test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

More Elf Subraces coming?

iikkajarviiikkajarvi Member Posts: 36
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
I hate to be dense and having missed where or if this was addressed, but will we be able to pick something other than the upcoming drow and wood elves? Moon elves are pretty commonplace throughout the Realms, and sun elves are fun as well. Plus the complexion differences would provide some diversity, if nothing else.
Current Server: Mindflayer
History Class in the Realms: "Elves did it better first. Also, magic was probably involved somehow and maybe gods. Or godly magic. Now go outside so the orcs and bandits have someone to menace."
Post edited by iikkajarvi on

Comments

• Options
    deahamletdeahamlet Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 191 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Considering all the complexion color options you get, I don't think they'd be different enough to introduce them over the other races...
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Typically, they're differentiated by stat bonuses, but in the case of the moon elves in particular, the complexion shade is absent. Otherwise, I'd be inclined to agree. There's also the fact that your origin, for whatever purpose that serves, explicitly makes you a wood elf. If that's ever going to be impacting, I'd like to see more options available in that field. I realize that a ton of other subraces ought to be added eventually too if that's fair, but really - go look at a moon elf in NWN 2 and then come back to this.
    History Class in the Realms: "Elves did it better first. Also, magic was probably involved somehow and maybe gods. Or godly magic. Now go outside so the orcs and bandits have someone to menace."
  • Options
    dugansonduganson Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 39
    edited May 2013
    In 'official' 4E lore Sun and Moon Elves are considered Eladrin. Lame I know, but there it is.

Hopefully they will have the color pallate to allow us to make 'Star Elves' with Eladrin as well. They're my favorite.
  • Options
    tfangeltfangel Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Really? Of more race options, you want even more elves right now? I know people have their favorites, but there are three already. (Half, drow and normal)
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    duganson wrote: »
    In 'official' 4E lore Sun and Moon Elves are considered Eladrin. Lame I know, but there it is.

Hopefully they will have the color pallate to allow us to make 'Star Elves' with Eladrin as well. They're my favorite.

I did not know this, sadly. I'm not a big fan of 4e, and grudgingly went with this game as an exception because 4e really does compliment an MMORPG better than 3.5. Also, *rabid hate 4e rant here*. Seriously, just break the world more. The Time of Troubles and War of the Spider Queen didn't kill enough gods and wreck status quos. Bleh. Anyways, thank you for the heads up.
    Really? Of more race options, you want even more elves right now? I know people have their favorites, but there are three already. (Half, drow and normal)

Yes, yes I do. I'd also advocate for shield dwarves versus gold dwarves and duergar, but then again I'm behind the times and 4e is no doubt trampling on the lore I've held dear for years. But adding moon elves would be as simple as adding a different complexion preset. Some moon elves have outright blue-ish or silver-blue skin. I couldn't duplicate that here.
  • Options
    foxspirit13foxspirit13 Member Posts: 73 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I would like asimaar and genasi as a race, not a big elf-fan really.
  • Options
    darkstorn42darkstorn42 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Eladrin are planned to be put into the game. A good explanation of the difference between the 3 is Elves are born in the world, Eladrin are from the Feywild and Drow are from the shadowfell/underdark depending on the campaign world.
  • Options
    astaziaastazia Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 51
    edited May 2013
    I believe the next race to be added is Dragonborn, followed (or maybe preceded) by Drow. I'm not sure if they have mentioned anything about races after that.
  • Options
    riepahriepah Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    More than enough elves already.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    riepah wrote: »
    More than enough elves already.

Really? So a wood elf, a half elf, and a drow = too much? Like I said, I'd be open to subraces for dwarves too. I get the difference now between Eladrin and common Faerunian elf, that's fine. But some of us aren't content to simply have "Wood elf with white or brown skin" as options for traditional elf, and drow/half elves are different enough as to change the playstyle altogether.
  • Options
    niggturneniggturne Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The races available are good enough, neverwinter needs more classes. Something other than the boring 4.

I'd love to play a monk, or a ranger, or a paladin, or a barbarian. I've never met anyone who liked playing fighters or rogues. Everyone who went for wizard or cleric was doing it because they break the game.
  • Options
    beerxhyperbeerxhyper Member Posts: 696 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    i'm waiting for the draconian races ^_^ and even a dragoon class be cool lol or a tamerlike class/beastmaster be cool

• Options
    premier5premier5 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    More classes AND more races! and more sub-classes! We need ranged ranger, dual weapon ranger, a crossbow rogue, a summoner wizard, a barbarian, a monk, a brawler fighter, psions, eladrin, gnomes, warforged, dragonborn, goliaths, shardminds...
  • Options
    reyvynreyvyn Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    i want to play a gnomish paladin. i rolled one right before i quit playing pnp D&D but never got to play him