test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

The answer to Neverwinters cash shop issues.

clockwerkninjaclockwerkninja Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Cryptic/PWE should just market it as "Adult Only " cash shop and market it as a feature .

The game is great so far, ignore the QQ from the school kids who blew their allowance opening lock boxes and are mad they will not be able to get more for a week.

I just got myself the Guardian pack and can not wait to get in game to check it out.

Also thanks to the devs for the awesome response to the opening day issues.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Quote Originally Posted by roents
It's an "open beta" that can't be wiped even in the midst of multiple economy destroying exploits. FUN
Post edited by clockwerkninja on

Comments

• Options
    kill4kaytkill4kayt Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Cryptic/PWI should just market it as "Adult Only " cash shop and market it as a feature .
    I understand people are QQing about Neverwinter's Cash Shop, but I haven't heard anything bad about PWI's Cash Shop. To be honest I don't play PWI and never have been to it's forums so maybe there are complaints. What is the problems there?
    Close The World.txeN ehT nepO
  • Options
    stgnt90stgnt90 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    So you just got the game, haven't logged in, and the first thing you do is come to complain about people complaining about the cash shop?

I don't have an opinion on it either way, I got the guardian as well... but you need to get your perspective straight, because complaining about complaining is probably the worst way to start your adventure.
  • Options
    mrlee9569mrlee9569 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 78
    edited May 2013
    stgnt90 wrote: »
    So you just got the game, haven't logged in, and the first thing you do is come to complain about people complaining about the cash shop?

I don't have an opinion on it either way, I got the guardian as well... but you need to get your perspective straight, because complaining about complaining is probably the worst way to start your adventure.

QFT! This made me laugh so hard.

@ clockwerkninja It's open beta, people are giving their opinions/suggestions on things, stop thinking that everything is 100% perfect you fanboy!
  • Options
    exterminosexterminos Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 54
    edited May 2013
    Nice thing about most of the complainers if you can tell they are QQ'ing from the titles so i never read their threads. Only thing that would stop it is if they cracked down on the threads big time and just started locking them.....this of course will never happen, they would be too worried about the PR problems that could come from being perceived as being heavy handed. Besides if annoying a percentage of the people on the forums lost me money as a company i wouldn't do it either. So we are left where we are, its never gonna change.
  • Options
    kill4kaytkill4kayt Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    mrlee9569 wrote: »
    @ clockwerkninja It's open beta, people are giving their opinions/suggestions on things, stop thinking that everything is 100% perfect you fanboy!
    PWI isn't in open beta. Does that make him not a fanboy??
  • Options
    clockwerkninjaclockwerkninja Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    kill4kayt wrote: »
    I understand people are QQing about Neverwinter's Cash Shop, but I haven't heard anything bad about PWI's Cash Shop. To be honest I don't play PWI and never have been to it's forums so maybe there are complaints. What is the problems there?

Correct.I ment PWE, I was hasty to post...sry bout that..
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    It's an "open beta" that can't be wiped even in the midst of multiple economy destroying exploits. FUN
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    stgnt90 wrote: »

Huh?...lol..no...I have played..even some closed beta..I just got the founder pack today..
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    exterminos wrote: »
    Nice thing about most of the complainers if you can tell they are QQ'ing from the titles so i never read their threads. Only thing that would stop it is if they cracked down on the threads big time and just started locking them.....this of course will never happen, they would be too worried about the PR problems that could come from being perceived as being heavy handed. Besides if annoying a percentage of the people on the forums lost me money as a company i wouldn't do it either. So we are left where we are, its never gonna change.

Maybe you should read then...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Correct.I ment PWE, I was hasty to post...sry bout that..

Kill my fun on this thread why don't you :p
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    xristanax wrote: »
    Want to repaint my house for free? You can wash my car afterwards and mow my lawn every week too while you're at it. Why don't you buy me a cup of coffee on the way over from Starbucks too and as a tip, i'll give you a bit of advice: F2P is F2P.You want to respec but can't afford zen OK, here's a little secret:

Dont buy what you can't afford

Have fun with that while you're painting my house
    Quoting "romequietus" Word for almost word from another thread without crediting him? Shame on you.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    kill4kayt wrote: »
    Quoting "romequietus" Word for almost word from another thread without crediting him? Shame on you.

