test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

I heard this game will be available under the name...

aurwangraurwangr Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
NeverOnline by tomorrow?
Post edited by aurwangr on

Comments

• bellaralodunbellaralodun Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    LOL, its ok. I think I can wait a little :D Go to reddit...
  • labbblabbb Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    funny ... but not true .
  • narathkornarathkor Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    OMG game down 2 hours what am I going to do.... seriously you guys act like you are on crack, try a nap, or a walk. Maybe a shower.
    Please check out my foundry quests!
    The Sins of the Father NW-DLN6BC8NX
    A Name For Yourself NW-DRBWMCFL4
    Click Here To Visit The Official Thread
  • infi321infi321 Member Posts: 311 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Neverplay, NeverOnline, Play2Winter, gotta catch em all...
    "Your story may not last forever; but it will exist forever"
  • nevzatxxnevzatxx Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    NeveracknowledgeTheEuPlayerbase

sums it up, bull**** company - sorry .

They do not DESERVE my cash if they aren't going to provide us a first class service
  • pinchyskriipinchyskrii Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Another american based MMO company that treats everyone outside the US as second rate customers?
  • laere89laere89 Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    nevzatxx wrote: »
    NeveracknowledgeTheEuPlayerbase

sums it up, bull**** company - sorry .

They do not DESERVE my cash if they aren't going to provide us a first class service

Translates: I'm a self-entitled brat that deserves everything and if a company has to do 2 hours of maintenance then they're complete ****ing trash.

So basically you don't like MMO's?
  • doowie1982doowie1982 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 284 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    laere89 wrote: »
    Translates: I'm a self-entitled brat that deserves everything and if a company has to do 2 hours of maintenance then they're complete ****ing trash.

This in a nutshell.
    60 Dwarf Devoted Cleric
    60 Drow Trickster Rogue
    11 Elf Control Wizard

Server:
    Beholder
    Guild:
    Praetor Lupus
    Guild Website: http://www.PraetorLupus.com

Hero of the North & Guardian of Neverwinter Founder.
  • deadcaterpillardeadcaterpillar Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Well us poor souls playing from EU have been getting ****ed over by every patch/hotfix/maintenance so far, and the game haven't even been out for a week.
    What if this continues, and we get ****ed over by EVERY SINGLE PATCH ever implemented into the game.
    That's not exactly fun for us.
    And we're a pretty big part of the playerbase, I think it's time to show us a little love.
  • hkiewahkiewa Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 379 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Well us poor souls playing from EU have been getting ****ed over by every patch/hotfix/maintenance so far, and the game haven't even been out for a week.
    What if this continues, and we get ****ed over by EVERY SINGLE PATCH ever implemented into the game.
    And we're a pretty big part of the playerbase, I think it's time to show us a little love.

I'm sure American players would moan if an EU company had patch times that interfered with their playing time. It's simply business, and it hasn't changed and it will not change. Once you understand that, you can move to acceptance.
  • vikoonvikoon Member Posts: 165 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Complaining about a game company <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> you over and the game has been out a week. Quite the distorted viewpoint. You expect a company based on a different time zone on the other side of the world to cater to you? Good Luck with that.
  • deadcaterpillardeadcaterpillar Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I still think they should switch, from time to time.
    It's not gonna be fun during big and hour long patches.
  • uoi1000xuoi1000x Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    QQ people doing maintainence that actually inconveniences everyone, yet EU players think they have it bad.
  • wakerglasswakerglass Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 56
    edited May 2013
    i'm loving the game so far, but this is the one gripe that holds water. kinda sucks that the eu players are getting the bottom shelf for the time being. especially since it's kind of standard practice for western mmo devs...
  • swiffers89swiffers89 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    What people continue to fail to see is that the game is not 'out' yet, it's open beta. If you decide to play during the beta you know you will run into certain problems and possible downtime. As for the patches, they are neccecary to make the game work properly for the real release. I'm a EU player and caterpillar, I suggest you go find something else to do in those horrible horrible downtimes of a game that's not completely ready for play yet.
  • elkysiumelkysium Member Posts: 161 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'm an American and I have to stick up for the Europeans... It's not just this game, it's all of their games. I feel the aggrivation for the Europeans because they always do the maint in their prime times. This is not just an American game...
    Dragon Shard:
    Dorlin: Level 65 GF/2nd Account: Calias/62
    Elkysium: Level 65 CW/2nd Account: Krystalyn/62
    Artemis: Level 65 TR/2nd Account: Fayne/62
    Zantoth: Level 65 DC/2nd Account: Nemea/62
    Kryndar: Level 65 HR/2nd Account: Lilith/62
    Goreb: Level 65 GWF/2nd Account: Tysha/62
    Bamidor: Level 65 OP/2nd Account: Valindra/62
  • clurdgeclurdge Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 153 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Another american based MMO company that treats everyone outside the US as second rate customers?

I have an idea... dont play them then. It makes sense to patch early morning us time. It is when everyone is in office and has low impact to the largest segment of playerbase.
  • clurdgeclurdge Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 153 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    elkysium wrote: »
    I'm an American and I have to stick up for the Europeans... It's not just this game, it's all of their games. I feel the aggrivation for the Europeans because they always do the maint in their prime times. This is not just an American game...

