test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

TR makes me sad in PvP.

halfmysticshalfmystics Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
edited May 2013 in PvE Discussion
This isn't a QQ thread, basically I'm trying to understand how one actually kills a TR without having 3 people gang up on them.

I've played 15 PvP matches today, I'm a GWF( Which I hear is gimp I guess? ), I'm level 19 and it seems like when I queue for PvP, the team who ends up winning is the team with the most TRs.

The games I've played has shown them to have CC ( That silence move that makes me unable to use skills or attack ) that does a good amount of damage, a skill the makes them completely untargetable which is crazy in a 1v1 or even 1v2 situation, using it when they have no health allowing their team mates to catch up, and stealth?

I don't understand haha, am I doing something wrong? Cause I can NOT kill one, it just seems way over my class's skill level and the only way I can take one down is with the help of 2 other of my team mates ( 1 other if it's a TR. ).

So uh..

Tips? Suggestions? What do?
Post edited by halfmystics on

Comments

• taemekegtaemekeg Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 298 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Wait till you go up against 2 or 3 CW's......just leave is my advice.
  • mconosrepmconosrep Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    My advice is to just roll a TR. No seriously, I have never heard of anyone saying that in PvP their GWF can 1v1 a TR of EQUAL skill. Given this situation, I's suggest that if you want to play PvP choose a TR or CW if you want kills, or a DC or even a GF if you want to be a team player.

As a major benefit you will also have a much easier time leveling as a TR (its too early to say how things will work out at endgame just yet).
  • linthar777linthar777 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Wait until lvl 60, get used to your class, get PvP gear, start talking again :)
    (Yes, I'm a TR) :p
  • dusknoiredusknoire Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    GWF is just garbage in pvp, it isn't the TR. It's just that GWF isn't any good.
  • jnaathrajnaathra Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    What we have here is another game, that is like every other Cryptic game to this day. Nothing is remotely balanced for 1v1. To the poitn of being totally laughable.
    Scout Tragold - "I haven't lived this long by being brave... it's just another word for stupid."
  • desaanukdesaanuk Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    jnaathra wrote: »
    What we have here is another game, that is like every other Cryptic game to this day. Nothing is remotely balanced for 1v1. To the poitn of being totally laughable.

That's why matches are 5v5 and not 1v1. It's a team game for a reason.
  • hemosiderinhemosiderin Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Take a step back and remember what level you are: 19. You've probably only played the game for a day or two. Follow Linthar's advice and just wait... There are dramatic changes around 30-35 and onward.

Give the game and your class a chance.
  • djleberdjleber Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    dusknoire wrote: »
    GWF is just garbage in pvp, it isn't the TR. It's just that GWF isn't any good.

Sure about that? most times in pvp im in the upper ranks (behind TR) or leading. its team based combat, while you may not be able to 1v1 some classes its about capturing points and helping the team do so

If your not in the upper ranks then i say you sir are trash
  • bilbalibilbali Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    desaanuk wrote: »
    That's why matches are 5v5 and not 1v1. It's a team game for a reason.

Ok then... 5 TR vs random. Tr team win.
  • darknight0354darknight0354 Member Posts: 76
    edited May 2013
    bilbali wrote: »
    Ok then... 5 TR vs random. Tr team win.

Pretty obvious you're not max level. Wait until then and talk. Actually even at level 10 one cleric can outheal one TR. Sounds like a serious learn 2 play issue.
  • roninthehoodroninthehood Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 184 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Yes TR does a stupid amount of damage compared to other classes. ALL of them. TR should have 30% more dps but the TR has as of right now about 60-80% more then ALL other classes. GWF needs a small dps buff yes. but the GWF is a viable and fun class. the people that cry that it is garbage are sadly ignorant . people that say it is level based... again Niave and ignorant. Soon GWF should soon get the needed buff. I suggest sticking with it and play more defensive. the GWF can get out of near any combat very easy with their sprint to the heal pot. you do not need to stand and die . Good luck.
  • redhammerrogueredhammerrogue Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Personally, I find the RPG is USA. I mean WTF, OMG on my roflcopter til I lol.
    I say 86 the WDT and RSVP for the CIA. FTW AFK!!!