I am going to quote myself from another thread and say ..

"What sucks to me,is that in today's world brilliant programers are forced to panhandle in virtual worlds that they created for everyone else to enjoy. Then they are treated like digital homeless hobo's by the folks playing in the world they play god to.. "
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Want to repaint my house for free? You can wash my car afterwards and mow my lawn every week too while you're at it. Why don't you buy me a cup of coffee on the way over from Starbucks too and as a tip, i'll give you a bit of advice: F2P is F2P.You want to respec but can't afford zen OK, here's a little secret:

Double Plagiarism!
  • Options
    hovsep159hovsep159 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 6
    edited May 2013
    can anyone explain me why people think the cash shopis p2w? i am utterly confused
  • Options
    exterminosexterminos Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 54
    edited May 2013
    dunno why the distinction between constructive feedback that actually points out real fixable problems and....someone venting their hurt feelings about a 1st world leisure product are so hard for some to distinguish. If something is broken or not working mention it and say why, no one is asking people not to do that. It's important they know if something isn't working, asking the forum to help work through someone's feelings about a video game isn't important its a waste of everyone's time.
  • Options
    direcrowdirecrow Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Cryptic/PWE should just market it as "Adult Only " cash shop and market it as a feature .

The game is great so far, ignore the QQ from the school kids who blew their allowance opening lock boxes and are mad they will not be able to get more for a week.

I just got myself the Guardian pack and can not wait to get in game to check it out.

Haven't even played the game, or even seen the cash shop, and already posting flamebait, ignorant trolling where you insult both adults more knowledgeable than you, and children for not having a bank account.

Well done!

It's like before you spoke, you tattooed a message above your buttcrack, that says: "Listen Here for Opinions", with an arrow pointing down.
    Mindflayer Shard - @direcrow
    The Dire Crow - Tiefling TR
    Alice L'ddell - Human GF
    Ludovique - Tiefling DC
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    hovsep159 wrote: »
    can anyone explain me why people think the cash shopis p2w? i am utterly confused

They are not even saying p2w...they are saying QQ we cant afford to spam lock boxes..
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    lokaidraxmartislokaidraxmartis Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited May 2013

as an adult... who works 9-5, i will also pipe in and say the shop is to expensive... seriously... have you actually run the numbers on how much will cost you to buy all basic things for your character? let me run it by you so you are clearly understanding...

3x 24 slot bags: 10 dollarsx3=30 dollars
    Companions: 10-30 dollars each lets assume only by 1 or 2 companions and drop a 25 dollar price on these
    1x mount: assuming no founders, and just a f2p player here, i think mounts were 20-30 dollars? lets say 20 for sake of arguement.

So assuming b asics... we are talking almost 100 dollars USD just to get ONE character started, with basic attire and gear... NOW you are telling me THAT is reasonable? because if so YOU are insane!
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    direcrow wrote: »
    Haven't even played the game, or even seen the cash shop, and already posting flamebait, ignorant trolling where you insult both adults more knowledgeable than you, and children for not having a bank account.

Well done!

It's like before you spoke, you tattooed a message above your buttcrack, that says: "Listen Here for Opinions", with an arrow pointing down.

If you were half as smart as you thought you were, you would have read more before posting...I have played plenty..I have also already covered you in another thread where you avoided my points...Return to that thread to see how you are wrong.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    direcrowdirecrow Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013

...Yeah, still not as smart as it sounded in your head.
    Alice L'ddell - Human GF
    Ludovique - Tiefling DC
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    as an adult... who works 9-5, i will also pipe in and say the shop is to expensive... seriously... have you actually run the numbers on how much will cost you to buy all basic things for your character? let me run it by you so you are clearly understanding...

3x 24 slot bags: 10 dollarsx3=30 dollars
    Companions: 10-30 dollars each lets assume only by 1 or 2 companions and drop a 25 dollar price on these
    1x mount: assuming no founders, and just a f2p player here, i think mounts were 20-30 dollars? lets say 20 for sake of arguement.

So assuming b asics... we are talking almost 100 dollars USD just to get ONE character started, with basic attire and gear... NOW you are telling me THAT is reasonable? because if so YOU are insane!

