test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Question about class powers

foempspeedyfoempspeedy Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 12 Arc User
edited May 2013 in PvE Discussion
I just wonder if those 2 you put on your bar are only those you can have at that moment or any that you learned is always passivly active ..meaning all are benefiting ? Tell me plz..
Post edited by foempspeedy on

Comments

• elyrielleelyrielle Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    "passive active"?

You can (and will) learn more powers than fit on your bar, but you can only have whatever is on your bar up at a time...

You can switch out powers anytime.
  • foempspeedyfoempspeedy Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Doesnt answer my question.. those 2 i put on my bar are those only that work or all i learned ?
  • nyxc9nyxc9 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I have a question kinda related - I am very confused. Are the first 5 skills points auto assiged? or is there a way for me to re-assign them since the start?
  • tfangeltfangel Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Doesnt answer my question.. those 2 i put on my bar are those only that work or all i learned ?

You'll have to be WAY more specific. Are you talking Dailies, at will, encounter or passives? You have to put any power in the bar for it to work, active or passive, but you can do it pretty much anytime you want, as the battles call for. There are times some will be more effective than others, but only what is in your action bar can be used while it's in there. If you have it but not slotted, it has no effect until you do. Hope that helps.
  • tfangeltfangel Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    nyxc9 wrote: »
    I have a question kinda related - I am very confused. Are the first 5 skills points auto assiged? or is there a way for me to re-assign them since the start?

With powers, you're pretty much locked in, but it's not that bad, as you'll need to get to a certain point to get past those anyways. The talent-like skills are all your choice.
    edited May 2013
    tfangel wrote: »
    With powers, you're pretty much locked in, but it's not that bad, as you'll need to get to a certain point to get past those anyways. The talent-like skills are all your choice.

I mean it even chose my daily power and everything. is there really no option to disable the auto assign? it really bothers me. have a little ocd here :(
  • valinsterlingvalinsterling Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I just wonder if those 2 you put on your bar are only those you can have at that moment or any that you learned is always passivly active ..meaning all are benefiting ? Tell me plz..
    I think that you mean the two class skills (the tiny square ones atop one another in the power bar). You only get the benefit of what you slot in the power bar.
    If you open your powers screen that lists all of your powers (encounter, daily, at-will) you can click and drag them to your power bar. Of course, only a daily power can go into a daily slot, etc.
  • uberguberuberguber Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 110 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    They first 5 points are auto assigned. The only way to change them would be to respec I suppose. As for your passives you can only have 2 active. Those are slotted in the small squares on your bar.
    Noli sinere te ab improbis opprimi
    edited May 2013
    I think that you mean the two class skills (the tiny square ones atop one another in the power bar). You only get the benefit of what you slot in the power bar.

If you open your powers screen that lists all of your powers (encounter, daily, at-will) you can click and drag them to your power bar. Of course, only a daily power can go into a daily slot, etc.

I mean not to have any single points in powers I dont want to max. The game automatically assiged the fist five. What the hell D: why would they take away the choice?
    uberguber wrote: »
    They first 5 points are auto assigned. The only way to change them would be to respec I suppose. As for your passives you can only have 2 active. Those are slotted in the small squares on your bar.

this is lame, dont you agree? I mean those first 5 . . . anyway . . . are they crutial to the game? if I ignore those powers can have others selected? can I have other 2 daily powers other than the one assiged to me?
  • valinsterlingvalinsterling Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Okay, I get you now. Well, they're your starter skills and being able to select higher level skills that give you more options/effects wouldn't suit the purpose of starting you off with the basics. If you're saying that you'd forgo having an at-will, encounter, or daily at all to save points for something higher, I don't know what to tell you other than that's not the way that the devs made the game.

So, yeah, you're stuck with those first few, but as you move up in the skill ranks, the more variety you have to choose from and put your points into. Look at those first few more as assigned powers than a skill point gone, since that's really what they are.
  • foempspeedyfoempspeedy Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    thx for reply, got my answer and thx to ninja my topic for your question !
  • elyrielleelyrielle Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013

If you purchase a respec you can reassign them.
  • cichardcichard Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    after like level 6 you can start to put in your own points.