test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Lost all Celestial Coins

jellichojellicho Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 104
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Thanks for nothing.
Post edited by jellicho on

Comments

• Options
    kwazikwazi Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Ah yes, another ridiculous currency timesink. Neverwinter has far too many of those, don't you think?
  • Options
    yarrmoryarrmor Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 62
    edited May 2013
    I think it was said clearly in the quest about them, that you would lose them all if you failed to use incantation for 1 day and 5 hours, right?
  • Options
    oghieroghier Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 84
    edited May 2013
    yarrmor wrote: »
    I think it was said clearly in the quest about them, that you would lose them all if you failed to use incantation for 1 day and 5 hours, right?

True - but the server downtime is a particular problem here.

I think Celestial Coins are an interesting idea, and I don't think the mechanic is unfair. However, on days when the server is offline for four+ hours, that could easily intersect with 100% of someone's available time, with job, significant other, kids, school, or whatever taking up the balance of their day. PW really should extend the Celestial timers for every hour of server downtime, and they should extend them in a 3:1 or 4:1 ratio (every hour down extends the timers by three).
    - Snit (Cleric, Dragon Server)
  • Options
    ladyshaie1ladyshaie1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 109 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    It did intersect 100% with several people, they posted on the forums that they were concerned about losing their coins because of the downtime & that due to work/family/etc. they were unable to stay up later to log in when the servers came back up.
  • Options
    mconosrepmconosrep Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I would suggest that a system whereby any day with extended downtime (day 2 hours or more) doesn't count towards the Celestrial coin time limit. This would really help Cryptic keep invested in the game those people who have a lot of other commitments.
  • Options
    yarrmoryarrmor Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 62
    edited May 2013
    Aye, that's a bit of a problem. Now that I read this, I remember I can't play sundays, so that would mean I could get 6 coins max :/. I think 1 day 5 hours is a bit... "overly attached". Why don't they give us 1 day off. So make it 2 days 5 hours.
  • Options
    kiralynkiralyn Member Posts: 1,440 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    yarrmor wrote: »
    So make it 2 days 5 hours.

Because it's this game's equivalent of that modern popular "daily login bonus" thing (also why it only goes to 7 coins max). Letting you skip a day, would defeat the entire concept. /shrug
  • Options
    elenoe8elenoe8 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    1d 5h is ok. Server was never down for more then 5h. It IS daily login bonus. It's not like it ruins causal gameplay or something.

You could complain the same that steam does 24h deals and you've missed (well, you can complain as some others on forum I guess, if you are the type...)

I appreciate it is 1d and 5h. 24h timers sucks because they shift every day a bit and a bit and a ...
  • Options
    nwobrocknwobrock Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Silverstars Posts: 151 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I say they should add invoking to the Gateway. Just allow 1 Gateway invoke per day to help solve this issue.
  • Options
    mojo907mojo907 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Invoke before you log off gives you 29 hours til you log back on.....
  • Options
    greveiousgreveious Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Or you could simply not give a <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> about it and move on??? I dont get why people get mad not being able to do every single thing in a game even when that thing conflicts with other stuff.....
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    mojo907 wrote: »
    Invoke before you log off gives you 29 hours til you log back on.....

Not a great fix, but certainly the best advice in the current situation.
  • Options
    elenoe8elenoe8 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    because people are communist when other's possibilies comes to question. So everybody needs to have same chances. No matter choice or dedication or time and efford spent. To many people always seem wrong others have something they don't and there are always "objective" causes (begins with "lol, I won't spend money" and ends with "I don't have time for that") why others cannot have rewards for their deeds.
  • Options
    lerdocixlerdocix Member Posts: 897 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    greveious wrote: »
    Or you could simply not give a <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> about it and move on??? I dont get why people get mad not being able to do every single thing in a game even when that thing conflicts with other stuff.....
    Min max mindset.
    Either everything or nothing and QQ.
    Can't please modern overdemanding often stupid gamer.
  • Options
    jeronanjeronan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 54
    edited May 2013
    elenoe8 wrote: »
    1d 5h is ok. Server was never down for more then 5h. It IS daily login bonus. It's not like it ruins causal gameplay or something.

You could complain the same that steam does 24h deals and you've missed (well, you can complain as some others on forum I guess, if you are the type...)

I appreciate it is 1d and 5h. 24h timers sucks because they shift every day a bit and a bit and a ...

You're a selfish moron! You need to wait exactly 24 hours since Your last invocation that gave the coins.
    So if the extended downtime falls directly during the experiation period, you're screwed.

Do you really think I am going to get out of bed in the middle of the night, to just invoke and prevent coin loss? Because the server was Down during my entire primetime?
    They constantly do maintenance during EU prime time if you hadn't notice yet! Add an extended downtime and we EU players are screwed and lose Our progress.