Have you considered that they might want people to do some actual game playing ? Maybe the cash shop is intended as a bonus source, not "THE" source? You think maybe ?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    If you were half as smart as you thought you were, you would have read more before posting...I have played plenty..I have also already covered you in another thread where you avoided my points...Return to that thread to see how you are wrong.

I read your opening post where you said you just got the game and can't wait to play. Didn't care enough to read any posts where you got called out for being stupid and try to come off informed after the fact. But for simplicity sake, I'll take your word for it.

...Hey what do you know, you're still an <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>.

and I am half as smart as I think I am. The great thing is, I'm still twice as smart as you.
    Alice L'ddell - Human GF
    Ludovique - Tiefling DC
  • Options
    edited May 2013

That awkward moment...
    PLAGIARIZING A POST FROM ANOTHER THREAD THAT YOU HAVE ALREADY PLAGIARIZED IN THIS THREAD!
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    I read your opening post where you said you just got the game and can't wait to play. Didn't care enough to read any posts where you got called out for being stupid and try to come off informed after the fact. But for simplicity sake, I'll take your word for it.

...Hey what do you know, you're still an <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>.

Then you read wrong , I said I just got Guardian pack and can not wait to get into the game and check it out...Lol, it ok to be wrong..Just sucks in public.

Also, you are still broke it seems ...lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Then you read wrong , I said I just got Guardian pack and can not wait to get into the game and check it out...Lol, it ok to be wrong..Just sucks in public.

Also, you are still broke it seems ...lol

Its also ok to lack the ability to articulate your position. Its also ok that regardless of whether or not that one aspect of your opinion is accurate, you're still talking right out of your ***. But hang on to whatever point you need to to stay in the game sunshine.

Oh wait, no, it isn't ok. It's not ok at all.
    Alice L'ddell - Human GF
    Ludovique - Tiefling DC
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    But hey, you saw the opportunity to flame bait your fellow players, by throwing yourself on the equally obnoxious 'cry about the crying' bandwagon, so far be it for me to disappoint you.
    Alice L'ddell - Human GF
    Ludovique - Tiefling DC
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Its also ok to lack the ability to articulate your position. Its also ok that regardless of whether or not that one aspect of your opinion is accurate, you're still talking right out of your ***. But hang on to whatever point you need to to stay in the game sunshine.

Oh wait, no, it isn't ok. It's not ok at all.

Talking out of my *** ? Why did you not reply in the other thread about how Tera and The Secret world both thrive with very very similar cash shops? How such a cash shop saved Tera and now they have more users spending money than they had at launch. Tera is huge right now.. You also did not read anything before flaming as you stated so I will also re post my other point, to clarify my position for you.. "What sucks to me,is that in today's world brilliant programers are forced to panhandle in virtual worlds that they created for everyone else to enjoy. Then they are treated like digital homeless hobo's by the folks playing in the world they play god to.. "...So as you can see, I am not talking out of my ***, I am clearly schooling you here.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    morterictusgrinmorterictusgrin Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yeah get off the couch and get a job you bunch of poors. I shouldn't have to come to these forums and sift through the filth of the jobless. I paid a premium price for the finest game I have played in over a decade of hardcore job paid gaming.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    *crickets*
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    palad1n72palad1n72 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    You know, I think I am just gonna look at P2W as "Power to Win!" - Everyone has the power to win at this game, regardless if your doing PvE or PvP. Just have to learn your class and abilities, learn what works in situations and adapt. A lot of the whining I have seen usually comes from the PvP crowd though, as that is the "competitive" side of MMO games that boil a lot of these school kids (and sadly, adults who act like immature kids yet), blood when they come across pre-maid teams, or try to justify how so and so bought that armor, weapon, item, on the cash shop and that gave them the advantage, yup!!

It's funny because those same people lose their share of games against players who didn't buy those things, or have similar gear / items from crafting or found in rare drops, etc. Some players want things now, or want unique looking items, the "shiny precious!" lol. All the more power to them, it helps support the game and keep the servers running, but nothing I have seen / found in game cash shop that is anything even near Pay to Win. (Actually, I should just call P2W whiners, Pay to Whine!)