test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

DUNGEONS and Level - How Que Works

zalathorm7zalathorm7 Member Posts: 128 Arc User
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Liar of the Mad Dragon is recommended at 34. It was available when I went in at level 35. I leveled to 36 in the dungeon, and due to a player DCing during the end fight, didn't beat the dungeon.

I come out, and now I get the level 38 dungeon in que, with liar of the mad dragon no where to be found.

SO, can I still get in this dungeon? Can I que, or do I need to find a group and zone in myself?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by zalathorm7 on

Comments

• rpgbrorpgbro Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I have a somewhat relevant question and I'd like to ask it here rather than make a new thread for it. Sorry if I'm hijacking your thread.

Yesterday (may 01), I wasn't able to do the Blacklake Terror Skirmish due to queues being down, so instead I continued questing and ended up at level 16. So today I went back to see if I could do BTS since I hear the queues are working again, but it appears I'm too high-leveled to enter.

It's mostly my fault for leveling up far past the level range of the dungeon, but I still feel there should be some way of finishing the quest anyway. Is there a way for me to do it on my own, or can I manually enter through the dungeon without using the queue?
  • zalathorm7zalathorm7 Member Posts: 128 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    anyone have an answer for us? :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • lordfuzunlordfuzun Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 54
    edited May 2013
    The leveling Dungeons have a maximum level cap. It's +3 level of the level of the Dungeon. I assume that the reason is the Dungeon would get to be too trivial because the Dungeons at tuned to the given level. There are end game versions of the lower level dungeons. So you can run the Cloak Tower or the Mad Dragon dungeons when hit the end game.
  • deahamletdeahamlet Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 191 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    And you get no XP if you go in over level solo, by the way, nor credit for the quest.
    edited May 2013
    Well that's a shame, then. It's okay. I'm not really mad about it or anything. I just have a certain OCD about completing quests. I'll deal with it and move on. When I make a new character in the future I can be more careful about leveling too quickly.
  • chaddiwickerchaddiwicker Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I was in the queue for Lair of the Mad Dragon and leveled up. It kicked me out of the queue when I leveled and then I couldn't re-queue. Are we supposed to just twiddle our thumbs while waiting to queue? Also, the descriptions need to be more clear about what level ranges can run a particular skirmish/dungeon. I would like opportunities to complete missed skirmishes/dungeons so achievements can be attained.
  • spiritwolfxxxspiritwolfxxx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    There needs to be a way to de-level yourself. This would solve this issue and become a way for higher level toons to adventure with lower lvl friends.
  • vonthvonth Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 85
    edited May 2013
    This is because leveling is so fast that you miss some dungeons and skirmishes on the way to the top.

Well at least all dungeons have heroic modes at 60 level so i'm keeping my eager for them.
  • jakula1jakula1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I joined the queue for the second dungeon the moment I was able, however I out leveled it before ever getting in a group. I did see the queue pop once however some people must have declined the invite as the group never eventuated. Seems a shame that I am missing content developers worked hard on just because the queues are long.
  • ekeiramekeiram Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    There needs to be a way to de-level yourself. This would solve this issue and become a way for higher level toons to adventure with lower lvl friends.

I think they could work on this by implementing some sort of "Confirm to take Next Level" button. Right now you automaticly level when you earn the xp needed for the next lvl. If there would be a "confirm to lvl" button it can help the problems mentioned here: Outleveling when allready in the dungeon, outleveling when doing some small quests while waiting in queue.
    Maybe add a max "hold lvl" xp cap, like when you would reach xp for 2 lvls over the lvl you are holding, you'll stop earning xp and must take the lvl up.
    Mari McMillan

Double Barrelled Kobold ~ Mindflayer
  • lsyalsya Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    zalathorm7 wrote: »
    Liar of the Mad Dragon is recommended at 34. It was available when I went in at level 35. I leveled to 36 in the dungeon, and due to a player DCing during the end fight, didn't beat the dungeon.

I come out, and now I get the level 38 dungeon in que, with liar of the mad dragon no where to be found.

SO, can I still get in this dungeon? Can I que, or do I need to find a group and zone in myself?

If you go to the dungeon's entrance, you can enter there solo or with a premade group if you've outleveled the dungeon.
    L'sya Raiya
  • banecrushrbanecrushr Member Posts: 129 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    This is easy... some MMO I played awhile back(not going to mention the name AOC) allowed you to drop back and help lower level players simply by dropping your level by 5 or points. Don't recall all the facts but it was pretty nice tool to have. Seems maybe NW could look into something along those lines..just a thought
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Sir, were now surrounded"!
    Thats great news son, now we can attack from ALL sides"!
  • l4stlifel4stlife Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 66
    edited May 2013

This is what Guildwars 2 was good at, They put you at the level cap of the Dungeon

I am now level 54, and have done only 2 dungeons of my possible 10 at level 54. The Queing system is just not working, I am a Trikster Rogue. I in my travels around Faer
  • l4stlifel4stlife Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 66
    edited May 2013

This is what Guildwars 2 was good at, They put you at the level cap of the Dungeon

I am now level 54, and have done only 2 dungeons of my possible 10 at level 54. The Queing system is just not working, I am a Trikster Rogue. I in my travels around Faer
    edited May 2013
    Why is my post being cut off???
    edited May 2013

I am now level 54, and have done only 2 dungeons of my possible 10 at level 54. The Queing system is just not working, I am a Trikster Rogue. I in my travels around Faerun I have not seen that many TR's. I was out leveled while waiting in the que, this was true for Skirmisses too!

I am also having trouble find the Dunheons to try and solo but they are marked on any of the maps, also something that Guildwars 2 was better at (Sorry for comparing to GW2, I did spend 350 hours playing it, but NW is way better in alot of other things) I cant wait to get to level 60 to do the epic versions, Just hope my gear rating will be good enough to be invited to parties... This is when I will see if pay to win comes into play
    edited May 2013
    lol would alow me to use the correct seplleing for Faerun
  • kimmurieloblodrakimmurieloblodra Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    whats a que ?

que pasa?

is that spanish?
  • grekthorangrekthoran Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 68
    edited May 2013

I found this out the hard way too. It's would be cool to eventually have some type of "mentor" system. I used that feature a lot in other games. It's not top of the list of stuff that needs to be added, but eventually, it would be nice.
    edited May 2013
    l4stlife wrote: »

What I really hated about GW2 is the fact that it does this for all AREAS, as well. If Neverwinter could adopt the system for DUNGEONS ONLY then that's cool with me. Please don't do this for areas/zones.