Install Arc
Options

Best aoe for CW

davc123davc123 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 31
edited May 2013 in PvE Discussion
which aoe is most dps at pve? cw class

Comments

• Options
    elyrielleelyrielle Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Believe tabbed chill strike, though I haven't experimented a ton with the tab versions of most abilities.

Course I'm not counting dailies, since ice storm is tops there (I think).
  • Options
    doctorcomicsdoctorcomics Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Silverstars, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Remember that the Evocation Class Feature adds damage to all your AoEs, and a Feat adds to all AoE damage as well. AoEs really come into their own when you hit the Paragon Path, because all the Storm powers are Area of Effect.

Chill Strike in your Spell Mastery slot is the best straight-up AoE damage spell until you hit Paragon level. But if you really want to max it out, you want to have the Class Feature which gives your Arcane damage bonus to your Chill powers.

In other words, there's a lot of moving parts to keep track of when working on your powers: class features, feats, Spell Mastery, and Arcane Power.