test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Why do all the armor and weapons look the same? bummer..

awesomeandyawesomeandy Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
im lvl 13, early i know.. but can someone please tell me if armor and weapon skin variety gets any more broad? i mean, litterally every sword i have obtained so far has the same skin.. it really is kind of a bummer and a huge turn off of the game for me.
Post edited by awesomeandy on

Comments

• Options
    dunginmasterdunginmaster Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yes, it gets broader and more customizable.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    i appreciate the fast response, good to hear.
  • Options
    kill4kaytkill4kayt Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    There isn't like a CHEST, LEGS, SHOULDERS slot its just armour slot. So as you go instead of getting different looks in the beginning there will be the same armour with MORE pieces to it. Not always though. At level 13 I have had 3 different looking types.
    Close The World.txeN ehT nepO
  • Options
    yultyult Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 181 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    im lvl 13

You're lvl 13.
  • Options
    l1d3nl1d3n Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 385 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    LvL 22 on my Wizard and I got some cool looking armor with a gold glowing aura on it. In the beginning it looks bleak but it gets better, at least it did for me being a wizard.
  • Options
    pizzamuraipizzamurai Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yes, it gets broader and more customizable.

Barely...

Hole moves from one side to the other. You get buttflaps on your coattails. The looks barely change at all from 1-60 save the one set of blue armor, and a helmet change in the 30s. Everything that can be called different is pretty much at 60, and even then most of it is not in the game yet.

Armor variety in this game is deplorable, and it's in my top three beefs with it atm.
  • Options
    salimussalimus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yeah its only moderately different as you level. Once you get to 60 you get decent look items but, they are all the same dye. You need the dye to really make it look decent and there are 3 colors per piece.
    Galadris
    60 Control Wizard
    <EXILE>
    Dragon Server

kqil2.jpg
  • Options
    rhazes1rhazes1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 89
    edited May 2013
    Level 13 doesn't matter you will most likely look the same at 30 and possibly at 60. Even if you get a dungeon blue it will only do something like add some sort of garnish or tapestry to the same armor you been wearing since you made the character.
    I spend all day reading every thread and letting people know this is BETA.
  • Options
    finnikiafinnikia Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    well, that's a bummer
  • Options
    yultyult Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 181 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    This may not make anyone feel better, but I think the first set of epic armor at 60 looks incredible. Am very happy with the way it looks and the dying options are pretty numerous even if you do have to pay.
  • Options
    pizzamuraipizzamurai Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    rhazes1 wrote: »
    Level 13 doesn't matter you will most likely look the same at 30 and possibly at 60. Even if you get a dungeon blue it will only do something like add some sort of garnish or tapestry to the same armor you been wearing since you made the character.

Actually the blue set looks entirely different. At least it did for rogues.

That was about it though.
  • Options
    kolbe11kolbe11 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    If you want glow, don't go GF... There's currently no glowing armor for GF until 52.
    "It is said that idle hands are the Devil's tools: Idle geek hands, however, came up with gunpowder, nuclear weapons, and toilet plungers." -Illiad
  • Options
    dralleballedralleballe Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    My experience is the same, takes some fun out of the game for me.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    yult wrote: »
    You're lvl 13.

as stated.
  • Options
    johsarwolfjohsarwolf Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    That's what i liked so much about City of Heroes (RIP) - finding a character, that looks like yourself was nearly impossible.

I hope they bring on some more stuff in the (hope so) years to come - it's only the beginning, isn't it? :)

/salute
  • Options
    pandazzopandazzo Member Posts: 3
    edited May 2013
    this is one one the worst thing of this game :( i've got a lvl 16 wizard..and my armor it's always the same..
  • Options
    terradraconisterradraconis Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'm going to say ..... Because it is open beta.

yeah yeah all those people having snit fits that its actually full release..... They called it open beta because of issues like this.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    kill4kaytkill4kayt Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'm going to say ..... Because it is open beta.

yeah yeah all those people having snit fits that its actually full release..... They called it open beta because of issues like this.

it's not full release, it's Soft Launch.
  • Options
    morgensteinnmorgensteinn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Im lvl 25 GWF and im a lot different from when i was 1, but still i look the same as every other GWF at my level, which is very saddening. Especially when you get blue items from dungeons (that have a different model in the tooltip picture) but look the exact same as the armour that you are wearing.
  • Options
    direcrowdirecrow Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    pizzamurai wrote: »
    Barely...

Hole moves from one side to the other. You get buttflaps on your coattails. The looks barely change at all from 1-60 save the one set of blue armor, and a helmet change in the 30s. Everything that can be called different is pretty much at 60, and even then most of it is not in the game yet.

Armor variety in this game is deplorable, and it's in my top three beefs with it atm.

I agree, I don't have many complaints about this game, but armor moel variety is shamefully bad. There really is no excuse, even the laziest developed games I've played, give you a new look every ten levels. For a Cryptic game the level of cosmetic customization is almost criminal.
    Mindflayer Shard - @direcrow
    The Dire Crow - Tiefling TR
    Alice L'ddell - Human GF
    Ludovique - Tiefling DC
  • Options
    terradraconisterradraconis Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    kill4kayt wrote: »
    it's not full release, it's Soft Launch.

::sigh:: I know that, I wasn't calling it full release, I'm referring to all the others making that daft claim even the thread where the OP quotes a lot of text to try and prove that point. It's a soft launch/open beta because while the game is playable and mostly stable ... there are a lot of things still needing to be fixed.

Not enough different graphics for items in the lower levels. ie everyone looks the same from level 1 - 30+
    Only 1 paragon path per profession
    Several missing professions such as warlock, ranger, bard, etc. For that matter a number of classes have alternates.
    Several missing races from the standard 4E list including dragonborn.
    I'm sure other things as I look around.

But the game in general is playable from level 1 - 60 has a functional if shallow end game and works. so they decided to go ahead and release it soft launch/open beta rather than wait 6 - 12 months to fill in a lot of the missing stuff.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    ::sigh:: I know that, I wasn't calling it full release, I'm referring to all the others making that daft claim even the thread where the OP quotes a lot of text to try and prove that point. It's a soft launch/open beta because while the game is playable and mostly stable ... there are a lot of things still needing to be fixed.

Not enough different graphics for items in the lower levels. ie everyone looks the same from level 1 - 30+
    Only 1 paragon path per profession
    Several missing professions such as warlock, ranger, bard, etc. For that matter a number of classes have alternates.
    Several missing races from the standard 4E list including dragonborn.
    I'm sure other things as I look around.

But the game in general is playable from level 1 - 60 has a functional if shallow end game and works. so they decided to go ahead and release it soft launch/open beta rather than wait 6 - 12 months to fill in a lot of the missing stuff.
    OK let me start by saying 4E has 60+ classes. They would never launch with that. But Cryptic is known for always adding new Classes to the cash shops of its games.

1] The game itself tells you more Paragon paths are coming.
    2] Datamining of BTW1 unveiled Archer, Warlock Scourge, and Battle Mage as playable classes in the coding.
    3] Datamining of BTW1 unveiled Dragonborn as a playable race in the coding.