test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Framerate Issue - Dxdiag att.

logisitcslogisitcs Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
edited May 2013 in Bug Reports (PC)
http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?179262-This-game-is-unplayable-in-group-content-MASSIVE-frame-rate-issues&p=2505231#post2505231

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?75691-Frame-Rate-in-the-Neverwinter-Town-Hub&p=2494552#post2494552

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?173931-Graphics-performance-is-really-sub-par-and-something-much-be-wrong&p=2494532#post2494532

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?167051-Neverwinter-maintenance-05-01-13&p=2370891#post2370891

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?160591-Help-with-framerate&p=2263381#post2263381

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?157161-Serious-performance-issues-the-Protector-s-Enclave&p=2272801#post2272801

I have been screaming at the top of my lungs for days now. I cannot play group content without a severe hit on framerates. I have tried lowering the settings and it has no effect

i5-3570 3.40GHz
8GB Ram DDR3
Geforce GTX 660 Drivers: 320.00 (the latest beta ones)

I'm tired. I just want to play group content in an mmo. I have given $60, I know that was to give me access to the servers early, but at least (and this is to you CMs or devs) show some good faith, examine the dxdiag, and tell me what the **** is wrong with my system so I can fix it and play this god **** game!
Post edited by logisitcs on

Comments

• Options
    v1ctor2kv1ctor2k Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    First of all you should make sure that there is nothing wrong with your system before you try to trouble shoot any game related issues.

Try running Prime95 and Furmark to stress test both your CPU/RAM as well as your GPU for at least 1-2h to make sure there's nothing wrong with your hardware. It might also be a good idea to monitor your temperatures and vcore by using a tool like CPUID Hardware Monitor.

Next, run a few benchmarks like 3dmark11 and compare your score to other similar machines. Scoring lower than you should? Then maybe there's an issue with your drivers or bios version/settings...

I also suggest you submit a trouble ticket, you never know, maybe it's something rather simple that support can help you with.

Hope this helps...
  • Options
    logisitcslogisitcs Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I finished running Prime95 (1 hour 30 minutes) and everything passed
    Furmark, ran it for an hour and highest temp was 71 degrees
    For 3dmark11 the score was messed up because I am using the newly released beta drivers NVIDIA released (which I downloaded to see if it would help with the problem in the first place. It did not)

I'm clicking Support at the top of the page to create a ticket but I'm getting Redirect loops :/
  • Options
    v1ctor2kv1ctor2k Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    What do you mean by messed up? Was it lower that it should have been? Can you post the link of the result?
  • Options
    iikkajarviiikkajarvi Member Posts: 36
    edited May 2013
    There's an open thread for this in the correct sub-forum. You're not alone. And it's typically not an issue of having the right specs; if nerfing scale and settings does nothing to address the spontaneous FPS drops to what is otherwise 50+ FPS, it's something more than just specs.
    Current Server: Mindflayer
    History Class in the Realms: "Elves did it better first. Also, magic was probably involved somehow and maybe gods. Or godly magic. Now go outside so the orcs and bandits have someone to menace."
  • Options
    edited May 2013
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    there appears to be a problem with your CPU. the graphics score is ok but the physics score is way too low for that processor. try installing CPU-Z and check if the cpu is running at max speed.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    iikkajarvi wrote: »
    There's an open thread for this in the correct sub-forum. You're not alone. And it's typically not an issue of having the right specs; if nerfing scale and settings does nothing to address the spontaneous FPS drops to what is otherwise 50+ FPS, it's something more than just specs.

Do you mean this?
    http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?69201-Feedback-Reporting-Client-Responsiveness-Issues - Feedback Reporting Client Responsiveness?
  • Options
    rezzernlrezzernl Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Are you playing on a laptop? Maybe the problem is Optimus.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    v1ctor2k wrote: »
    there appears to be a problem with your CPU. the graphics score is ok but the physics score is way too low for that processor. try installing CPU-Z and check if the cpu is running at max speed.

K it's downloaded and open. What am I looking for exactly?

EDIT: Attaching the report it makes
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    under the CPU tab you should be seeing the values for core speed, multiplier and bus speed. start the game and keep an eye on core speed and multiplier.

