test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

PC Crash caused by NeverWinter & Graphical texture flicker.

synoke1123synoke1123 Member Posts: 4
edited July 2014 in Bug Reports (PC)
So when I was playing Never Winter, I was on the bridge and the game froze, sound lagged out and when this happened my PC crashed. When i finally got booted up, the PC ran fine, got into Never Winter and didn't even get passed the login/character creation screen and BOOM it happened again. So when I rebooted finally I tested another game (knowing it wouldn't do it again) As I predicted I got into The Secret World on Dx11 (which is the buggier version of the game), and I did a whole dungeon and the game didn't freeze or crash. Going back to NeverWinter the game did freeze after the games bridge boss battle as I leaned over the dead body, it was frozen for about 3min before it continued, which at the loading screen the top and bottom bar were a deep green which shown it glicthed out. No idea how to fix this issue unless it's a software issue since all I can say everything else on my PC doesn't cause this issue. Last time I had this issue was when I had a corrupt driver conflict and crashed EVERY game that I owned. This game is teh only one. Here is teh crash report below:

On Thu 5/2/2013 11:23:20 AM GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\050213-13062-01.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: atikmpag.sys (atikmpag+0xAB38)
Bugcheck code: 0x116 (0xFFFFFA800E10C4D0, 0xFFFFF8800426FB38, 0xFFFFFFFFC0000001, 0x3)
Error: VIDEO_TDR_ERROR
file path: C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\atikmpag.sys
product: AMD driver
company: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.
description: AMD multi-vendor Miniport Driver
Bug check description: This indicates that an attempt to reset the display driver and recover from a timeout failed.
A third party driver was identified as the probable root cause of this system error. It is suggested you look for an update for the following driver: atikmpag.sys (AMD multi-vendor Miniport Driver, Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.).
Google query: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. VIDEO_TDR_ERROR

On Thu 5/2/2013 10:23:48 AM GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\050213-14328-01.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: atikmpag.sys (atikmpag+0xAB38)
Bugcheck code: 0x116 (0xFFFFFA800DCC9190, 0xFFFFF880042A7B38, 0xFFFFFFFFC0000001, 0x3)
Error: VIDEO_TDR_ERROR
file path: C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\atikmpag.sys
product: AMD driver
company: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.
description: AMD multi-vendor Miniport Driver
Bug check description: This indicates that an attempt to reset the display driver and recover from a timeout failed.
A third party driver was identified as the probable root cause of this system error. It is suggested you look for an update for the following driver: atikmpag.sys (AMD multi-vendor Miniport Driver, Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.).
Google query: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. VIDEO_TDR_ERROR
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• synoke1123synoke1123 Member Posts: 4
    edited May 2013
    bump Anyone having this issue?
  • synoke1123synoke1123 Member Posts: 4
    edited May 2013
    bump bump bump
  • decayeventualdecayeventual Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I am too crashs alot
  • harleq1harleq1 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I've been getting the same problem I think. My game would freeze since the patch on 5-5-13. At the same time my entire computer would freeze. I'm not sure if it is a temporary freeze or not because I just gave up and hard rebooted after waiting 2 min.
  • overloafer9overloafer9 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Yeah, I crash a lot also... Anyone got any fixes?
  • count0intcount0int Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I am getting this as well. This is the only game that causes a blue screen or crash of any sort. Until this is sorted, I am playing on my slower laptop, which is somewhat painful.

Hopefully they get this resolved soon.
  • alienc0realienc0re Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I've been experiencing MANY crashes lately.

Seems to have to do with overheating my GPU (NVGTX675M) so my Notebook (Gaming Notebook, yes.) simply shuts down.

But these last few days.. i haven'T had the change to experience the game for more than 15 minutes that it skyrockets over 75c and the safety kill is triggered.

It's not the same bug that you experience, though.. Just can't post myself, yet.
    But i feel it could have the same or similar cause.

Lg, HearthCore
  • theswollyonetheswollyone Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I've been having this issue a few weeks now and still haven't solved it. Its very frustrating...
  • makerboomakerboo Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I crash a lot after the last updates. It is getting really annoying. I play FFXI, FFXIV, Star Wars and never had a single problem.
  • macklinnashmacklinnash Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    alienc0re wrote: »
    I've been experiencing MANY crashes lately.

Seems to have to do with overheating my GPU (NVGTX675M) so my Notebook (Gaming Notebook, yes.) simply shuts down.

But these last few days.. i haven'T had the change to experience the game for more than 15 minutes that it skyrockets over 75c and the safety kill is triggered.

It's not the same bug that you experience, though.. Just can't post myself, yet.
    But i feel it could have the same or similar cause.

Lg, HearthCore

I am having the exact same issue with my laptop. It did this when I first downloaded the beta and I messed around with a few things and I'm not sure what I did but it worked fine the rest of the beta. As of June 20th I haven't been able to be in game more than a minute or so tops, and its usually less than that before my whole laptop just shuts off. I've cleaned my fan and put my laptop on a cooling pad with a fan and no luck. Super frustrating because ti was working just fine with the beta.
  • lazurath1978lazurath1978 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Hi, So I have a AMD Radeon HD 7870 Ghz 2Gb card and this game keeps giving me issues with the screen tearing and blurry. The terrain becomes rough and then smoothes out, people disappear and reappear rapidly lol. What's the fix for AMD and if there isn't one are they working on it?
  • yhchan2yhchan2 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Having same problem.When I start the game.It auto crashed.SAying shard not found.Summ
    ited a ticket.Nothing.
  • cookiecrisp15cookiecrisp15 Banned Users Posts: 532 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2014
    got exacly same crash since a week
  • zexion#8981 zexion Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    When i start the game and i go to create a new character it just crash cuz of some stupid error
    a fatal error what can i do?
  • jamesfredrickjamesfredrick Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Is there a fix for this yet? Neverwinter is causing my entire computer to crash. It doesn't do it on WoW, or Rift, or any of the other MMOs I play, but Neverwinter. If it helps, I got my copy through Steam. It's really aggravating because I really like the game and want to play, but until there's a fix for this crashing problem I can't play it.
  • charononuscharononus Member Posts: 5,715 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I think you guys are all having seperate problems, including some that are probably fixed as this thread is from a year ago. To the last poster who is the only one new enough to even try to help. Quit from steam and download arc and the regular neverwinter client. Make sure you've quit from steam completely and try again. I've seen steam conflict with things so that has to be rule out first. (just looked it up, it's steam and some nvidea drivers), but even if you don't have nvidea get rid of steam to rule it out. After that has been rule out, you can start working on figuring out what's going on further.
  • toymakerhearttoymakerheart Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Delete the Neverwinter folder inside Cryptic Studios folder ad let the launcher download all the game files again. That ever fixes my client issues.
  • jamesfredrickjamesfredrick Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I do have nvidia. Geforce GT 610 to be specific