test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Maybe they need to nerf the gWF a little more......sarcasm

daradaldaradal Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Ok so I played the GWF in BW3 and I felt it was pretty decent. A little low on the damage yes, but playable. when Im playing with a Rogue of the same level and hes criting for 1k damage and Im here criting for 50 its annoying. I stuck it out and by the time I got to 20 it wasn't too bad. Still wasn't doing the damage I thought a dude wielding a giant two handed sword should be doing but still ok. Also I went though a fair bit of potions. I could solo decently and it was ok..not great but ok.

Fast forward to open beta and i'd heard all the things about them nerfing the GWF. I start playing and wow, good on them for giving it a faster strike at the beginning, but the damage. Im to level 10 and I'm useless, I can't kill anything fast and AOE? Sure I have the spinning strike but it doesn't do anymore damage than the regular strike that doesn't have to charge up. Also the not so fast does hardly any damage to a group and doesn't seem to slow anything down, at least not noticeably.

I have trouble taking down mid levels alone, Orc Taskmasters, Hexers, you know anything with a few minions around it and the bigger life bar. Also wow if I accidentally pull more than one mob. Basically I go though potions like candy and I've even been killed by them.

In BW3 I could easily solo these areas.

Please rethink what you did the the GWF and at minimum give it back the damage it used to do, or better yet buff it a bit past that. Its pretty weak right now and very frustrating to play.
Post edited by daradal on

Comments

• mconosrepmconosrep Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    But GWFs can still take down TR in PvP (at 3:1 or better odds since at 2:1 the TR has the DPS to kill one then run away), so GWF are still viable, honest. In fact I am a bit surprised that Cryptic isn't considering nerfing GWF as they can still kill PvE mobs (eventually).......
  • mmoplaya1971mmoplaya1971 Member Posts: 158 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I have a feeling it will be tuned up a bit. It is very painful to play and TBH some of the AOE skill are so weak they aren't even preferable to a regular strike for packs of mobs. GFW is a blast to play though. I am going to stick with it and hope for a change. There has been so much talk about how weak they are that I am hoping the devs will at least look into it.
  • mmoplaya1971mmoplaya1971 Member Posts: 158 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    mconosrep wrote: »
    But GWFs can still take down TR in PvP (at 3:1 or better odds since at 2:1 the TR has the DPS to kill one then run away), so GWF are still viable, honest. In fact I am a bit surprised that Cryptic isn't considering nerfing GWF as they can still kill PvE mobs (eventually).......

NM!!! I misread...
  • infi321infi321 Member Posts: 311 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Ive got a 40 GWF and a 26 Trickster and your armor and aoe as GWF I dont have as Trickster.
    "Your story may not last forever; but it will exist forever"
  • beaghan1beaghan1 Member Posts: 404 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I play a TR and I'll give the GWF some props, at high level they start being worth all the hard lower levels. I've played with you few that rocked pretty good.
  • labbblabbb Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I like mine . Shure 1 vs 1 boss fights are tough but doable . Where they shine is in the " OMG I got a triple spawn " moments . The more you fight at once the more your unstoppable recharges . The only time I hold still is when I'm hitting tab . Stick and move . With the area attacks you just got to be next to your target not faceing . just run around . I have never bought a potion , find more then enough . I prefer life steal gear and my second choice is regeneration for between fights .
  • omirasomiras Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I played a GWF, right before I got to where I got a companion the game was getting rather fun because of the extreme challenge it is for a GWF to stay alive solo. Now that I have a healer the game is piece-of-cake. I would prefer if they made this game more difficult in just about every way. Require more thought, better handling of aggro, timing of effects. With a healer a GWF can literally just stand in one place and hold down the left mouse button.
  • atompenguinatompenguin Member Posts: 93 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I like my GWF too, but I'm torn. They have less survivability than GWF and Rogue, but also less damage than Rogue, which doesn't seem right.

They could use a little nudge in damage, honestly. Maybe return some of the damage that got shaved off during BW4.
    -Campaign: Spells and Coin
    --Part 1: Spells and Coin (NW-DHM3XQVQK)
    --Part 2: A Blind Eye (NW-DI3QTHZGJ)
    --Part 3: Dodo's Dinner (NW-DHPA8O253)

-One Shots
    --The Wizard of Eldeur (NW-DRKQNE4S7)
  • rethophisrethophis Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 71
    edited May 2013
    I have a level 30 GWF, to be honest I feel like trolled by the class design: so far my GF friend does more DPS than me (by little margin) in dungeons and skyrmishes.
    Known as Zerkul on DDO forums I]Ryumajin, Zavarthak, Leohands of Cannith[/I, look for me on YouTube.
  • knightfalzknightfalz Member Posts: 1,261 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    As omiras says, a GWF with a healer is a formidable force due to survivability, especially if you build around having a powerful Restoring Strike. I played a GWF in closed beta 3 and 4, and it really wasn't all that hard to level. It was more challenging than other classes, but not anywhere near impossible, and I don't have the best action game skills.

I don't care if they add more damage to the GWF or not. They aren't really a damage focused class in my view, it is just one of elements of their package of tools. Heh, I won't complain if they add more damage without taking anything else away.
  • mconosrepmconosrep Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    knightfalz wrote: »
    As omiras says, a GWF with a healer is a formidable force due to survivability, especially if you build around having a powerful Restoring Strike.

Misread ;)
  • daradaldaradal Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I have a feeling it will be tuned up a bit. It is very painful to play and TBH some of the AOE skill are so weak they aren't even preferable to a regular strike for packs of mobs. GFW is a blast to play though. I am going to stick with it and hope for a change. There has been so much talk about how weak they are that I am hoping the devs will at least look into it.

I'm hoping because Ive seen it complained about a lot, even before the opened beta. Then again it was complained about before and instead of buffing it they nerfed it, so who knows. I do like it but its frustrating right now. I also agree, people excuse the lack of damage because they says its an AOE damage dealer, but if it is then why don't the AOE skill do any more damage.
    knightfalz wrote: »

I don't care if they add more damage to the GWF or not. They aren't really a damage focused class in my view, it is just one of elements of their package of tools. Heh, I won't complain if they add more damage without taking anything else away.

But thats exactly what they're saying the GWF is...a damage dealer....and it doesn't do enough....at least not early on.....

Right now it doesn't seem to do anything particularly better than any other class....and if it does I haven't figured it out yet....
  • solkyoshirosolkyoshiro Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I don't know what you guys are complaining about. I wreck stuff with my GWF, far faster than my GF. And if a GF is outdpsing you in a skirmish/dungeon then you are seriously, seriously doing something wrong. Get your gear right, make sure your stacking the correct stats and profit.
  • daradaldaradal Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I don't know what you guys are complaining about. I wreck stuff with my GWF, far faster than my GF. And if a GF is outdpsing you in a skirmish/dungeon then you are seriously, seriously doing something wrong. Get your gear right, make sure your stacking the correct stats and profit.

What stats should I be stacking? I haven't gotten much of anything very good yet aside from a couple things.
  • tshark66tshark66 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    GWF = Gimp Weapon Fighter
    League of Monster Slayers - Mindflayer
  • astaziaastazia Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 51
    edited May 2013
    I actually think GWFs are fine, I just think every other class needs some massive nerfs. GWF actually has to pay attention a little in combat, and they get a chance to use a lot of their skills effectively, it's pretty fun. Every other class just steamrolls through the game on cruise control, obliterating everything in their path with no risk and often no need to even use encounter powers or class skills, and when they do it's just overkill as everything around them dies to one button press.