test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Partial Gateway Select Character workaround

jalekjalek Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited May 2013 in Bug Reports (PC)
Like many, I was having problems getting past "Select Character" on the Gateway screen. Oddly, it only seems to be for the top character on the selection list. Once I saw what the url for a character was, I was able to get to the gateway page for my main character by typing in the URL directly:

http://gateway.playneverwinter.com/#char(CharacterName@AccountName)/profession

I did not have to escape the apostrophe in my character's name.

However, this is only a partial workaround. A lot of times I keep getting "Loading Timeout" errors, but occasionally I can get to the character page I want.
Post edited by jalek on

Comments

• presilkpresilk Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 103 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    Sigh. was so looking foward to be able to use this on my ipad without my wife realising what I was doing....
    The site, just doesn't work properly. Only a few times I've somehow managed to succeed while been beyond painfully slow.
    Some of the icons repond fine. When it comes time to choose an asset to use.. it just doesn't want to acknowledge the selection, usually pretends it has worked.... but never comes up.

Hope it's addressed soon or better yet, an app for ipad/android

It's reminding me of the old dial up modems attempting to handshake on BBS sites.
  • ominousratominousrat Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Thank you for this. I haven't been able to get into the one character that I've been doing professions on through the gateway. This greatly helped.
  • theunsinkabletheunsinkable Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    having same problem thanks for the work around hope they check into this