test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Unlock Door Rotation

katbratkatbrat Member Posts: 6 Arc User
edited May 2013 in The Foundry
I have been trying to figure out how to use the unlock door component for a few days now.

I have the quest objective listed on the story board as shown.

ScreenHunter_48May021206_zps3398d826.jpg

Then I linked the component to a small wooden door

ScreenHunter_49May021212_zpsc3ab3ff9.jpg

But the door shows up completely off the wall area and I can't figure out how to rotate it. There other doors I select from the DETAILS options are rotatable, but any component I link to the UNLOCK DOOR objective does not have a rotate option.

GameClient2013-05-0212-19-00-86_zps749a84b3.png

Maybe I am doing this wrong. Any assistance would be highly appreciated! Thank you!
Post edited by katbrat on

Comments

• zovyazovya Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I had this problem also. I think right now you can only use the pre-made door generated between rooms. I may be wrong though, but I know those work.
  • drakedge2drakedge2 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    when you click on the door, there might be an option to rotate it in numerical values? I would have to play with this and see.
    8IxArUQf.jpg
    A story driven quest, with a fun and challenging amount of combat, that takes you into the world of Planescape, carefully hand crafted by me.
  • johnnyallenjohnnyallen Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Correct, the only doors that will open are ones that are created when adding two rooms together. I have not been able to make a door open when adding it to a pre built map. just double click the green conjoined area and select a door on the drop down list.

Also, I noticed in your images, that you have a failure text but no required item. I'm sure you may already know.. but to require a locked door to be unlock by an item, you need to add the item to required, after you have created the item of course..

I hope this helps.
  • kamaliiciouskamaliicious Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Also, locked doors is currently bugged (at least it was at the start of open beta), and you can sometimes use doors that are supposed to be locked. This happened in one of my quests, someone reported it to me and I confirmed it.
  • katbratkatbrat Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Thanks for the help all. I will continue to work on this is see what happens.
  • fuglnfugln Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 82
    edited May 2013
    I have the same problems. It actually did work some days ago, and suddently the door stays locked. So I guess its bugged atm.
    Little Red Cap and the Bad Wolf
    ID: NW-DC42XFJ5B
    Author: @Fugln
    Quest
    Tag: #Combat, #story, #GROUP

NWS-DA213JHNY - The Shadows of the Sword Coast
    NW-DE6UU7ZQA - Chapter One - A Fool's Errand.
    Author: @Fugln
    Tag: #Story #Solo #Group #Humor.