test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

WTF Dungeon loot

pwgupwgu Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Are dungeons completely broken or do they just drop trickster rogue gear every time? i mean i have done both of the available dungeons up to lvl 26 multiple times and each time they drop the same **** trickster rogue items. what is the point of dungeoning if you're not a trickster rogue? just to get marks? that means that every other class is just supporting trickster rogues when they go down into a dungeon.

really disappointed.
Post edited by pwgu on

Comments

• kimmurieloblodrakimmurieloblodra Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    pwgu wrote: »
    Are dungeons completely broken or do they just drop trickster rogue gear every time? i mean i have done both of the available dungeons up to lvl 26 multiple times and each time they drop the same **** trickster rogue items. what is the point of dungeoning if you're not a trickster rogue? just to get marks? that means that every other class is just supporting trickster rogues when they go down into a dungeon.

really disappointed.

Population is like ~70% TR. so when you queue for a dungeon, and you get three TRs a DC and a GF, it most likely affects the RNG to drop more TR gear.
  • pwgupwgu Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    except that i've dropped without a single trickster rogue in group and still the same items drop. I'm talking about see the same items multiple times without any deviation. as in 10:10 ten times i saw the ****ing shadow blades drop in the crypt. it seems like each boss drops only one item. and those items so far have been all trickster rogue items.

so again what is the point of running a dungeon if you're not a trickster rogue?
  • aetherchargeaethercharge Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 359 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Yeah something seems really broken right now. I've even heard rogues saying too much rogue loot drops.
  • beaghan1beaghan1 Member Posts: 404 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    bad luck for you, level and do more dungeons. I'm a TR and I see mostly CW and GWF stuff..
  • jetahjetah Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It isnt any better in the Elite Dungeons. All of my gear was obtained via Seals. Not one was dropped.
    Open the Launcher. Click Options near the top. Check Disable on-demand patching. This will download another couple of gigs.

Ability Scores || All Attribute Roll Combinations || My Cleric Stream \o/
  • sasheriasasheria Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I have been getting a lot of Guardian loot. I'm a cleric
    To grow old is inevitable, to grow up is optional.
    Please review my campaign and I'll return the favor.
  • aetherchargeaethercharge Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 359 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    It seems most broken regarding purple drops in epic dungeons.
  • ekoviekovi Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    actually I also noticed this. I have started to do dungs today, so I thought it was just bad luck, but in 1 run I had dropped around 4 rares and every one of them for Trickster (1 in party).
    edited May 2013
    Just to clarify I'm not talking about the green loot off random mobs, that seems to be random just exactly the way it supposed to be. I'm talking about boss loot, they always and i do mean always drop the same item for my parties. so.. if you're not a trickster rogue it seems their is no reason to help kill a boss because you get no reward except for marks.

which sucks and is broken
  • rabbinicusrabbinicus Member Posts: 1,822 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Please party with my TR. In my last ten dungeons or so I have found blue and green loot for every class except for TR. :)

But yes, I think that loot mechanic is skewed in some way.
    The right to command is earned through duty, the privilege of rank is service.

• evilizedsixevilizedsix Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Funny finding this thread today. I started running dungeons last night and did crypts 3-4 times in a row and every single drop each time was the same 3 tr items... this is pretty **** dissaponting to know I might not have just had terrible luck like I assumed.

Edit: this was clock tower or whatever I did not crypts
  • caloriencalorien Member Posts: 177 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The RNG just hates you.
    The PWI info-fox formerly known as Mayfly - Dreamweaver
  • doctormonkeedoctormonkee Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    RNG is rigged thread
  • cnynridr2cnynridr2 Member Posts: 104 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    OP: Roll a Trickster Rogue until they fix it!!! :)
  • rhazes1rhazes1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 89
    edited May 2013
    Ran the level 16 dungeon Clock tower 20 times since this week and 2 betas weekends same loot every single time. I've yet to loot anything equipable off them for my guardian. I just figured dungeon loot was another thing they spent half a day on like armor appearance diversity and said its good enough.
    I spend all day reading every thread and letting people know this is BETA.
  • gadzewksgadzewks Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Did cloak tower twice, no rogue in the group both times. Only rogue loot dropped from bosses.

The thing about a random system is that this type of thing CAN happen. Its not very likely for it to happen, but it can. The more it happens though, the more likely that it is actually broken.
  • astaziaastazia Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 51
    edited May 2013
    Actually noticed this myself. At first I thought it was just rogues needing on everything like they often do in most games, before then I was never looking at any gear with a red icon I just hit greed. I started looking at the items and realized they really were all for rogues. Even ran Cloak Tower solo a few times, still got rogue items. Good news is my rogue is now geared out head to toe in blue dungeon gear after never having stepped foot in one.
    edited May 2013
    good to know. hope they fix or wise up to this. i can bet you by the end of the week you'll just group in dungeons with 4 other poeple all of the same class.
  • guktergukter Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I've noticed this also, being a 35 GWF. I've seen from the dungeons I've done (all atleast 5 times) mostly TR loot. The one time a GWF item dropped, a TR did roll on it and won it. The irony is not lost on me.
    edited May 2013
    gukter wrote: »
    I've noticed this also, being a 35 GWF. I've seen from the dungeons I've done (all atleast 5 times) mostly TR loot. The one time a GWF item dropped, a TR did roll on it and won it. The irony is not lost on me.

ya, but did you rerun the dungeon to see if that boss dropped the same item again? i think bosses drop just one item all the time. the problem is is that they don't service all the different classes but dungeons seemed to be geared to helping TRs get gear only.