test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Serious graphical lag...

imasadpandaimasadpanda Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
edited May 2013 in Bug Reports (PC)
So I have not had any issues with this game at all, until today.

From the first day I was able to play the game at a modest graphic setting with decent framerates, even while in dungeons/skirmishes. First time I try to do a skirmish today after the maintenance and patch, I literally was not even able to move. The game was freezing up in combat like crazy. Any kind of hectic group combat whether it's dungeons, skirmishes, or PvP causes my game to lock up....
Post edited by imasadpanda on

Comments

• snufightssnufights Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Exactly same problem here. Yesterday game was running perfectly, but today when i move the mouse i have HUGE graphical lag :(

Its seems that lag is beeing caused for loading graphics when i look to the other way.
  • sinntzusinntzu Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I am experiencing something similar, though it's not actual lag. It's more like frame hiccups during combat and while loading new terrain quickly (for instance while sprinting).

When I first installed the game I was playing it fine without hiccups or frame lag. Now that the maintenance has passed I am getting these weird stutters. Makes combat semi-annoying rather than enjoyable.

Also, every so often I will see visual artifacts through the map flash up on my screen like I can see through textures for a split second, and then the game returns to normal.

My computer is good enough to run the game on max settings with a decent frame rate. And yes I'm running the latest video driver.
    Shed by the winged beast of the night,
    A scaly frost-encrusted thorn,
    All who feel its wintry light
    Shiver in pain at the frozen dawn.
  • tilviustilvius Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 82
    edited May 2013
    edited May 2013
    Thats it sinntzu (my english is quite bad to tell that as good as you). I have exactly the same problem, making the game almost unplayable.

I have also the latest video drivers and before this patch i was running the game on mediom settings with 40-50 stable fps
    edited May 2013
    Its not lag tilvius, its huge fps drop when loading terrain. From 40-50 without moving, to 1-5 when running or moving the camera.
  • sinntzusinntzu Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Well it's definitely the new game build that caused the issue, snufights. If tilvius's suggestion doesn't solve your problem I think you have to wait for them to patch again. It should be soon but that still sucks. :(

Also it's probably worth mentioning that the texture issue I explained about "seeing through" the ground every so often is described in this thread, so I'm confident it's an actual game glitch. Hopefully that's patched soon as well, though it doesn't seem to be related to the frame stuttering and is really only a visual annoyance.
    Shed by the winged beast of the night,
    A scaly frost-encrusted thorn,
    All who feel its wintry light
    Shiver in pain at the frozen dawn.
  • tilviustilvius Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 82
    edited May 2013
    My bad on that link. Even with what I've posted I am getting some serious lag somewhere...