test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

LvL 60 Trickster Rogue PvP Footage & Comments

strawbyxstrawbyx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 43
edited May 2013 in PvE Discussion
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nr-gWxQ0imc

Feat Build
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=otdEC4jCCmY

More to come.

My comments on LvL 60 PvP so far.

TL;DR - TTK at level 60 is too short - Upon joining PvP instances and only in PvP instances, institute a 100-200% HP Buff or -50% damage debuff (I personally favour a HP buff, a damage debuff would mess with damage mitigation skills).

Just as reference, I have a GS of 8400+ (In full tier 1-2 epics), not that I care too much about GS or how broken the formula calculating it is at the moment, but just so you know, I'm not waltzing into lvl60 PvP with lvl30 Greens.

Currently, I'm sitting at 22k HP +- 100 or so, and have an average of 3.1k power and 40% crit. The opponents I've fought should have similar stats +or- in terms of HP and Power at least, Crit being class dependent.

Now simply put skills at level 60 from all classes in PvP (to a lesser extent GWF's, as we know are not in the best shape right now), just deal too much damage in relation to HP. Survival doesn't matter if you're a squishy class like a TR/CW, GFs are equally squishy.

For example, TR's daily, shocking excution does upwards of 15-30k Damage normal or crit, without arguing the usage limitations of said skill (of which there are ways to ensure its successful use quite reguarly). Granted it is a daily, but no skill should have such power.

Looking at other TR skills, the numbers too seem unnaturally high when comapred to HP. Lashing blade, on criticals does upwards of 7-10k Damage, almost half of most players HP. Similiarly ,cloud of steel with all 12 charges used in sequence and when buffed from feats. These are just the ones that currently stand out as being over the top, I'm sure with more experience in the 60 bracket different usage of TR skill combinations will pop up.

That's not to say TR's are overpowered. The same goes for CW's skills. I do not have the exact numbers nor skills used, but from experience (I will try to back this up with videos and detailed breakdown of skills/numbers later), getting stuck in just one of their CCs and them damaging you during said CC, puts you so far down on HP that there's literally nothing you can do, but die, where before at lower levels, you could effectively tactically sit the CC and damage out and counter it. Now, its avoid it at all cost or die.

At best, I would rate TTK to be 4-5seconds, and at the moment whoever initiates combat, will more than likely win. Also, the focus has turned into, how can I do more "burst" damage than the other person before I die, as opposed to "surviving".

That said, I'm not saying the initiator should not have a combat advantage, I just don't expect it to be such a big one. At lower levels, where TTK is drastically longer, there are ways to recover from situations that are not favourable, (ie, getting jumped/stunned/opened up on) as you have the HP (or damage on skills isn't that high) to effectively use "skill" be it positioning/counter skills, to dig yourself out of said situations. Now however, the ability to do so is greatly diminished. Certaintly there is a very very small window of opportunity to do so, but I feel that it should not be the case.

So... What needs to be done I feel is relatively simple. To ensure a segragation of PvP and PvE, individual skill damage balancing needs not be done as a whole as it'll affect PvE and will require way too much complicated balancing (That's not to say that some skills don't need balancing). Instead a simple HP buff when entering PvP instances needs to be in place, the systems are already in place for "Buffing/Scaling" seen in lower level PvP instances, a 100% buff to HP would be a start, but I would like to see at least a 200% buff to HP in PvP, it'll bring back "skill" in terms of not focusing on who can initiate first, or who does the most damage first wins.
Post edited by strawbyx on

Comments

• ceonnynceonnyn Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I have to say this -

I saw your video first and though "omfg great I get to look forward to this at lvl 60, being killed in seconds by TR"

But then I came back and read the rest of your post, which advocates a HP buff.

So, I think you got the right idea. I hope Cryptic does this soon; with past games (cough champions online) they waited years before addressing pvp balance and burned off a major segment of their player base.
  • strawbyxstrawbyx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 43
    edited May 2013
    ceonnyn wrote: »
    I have to say this -

"omfg great I get to look forward to this at lvl 60, being killed in seconds by TR"

Just want to highlight the fact that, CW's are even bigger culprits of this, since they can do it from range. If you watch closely at the damage numbers from my deaths, you'll regularly see the CW hitting me for 18k on his daily and 7k crits on encounters.
  • ceonnynceonnyn Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I say a week from now people will be screaming on the forums about this.
  • zingarbagezingarbage Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I do agree that one shotting with dailies is a bit extreme, but you run the risk of making clerics way to strong if no burst is available.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • strawbyxstrawbyx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 43
    edited May 2013
    That's easily solved by reducing the damage mitigation they get from the one/variant of said encounter that gives it. It's the sole source of their "powerful survival"
  • arcinetharcineth Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    strawbyx wrote: »
    GFs are equally squishy.

