test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Dear Cryptic

powersoulpowersoul Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
I appreciate all the effort to get the servers up and working asap, and I also appreciate your communication. Please be more respectful of your community by giving them an ETA on when they can play again. Even if it is not an accurate ETA, it is far better than repeating that the servers will be up again soon every 5 minutes for several hours. If people are told that it will be fixed in 2 hours, they will go find something else to do and not sit there waiting for that eventual "soon" to hit.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by powersoul on

Comments

• deathsremnantdeathsremnant Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 185
    edited May 2013
    MMO lingo - Soon ; try again tomorrow
  • powersoulpowersoul Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    No, in this case there is another maint happening in like 7 hours with no ETA on it's completion as well.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • l1d3nl1d3n Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 385 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    rounded_corners_zps0b79a059.gif
  • moodaymooday Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 54
    edited May 2013
    powersoul wrote: »
    I appreciate all the effort to get the servers up and working asap, and I also appreciate your communication. Please be more respectful of your community by giving them an ETA on when they can play again. Even if it is not an accurate ETA, it is far better than repeating that the servers will be up again soon every 5 minutes for several hours. If people are told that it will be fixed in 2 hours, they will go find something else to do and not sit there waiting for that eventual "soon" to hit.

Dude, when Blizzard (WoW) has unexpected or extended downtime it sounds like this

"We have an ETA of 1pm"

"We are moving our ETA back to 1:30pm"

"We have encountered more problems, we don't currently have an ETA but we will let you know ASAP"

"Our ETA on the servers is currently 4PM"

It's really ******* annoying. I'd rather them say "hey man, we don't know, so don't count on it" so I can just go to bed!
  • palad1n72palad1n72 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hmmm, with all of their games going down, someone on another site said there may have been a hack attempt, and PW may be compromised. This would not normally happen, where just 1 of their games goes down, this was a wide network issue that affected all of their game main game servers. I am a bit hesitant on anything until PW can open up and be truthful with what caused this wide network disruption that affected their 3 main games, seeing as each one is on different servers and in different locations globally.
  • pickygamerpickygamer Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    palad1n72 wrote: »
    Hmmm, with all of their games going down, someone on another site said there may have been a hack attempt, and PW may be compromised. This would not normally happen, where just 1 of their games goes down, this was a wide network issue that affected all of their game main game servers. I am a bit hesitant on anything until PW can open up and be truthful with what caused this wide network disruption that affected their 3 main games, seeing as each one is on different servers and in different locations globally.

The games that went down are pretty interconnected: STO, CO and this game. The chats are connected, the mails are connected and all have very similar systems. Its not a surprise that those other two are effected since they did tweet they had isolated the Hardware issue (key word hardware). So something in the server went *fizzle* is my logical guess, and it affected that servers games sto, co and nw. My buddy was playing pwi at during the whole outage. You can put away the tinfoil if you'd like.
  • shiinchan01shiinchan01 Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    powersoul wrote: »
    Please be more respectful of your community by giving them an ETA on when they can play again. Even if it is not an accurate ETA.

I feel this is selfish and rude to be stated. They are not being disrespectful by not giving an ETA and frankly I would be more pissed if they gave an ETA and was incorrect. How about you get a life and do other things, check back once in awhile and play when its back?

They had hardware failure, its going to take a good bit of time and may very well not be up till tomorrow. I do not feel they disrespected me by not giving me an ETA, I feel respect that they decided to give any information on what happened at all. Stop being a whiny privileged kid and just go do something else for the time being.
  • joeldgnjoeldgn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 76
    edited May 2013
    yea, **** all
  • tehpwnhealstehpwnheals Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I feel this is selfish and rude to be stated. They are not being disrespectful by not giving an ETA and frankly I would be more pissed if they gave an ETA and was incorrect. How about you get a life and do other things, check back once in awhile and play when its back?

They had hardware failure, its going to take a good bit of time and may very well not be up till tomorrow. I do not feel they disrespected me by not giving me an ETA, I feel respect that they decided to give any information on what happened at all. Stop being a whiny privileged kid and just go do something else for the time being.

+1, for the OP to actually be frustrated with no ETA for an F2P game that was JUST launched into its OB, so it's not even like you've invested that much time into it. Go to sleep and im 99% sure when you wake up that itll be running. So you don't get to play for a solid 10 hours or so? If you can't handle that, you need to realize you have an unhealthy addiction.
  • wolfpaqdwolfpaqd Member Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    just got home from the gym, got the servers down notice.

I take it this has been the case for a while? Do we have any communication on the issue at all?