test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Dungeon Time + Risk + Reward

malvolio11malvolio11 Member Posts: 40 Arc User
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
I have only made it to level 41 and I have tried to queue for each dungeon/skirmish I came into level for. But for hours on end I get no queue pop two of them I outleveled the queue range in the time I was waiting.

I think part of this stems from two reasons, Firstly dungeons take way too much time and the rewards are not great enough, the loot tables are atrocious and the items are really not worth all that time and effort. You go through a very long dungeon and boss fights that last pretty darn long for a 5 man dungeon like https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E2HDYTTKi7Q and Grey Wolf Den all for a mediocre item at the end and a few Seals in which you would have to grind that tedium repeatedly to get a decent item.

Secondly the boss fight mechanics seems to be the same <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> over and over again just in a different color. Whoever designed these fights apparently has a hard on for one boss mechanic in particular: Metric tons of adds. Not every boss needs an add mechanic and some of these fights are needlessly drawn out because of this tedium.

With so many MMORPGs out there with some amazing boss mechanic ideas I really don't see why you feel the need to limit yourself to the same stuff over and over again. Don't get me wrong don't go the route of the Storming the Keep skirmish that boss has practically no mechanics and way too many hitpoints as a wizard I pretty much held down magic missile and went to sleep.

Perhaps its just me but those are the only reasons I can explain there being few queue pops for a game just released into open beta.
Post edited by malvolio11 on

Comments

• elenoe8elenoe8 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    um... well... a bit more imagination needed.

The reason why you wait long in queue is not that those are not run by people. Reason is that it matches roles in group. Sooo, if there are 20 strikers and no healer. There may be even 40 strikers but still no matching. It always is this way. Then there is usually one class who can get into any random group immediatelly. But then you will still in great queue of 35 strikers waiting for another healer. Got the principle?

In Rift there was lack of tanks in random groups matching. In LOTRO for healers. Not sure which one is it here. Pretty sure it's not CW :)
  • malvolio11malvolio11 Member Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I hear you, I played rift all the way through the latest Xpac my tank was instant pop for the longest time and my cleric could select all roles and get healer every time. But I don't think Neverwinter has any kind of role mechanic at least not that I have noticed. I have had multiple pops without heals, without tanks, all dps, etc... I may be wrong but I havent noticed a trend in the matchmaking so far.

The one thing I have seen the least of is the Great Weapon Fighter I stopped playing mine at 26.. and went with wizard (played wiz previous CBT)
  • kiralynkiralyn Member Posts: 1,440 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    malvolio11 wrote: »
    But I don't think Neverwinter has any kind of role mechanic at least not that I have noticed. I have had multiple pops without heals, without tanks, all dps, etc... I may be wrong but I havent noticed a trend in the matchmaking so far.

Which might also be a reason for "adds" being the only boss mechanic. If they're trying to have it not be "tank & healer utterly required", some of the more interesting boss mechanics might be an issue.

(Also for the fact that the dungeons can be run by different size groups including solo.)
  • thegrantisimothegrantisimo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Seems the party Q thing is a little...off. I (a cleric) got matched with a full group of clerics for epic cloak tower. I wanted to try it so bad, but they wussed out :(