No we aren't. A GFs survivability is in his ability to completely stop all damage from the front while his guard meter is up. A good GF will block high damage burst.
  • pyrosarashipyrosarashi Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    zingarbage wrote: »
    I do agree that one shotting with dailies is a bit extreme, but you run the risk of making clerics way to strong if no burst is available.

Just reduce healing efficiency in PvP too. Not too much though, or maybe only on themselves, whichever. PvP has so many issues in this game regardless it's not a big deal imo, can't take it too seriously. They need to remove mounts, add some sort of CC reduction thing other than just reducing duration(doesn't help when there's multiple people around, especially certain dailies), reduce damage. Noticed something in this video too, picking the health power up keeps healing you even when you're taking dmg. I see it as a regen power up when you're low, not as a pick this before engaging to win.
  • arteqtarteqt Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    What I have seen from the video is pretty much the same with Vanilla WoW PvP. Burst option should be there however it should not take %80 of your hp with a single skill. That leaves no room for any counter reactions or any tactical thoughts. Cryptic really should consider implementing some kind of pvp resiliance system.
  • afestisafestis Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I dont like that its all in high speed mode, id slow it down so people actually can see whats going on.

PS.
    To the post about clerics, they allready have 40% reduced healing on themselves.
    DS
  • gomok72gomok72 Member Posts: 616 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Just reduce healing efficiency in PvP too. Not too much though, or maybe only on themselves, whichever. PvP has so many issues in this game regardless it's not a big deal imo, can't take it too seriously. They need to remove mounts, add some sort of CC reduction thing other than just reducing duration(doesn't help when there's multiple people around, especially certain dailies), reduce damage. Noticed something in this video too, picking the health power up keeps healing you even when you're taking dmg. I see it as a regen power up when you're low, not as a pick this before engaging to win.

You only regen health if you below 100%, just like the PvP pots.
    strawbyx wrote: »
    Just want to highlight the fact that, CW's are even bigger culprits of this, since they can do it from range. If you watch closely at the damage numbers from my deaths, you'll regularly see the CW hitting me for 18k on his daily and 7k crits on encounters.

Not sure if you have ever played a CW but in order to do damage numbers like that I am 100% certain he gave up a lot of his ability to survive (you hit them just as hard if not harder in you video).
    arteqt wrote: »
    What I have seen from the video is pretty much the same with Vanilla WoW PvP. Burst option should be there however it should not take %80 of your hp with a single skill. That leaves no room for any counter reactions or any tactical thoughts. Cryptic really should consider implementing some kind of pvp resiliance system.

Absolutely not, this is not a PvP focused game and if it becomes one then it's not DnD, period. I have a PvP 60 Rogue in full PvP epics and they do help big time over plain jane crafted or dungeon epic drops.

Overall, having a 60 Rogue to and leveling up a CW (currently) it's too early to make changes to classes and abilities without detrimentacanlly hurting the PvE aspect of the game. If anything they should give specific PvP abilities to each class that can only be used in the PvP setting. I'm currently working on a CW and will also post numbers of my Rogue and CW with videos once I hit 60 on this character.
    I may not be considered by most the BEST PVP Warlock on the server but, I am the most HATED amongst them.

-Kymos
  • iamphausiamphaus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 188 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Yo, mind giving us a rundown on your feat set up?
    Common sense is hard to come by around here it seems..
  • deputatudeputatu Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hello, could you please tell me how much glory you obtained as a lvl 60 after that match? I couldn`t clearly see, was it 675? And if so do all maches at 60 give that much glory for wins? I`m asking this because i was pvping quite alot yesterday trying to rack up some glory( i`m 27) and i am only getting 100/win.

Thanks!
    edited May 2013
  • reskalreskal Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It definitely goes up based on level. I was getting about 20-100 in the 10-19 bracket. Yesterday I received about 200 with a win on my level 35 character. Based on that scale, 600 isn't too crazy. Maybe a bit high?