiercermeat
  • boydzinjboydzinj Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    When i was playing with the encounters at first, I noticed a "guard" encounter. I dropped them and noticed my Guard encounters were friendly to me and enemy to other encounters. They started killing the other mobs. I am not sure if they had HP or not, but they did kill a goblin minion.

I have not played it much, but I did notice that. I do know you can change their outfits... so if guards are the only friendly encounter ... you can dress them up with a pretty blue outfits... make them drow.... make them elves.... make them... spiders... etc.
  • nezroy123nezroy123 Member Posts: 165 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Just be aware that using guard encounters means the player gets no XP for that fight. Or so I've heard, I have not personally verified this.
    Quests: Fate of the Bonnie Kate (NW-DE6K6H63Q)
  • adamjm85adamjm85 Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    nezroy123 wrote: »
    Just be aware that using guard encounters means the player gets no XP for that fight. Or so I've heard, I have not personally verified this.

This is really disappointing if true. I hope it isn't because cryptic have used guards in their missions such as the very first one you fight with Wilfred. I am making a series of quests at the moment and you always have a companion called Vayne to fight alongside you.

The feedback I am getting on the quest is that Vayne keeps dying (It's a hard quest). I can't seem to make her any more survivable other than perhaps tricks where I replace her with a new version of herself between encounters.

If anyone knows the trick to make a single tough friendly ally that would be awesome!