People have lives, work commitment, Family, kids. You can't expect People to sit and wait around in the middle of the night until the servers come back up! /FACEPALM
  • Options
    cwiyk13cwiyk13 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I didn't lose my coins due to the unexpected downtime, but I do agree that the Celestial Coin reward system should be modified to take issues like last night into account.
    Krae Vull - Devoted Cleric
  • Options
    idunazidunaz Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 53
    edited May 2013
    Lol so someone that goes out of town for a weekend or on vacation pretty much loses all their Celestial Coins? Whose bright idea was this?
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    idunaz wrote: »
    Lol so someone that goes out of town for a weekend or on vacation pretty much loses all their Celestial Coins? Whose bright idea was this?

They only stack to 7 I believe so its not actually that bad. Still would be nice if they extended the grace period for server downtime periods.
  • Options
    labbblabbb Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Spend them ! They only stack to 7 anyways . My theory is if I wont be on for more then 10 hours I spend them .
    Now the other coins that stack up to a zillion , don't expire .
  • Options
    linadrilinadri Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    There is already a "fix" in place for this you know... the celestial coins timer resets to 1d 5h EVERY TIME you Invoke! As long as you invoke before you log off you should have plenty of time to log on again and not loose coins.
  • Options
    koops90koops90 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    nwobrock wrote: »
    I say they should add invoking to the Gateway. Just allow 1 Gateway invoke per day to help solve this issue.

Seconded!! However....Server downtime also means gateway downtime. But I still think you should be able to from the gateway, it would be helpful.
  • Options
    qioxqiox Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    jeronan wrote: »
    People have lives, work commitment, Family, kids. You can't expect People to sit and wait around in the middle of the night until the servers come back up! /FACEPALM

If you have lives, work commitment, family, kids... why on earth would you give any thought to a system like Celestial Coins that requires such a 'difficult for you' commitment to the game?

If it's not something you can participate in, then don't do it!

Or do you every morning slam your shin against the edge of your coffee table so that when you get to work you can complain to your coworkers about how much it hurt?

If the commitment required to play the Celestial Coins game is too much for you, then don't do it. It really is as simple as that.
  • Options
    serotonergicserotonergic Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 42
    edited May 2013
    People shouldn't lose their celestial coins due to server's being down, that's not fair.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    You're a selfish moron! You need to wait exactly 24 hours since Your last invocation that gave the coins.
    no, you don't
    Do you really think I am going to get out of bed in the middle of the night, to just invoke and prevent coin loss? Because the server was Down during my entire primetime?
    They constantly do maintenance during EU prime time if you hadn't notice yet! Add an extended downtime and we EU players are screwed and lose Our progress.
    it never happened, you just pulling ideas out of your sock
    =jeronan wrote: »
    People have lives, work commitment, Family, kids. You can't expect People to sit and wait around in the middle of the night until the servers come back up!
    I have that too. But I'm not moron like you, who NEEDs to have EVERYTHING and is not willing to do ANYTHING for it. That's it. If you don't want to login every day then don't login every day. But why the .... you think you should get reward for everyday login?
    /FACEPALM
    by word of my favourite character Teal'c: indeed
  • Options
    banicksbanicks Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 66
    edited May 2013
    TBH it's not a real biggie losing the weekly. The only half decent things are day 5 professions and day 7 enchant bag. But you get equivalent opening a professions box in a zone or killing a boss.
    Oceanic Neverwinter Online Guild: http://19thbattalion.com/
  • Options
    myrmeenlhalmyrmeenlhal Member Posts: 65 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    labbb wrote: »
    Spend them ! They only stack to 7 anyways . My theory is if I wont be on for more then 10 hours I spend them .
    Now the other coins that stack up to a zillion , don't expire .

Uh, no. You need 360 celestial coins to buy the Angel companion... therefore they must stack higher than 7, because it would be pretty ridiculous otherwise, no?
  • Options
    thetruezesbanthetruezesban Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Uh, no. You need 360 celestial coins to buy the Angel companion... therefore they must stack higher than 7, because it would be pretty ridiculous otherwise, no?

You're thinking of Ardent Coins. No worries, it's a common mistake.
  • Options
    argoyletargoylet Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Celestial coins stack up to 7, and expire if you don't invoke each day.
    Ardent coins are also gained by invoking, have no limit, and don't expire.

You purchase the angel with ardent coins. Celestial coins have the profession pack, but not much else of value.
  • Options
    ruthynruthyn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I lost my celestial coins today. Upset because I had 5 for one character and 6 for the other. I log in and play every evening but couldn't yesterday because of the huge downtime. :( I am not sure if I should put in a ticket to ask for them back as it was completely out of my hands.
  • Options
    lyokiralyokira Member Posts: 882 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Kinda repeating myself over and over about this, but the easiest way to compensate without any backend guesswork, is to give everyone the celestial coin rewards as part of the Thank You package. Sure, some people might get a bonus, but having some people getting that instead of having some people penalized is preferable.