No but it is a game based in America and to ignore that reality is foolish.
  • elkysiumelkysium Member Posts: 161 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yeah their US office....

Get your facts straight...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Perfect_World_(company)
    Dragon Shard:
    Dorlin: Level 65 GF/2nd Account: Calias/62
    Elkysium: Level 65 CW/2nd Account: Krystalyn/62
    Artemis: Level 65 TR/2nd Account: Fayne/62
    Zantoth: Level 65 DC/2nd Account: Nemea/62
    Kryndar: Level 65 HR/2nd Account: Lilith/62
    Goreb: Level 65 GWF/2nd Account: Tysha/62
    Bamidor: Level 65 OP/2nd Account: Valindra/62
    edited May 2013
    Yeah their US office....

I never said it was a US parent company I said it was a US based game.
  • horrorscope666horrorscope666 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 415 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013

I hope so anyway.
  • faolin25faolin25 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013

We Americans know there really isn't money to be had from the EU anyways, with all those countries going bankrupt. It will never happen here in the US, we can just keep printing money! And if that doesn't work, throw all the 1%ers in jail and seize their money!
    So we will continue to make sure the servers go down just as your getting home from work! If you don't like it, move to Mexico, cross the Rio, and go stand outside home depot every morning waiting for work instead of waiting for the servers to come back up.

(disclaimer, this post is 100% satire - I love the EU!)
    I stopped playing NW due to the fact that the game is considered "Live" - yet I can't even move when I login.
  • holt3holt3 Member Posts: 333 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    laere89 wrote: »

Ah, thankyou. I was trying to think of what to say here, and you said it for me.

It's ok though, we have self entitled little ****s here in the United States. But they're our little ****s, and we have to listen to them ***** and complain. We don't need to hear European brats complaining and whining.

My advice to all you little brats out there complaining about a 2 hours maintenance on a game that has been in Open Beta for 2 days:

Go find something constructive to do with your life while the servers are being maintenanced. You're obviously not working. Do the dishes, do the laundry, walk the dog, do some push-ups, clean your vehicle, mow the lawn, windex your windows, squeeze one off, pay attention to your GF, wife or kids.

Don't get on these forums and spew a bunch of bull**** that first off:

-Isn't true.

Second:

-makes you sound like an obnoxious little brat, that people will lose any respect for you.

The game developers are based in California, so the game is worked on California Time. Suck it up and act like a self respected human being.
  • matzeramatzera Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    clurdge wrote: »
    I never said it was a US parent company I said it was a US based game.

Cryptic developed and manages the game. Perfect World is simply the publisher.
    AMD FX 8350 4.0 Mhz OC@ 4.8 Mhz
    ASUS M5A99X Evo
    EVGA GTX 680
    Gskill Ripjaw 8GB(2x4gb) DDR3 1600 @ 2133
    Corsair Hydro 110 Liquid Cooling
    Cyborg RAT 7
    Steelseries Merc Stealth (WTB Steelseries Apex! Sell it to me SS!)
    Steelseries Siberia V2 Headset (Orange)
    Razer Goliathas Omega Control Mousepad
  • rapticorrapticor Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,078 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yeah their US office....

Does Perfect World develop and implement the patches? I'm going to guess not. Therefore the link you should probably be posting is http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cryptic_Studios
  • delgatto42delgatto42 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 135 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Anyone ever think they might be doing maintenance when they are actually working? As in, in the office? They work in the US, and thus prolly 9-5 joes. Assuming that, they will be doing their work at the beginning of their shift in-case something goes wrong, it'll be solved before people start getting paid overtime. I mean that would be logical. Not pissing money away to do a patch minutes before you let your devs go home.

If I played in some other country, I would expect their people to to go maintenance during office hours unless an emergency came up. As there has yet to be a good game to catch my interest to come out of the EU, I can totally see why they all play here, and I would not have dealt with standard maintenance during the evening yet.
    When he gets to Heaven To Saint Peter he will say, "Hand me 4d6. Lets roll the dice and play!"
  • meithrasmeithras Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    delgatto42 wrote: »
    Anyone ever think they might be doing maintenance when they are actually working? As in, in the office? They work in the US, and thus prolly 9-5 joes. Assuming that, they will be doing their work at the beginning of their shift in-case something goes wrong, it'll be solved before people start getting paid overtime. I mean that would be logical. Not pissing money away to do a patch minutes before you let your devs go home.

If I played in some other country, I would expect their people to to go maintenance during office hours unless an emergency came up. As there has yet to be a good game to catch my interest to come out of the EU, I can totally see why they all play here, and I would not have dealt with standard maintenance during the evening yet.

This. The Secret World is an excellent alternate example - all patches, events, etc. are targeted around normal office hours for Oslo. Kinda sucked for those of us in the Pacific timezone, for example, but it made perfect sense.
  • elessymelessym Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    delgatto42 wrote: »

This is pretty much it. Except software developers are rarely 9-5 and don't get paid overtime. It's just smart to do the patch at the beginning of the work day because if there are problems everyone's mind is fresh (or at least freshly caffeinated.)
    "Participation in PVP-related activities is so low on an hourly, daily, weekly, and monthly basis that we could in fact just completely take it out of STO and it would not impact the overall number of people [who] log in to the game and play in any significant way." -Gozer, Cryptic PvP Dev