sup.
  • shaduosshaduos Member Posts: 46
    edited May 2013
    Yes TR does a stupid amount of damage compared to other classes. ALL of them. TR should have 30% more dps but the TR has as of right now about 60-80% more then ALL other classes. GWF needs a small dps buff yes. but the GWF is a viable and fun class. the people that cry that it is garbage are sadly ignorant . people that say it is level based... again Niave and ignorant. Soon GWF should soon get the needed buff. I suggest sticking with it and play more defensive. the GWF can get out of near any combat very easy with their sprint to the heal pot. you do not need to stand and die . Good luck.
    I have to say TRs aren't that bad it is a matter of working with your team, and there is a counter class to every class. CWs can wreck a TR if played right, because I know that 1v1 with a TR I usually force them to run away with an AOE DOT on them and a lot of times they can't run fast enough due to slows. If you have a TR on you and need help bring him in sight of your CW that should solve things.
  • skeletunskeletun Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    shaduos wrote: »
    I have to say TRs aren't that bad it is a matter of working with your team, and there is a counter class to every class. CWs can wreck a TR if played right, because I know that 1v1 with a TR I usually force them to run away with an AOE DOT on them and a lot of times they can't run fast enough due to slows. If you have a TR on you and need help bring him in sight of your CW that should solve things.

Hey!! Wonder if that was you I was fighting this morning in the 39 Bracket. What you described is pretty much what happened. Minus the running part, I try and do as much damage as I can before going down. :mad:

But control Wizards are Nasty! I don't think anyone needs a Nerf. People just need to level up and learn what they are doing. As for Great Weapon Fighters, I think they just need another balnce pass accross their skills. From what people who reached max lvl say they dont come into thier own until mid-late 30's.

Also people should learn how to do this team PvP thing. It's not ready, set, go...PEW! PEW! PEW!!. As a TR, my first priority is to stop clerics from healing (By Distraction or Death, don't matter). Next is either their TR, CW or GWF depending on whichever is disrupting the team the most. After that I go for capture points. Unless I can team up on em, I leave Guardian Fighters alone because they are distractions..If I'm beating on them, then there is a healer somewhere needing a blade in their back. ;)
  • daviaugusto1daviaugusto1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    What makes me sad is people who don't know where to fight.
  • chalupaoffurychalupaoffury Member Posts: 2,617 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    From my (granted, limited) experience? I play a CW, and even if there's a TR on team, invariably I get focus fired the second I start getting really wound up.

I think the difference might be, it's *easier* to do good dps and spike down an adversary with a TR. However, for flat out scary? Every time I've fought another CW that actually knows what he's doing? It's come down to a battle of the titans, where we're quick-drawing to see who can stun-lock who the fastest. I don't even acknowledge the rogue, if the CW knows what he's doing and has a proper setup. Most times, if a rogue's actually in my face? I can cc lock him easily enough for the rest of my team to take care of him, so I can do the work of trying to make sure everyone else is actually capable of motion. And a bad CW? Not even worth paying attention to, a lot of the time, because they're not set up to actually control the battlefield in any meaningful way. At that point? I'm on the cleric. TR gets 3rd billing at best, as long as they're not directly climbing up my leg with a dagger in their teeth.

's not to say they're not dangerous, but good heals, defenses, and lockdowns are what'll win a fight. TRs specifically, in my experience, start to get more dangerous when they're given that freedom to nuke the guy that's locked down. Why? Kills don't matter. Controlling does. That's most definitely the meta of our pvp. Since I'm usually locking down the people trying to do the controlling, it means the rogue can blitz em down, and from there it's easy.

I actually wonder if half of the posts about how op CW and TR are, individually, aren't a result of people doing that exact same thing. Get those 2 coordinating in an arena and it's a bloodbath.

Now, them making me feel like a useless pile of ice cubes and spinny vortexes in pve? That's a whole different ballgame.
    In game, I am @EvilTaco. Happily killing purple gang members since May 2008.
    dbnzfo.png
    RIP Caine
  • ownd1ownd1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Take a step back and remember what level you are: 19. You've probably only played the game for a day or two. Follow Linthar's advice and just wait... There are dramatic changes around 30-35 and onward.

Give the game and your class a chance.

pff no its not,im a lvl 4x CW and TR still make huge amount of dmg to any other class,there is nothing to "Wait",well maybe for a nerf.