EDIT: Make sure you're running the game in WINDOW mode (not Window maximized) and resize the window because otherwise the game will go to idle mode when you alt-tab out of it.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    The numbers jump between 1600s range to 4000s range
  • Options
    dkfdevildkfdevil Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Almost got the exact same specs (got a bit more ram :P)

Every setting high
    No lag whats so ever (not in pvp or dungeons)

60 FPS
    PW Games currently playing: Neverwinter, Raiderz, Black Light Retribution
    PW Games played: Startrek Online, War of the Immortals, Forsaken World, Battle of the immortals
    PW Games i didnt try: TorchLight 2, JadeDynasty, Rusty Hearths, Ether Saga Odyssey, PW1
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Just saw your edit, after going in Window mode and resizing it to have both of them side by side the numbers dropped to 800 range to 1300 range
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    logisitcs wrote: »
    The numbers jump between 1600s range to 4000s range

make sure you're running the game in window mode (resize the window so you see both the game and CPU-Z) for the purpose of this test. otherwise the game will go to idle mode when you alt-tab out of it.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    v1ctor2k wrote: »
    make sure you're running the game in window mode (resize the window so you see both the game and CPU-Z) for the purpose of this test. otherwise the game will go to idle mode when you alt-tab out of it.

Yep just saw your edit and after going in Window mode and resizing it to have both of them side by side the numbers dropped to 800 range to 1300 range
  • Options
    fonton86fonton86 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I know that this doesn't solve your issue, but I am running a similar system (i5 3570k, GTX 670, 16GB 2400Mhz ram), and my frame rate is fine. I never see a dip. Not in town, not in dungeons. I am also running the newest NVIDIA beta drivers. Might be system related after all.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Just saw your edit, after going in Window mode and resizing it to have both of them side by side the numbers dropped to 800 range to 1300 range

sounds like a throttling issue. I would disable all power saving functions in the BIOS and run another test
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    fonton86 wrote: »
    I know that this doesn't solve your issue, but I am running a similar system (i5 3570k, GTX 670, 16GB 2400Mhz ram), and my frame rate is fine. I never see a dip. Not in town, not in dungeons. I am also running the newest NVIDIA beta drivers. Might be system related after all.

doubtful. i'm running a similar CPU (i52.5k@4.2ghz) and even I have fps drops in certain areas. I'm not talking about unplayable slowdowns but drops from 60 to 40ish especially in Protector's Enclave.
  • Options
    forumname012forumname012 Member Posts: 59
    edited May 2013
    Something similar happened to me today too during a dungeon. It hit other party members at exactly the same time. This indicated to me that it is a software issue. My frame rate is normally very good, but in this instance it dropped to 1fps. After a minute or so, everything returned to normal. I have a quad-core CPU and a GTX 660ti.
  • Options
    mspakissmspakiss Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    just dont play in a 60" inch monitor in 1080p resu hahah !
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Ok I disabled something called Enhanced Intel SpeedStep Technology in the BIOS which according to google is responsible for throttling CPU speeds in order to conserve power and heat. I hope it's safe to leave off

I'm going to test again as soon as I can get back on but there seems to be a problem connecting....
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Ok I disabled something called Enhanced Intel SpeedStep Technology in the BIOS which according to google is responsible for throttling CPU speeds in order to conserve power and heat. I hope it's safe to leave off

I'm going to test again as soon as I can get back on but there seems to be a problem connecting....

yeah servers went down about 30min ago :/ Let me know how it went!
  • Options
    fonton86fonton86 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Doubtful all you want. It is what it is. I see no drops. I'm on a 120hz monitor and I'm always over 60 fps.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    I tested it again and no go, I even tired changing the power management option in control panel
    No improvement on 3dmark either
    I have no clue how to get my cpu speeds up and to get a better score 3dmark :(
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    I figured it out!! Thank you so much v1ctor2k for helping me through this and setting me on the right direction!

The CPU was indeed being throttled, because of high temps! I noticed it when the motherboard utility software I had read that my idle CPU temp was 51C!! After opening up my case, the Heatsink wasn't properly mounted and locked. After fixing it and running 3dmark again I got good scores!

http://www.3dmark.com/3dm11/6510971

Hopefully this'll fix my framerate issue!! Thanks again so much!
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Glad I could help! Enjoy the game :)