test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Best Companion

raynkeyyzzzzzraynkeyyzzzzz Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 89
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Well whats your best companion in ur opinion?top 3 best and 1 useless worst who?

mine are 3 best

1.priest

2.Ioun stone/ cat hwo to get ioun stone curreecny to get it?

3.maybe galeb duhr

WORST IS

1.ACOLYTE =useless
Post edited by raynkeyyzzzzz on

Comments

• Options
    kill4kaytkill4kayt Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    You spelled **** wrong.
    Close The World.txeN ehT nepO
  • Options
    ternesyavternesyav Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I am interested to see what people think. I bought the Guardian pack, and have used the wolf a fair bit.

I didn't read the descriptions very well, and discovered too late that the vanilla companions have a max level of 15 (useless?). Now I'm shopping for one of the 'purple' companions to see if there's one that will help me.

I have a lvl 41 Cleric, and I'm finding soloing damned hard. I don't want to join a guild because I don't know how long I'll play this game. Plus I don't know if there will be much of an end-game yet.

Please feel free to discuss what you like and don't like about your companions.

The purple-wolf that comes with the Guardian pack has an excellent interrupt.

I also run the vanilla Man-At-Arms. He can tank one mob effectively, but no more than that. Plus he has no damage abilities.

Since the Companions are as stupid as stone slabs, if the mob has a regenerative ability, they will burn through the companion.

Thanks for your input.
  • Options
    vulfenthewargvulfenthewarg Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    After level 20 the warg is awesome. His only issue is he wont attack a CCd opponent, so sometimes he just sits and watches me (on a CW) fight. He also REFUSES to walk past a trap.

The dog companion (the 2 gold one) is 10 different levels of squishy. Even at Lvl 12 now, all he does is die. Useless IMO.
    The Cleric companion(now at lvl 14) does a good job, but her heals often pull agro on her....so she dies a lot.
  • Options
    anotherkenanotherken Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The best companion for a person would vary based on their class and play-style.
  • Options
    raynkeyyzzzzzraynkeyyzzzzz Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 89
    edited May 2013
    whats the best companion for TR?
  • Options
    thunderspankerthunderspanker Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Silverstars Posts: 713 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Well i like the cat, but I have found, after using most of them, that the man-at-arms rocks. He keeps things from smacking you a lot.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Himmelville - Are you easily frightened?
    Click Here

On one side of the mountain, there were bones...
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    cat is 980 000 AD we only get 1000 AD per day just how can u get that much AD?
  • Options
    ambermajambermaj Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Personally I use both the Dire Wolf and Cleric companions. If forced I would give the edge to the wolf (if only due to his level). I use each for different things though so 'better' isn't exactly the right word.
    Cuz you sebestimated me!
  • Options
    kharnagexkharnagex Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 211 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    cat is 980 000 AD we only get 1000 AD per day just how can u get that much AD?

at least its not the angel....save for a year to get it lolz
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    justicepaljusticepal Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Honey Badger is an absolutely amazing companion to play with as a guardian fighter. I taunt and keep aggro while he AOE bleeds. The badger paired with the Dire Wolf is just filthy.
  • Options
    indemicindemic Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    You get 2mil. AD if you pay to win, I mean buy the founder's pack.
  • Options
    gyloirgyloir Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    indemic wrote: »
    You get 2mil. AD if you pay to win, I mean buy the founder's pack.

Better off buying Zen then trading it for AD, the ratio of Zen to AD is insane atm (1:500, might b ea little less now but that' what it was a couple days ago).
  • Options
    kelos1kelos1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    justicepal wrote: »
    Honey Badger is an absolutely amazing companion to play with as a guardian fighter. I taunt and keep aggro while he AOE bleeds. The badger paired with the Dire Wolf is just filthy.

Honey Badger don't give a ****.