test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Are the servers merging?

deffydeffy Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
I have heard that upon open beta all 3 servers are going to be combined, i am wondering if this is true and when can we be expecting this?
Control Wizard = Defqon
Post edited by deffy on

Comments

• Options
    snooseysnoosey Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yes, and whenever they feel comfortable with it
  • Options
    xen1912xen1912 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 309 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    in the extended faq thread, there is a section for shards. it has been comfirmed to happen but no date.

• Options
    soulwarrior78soulwarrior78 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 541 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This is from their Extended FAQ:
    Why will Neverwinter have multiple shards when Cryptic's other games run on a single shard?

We believe that having all players in a single game world provides for the best user experience because it allows players to play, interact and trade with others without having to worry about which shard they are on. Launching a new online game is an exciting time, where new hardware and new software meet a large user population for the first time. Hence, we have decided to launch Neverwinter with three shards, to reduce the risk of players having a negative experience due to servers overloading. Our goal is to continue to optimize our software and hardware so that we can merge the three shards into a single seamless game world soon after launch, and we have built our multi-shard technology with this in mind. For example, we are requiring guild names to be unique across all shards, so that when we do merge the shards nobody will have to change their guild name due to a naming conflict.
  • Options
    sparhawksparhawk Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yes, they will be merged eventually. No official time line for this that I've seen yet though.
  • Options
    deffydeffy Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Thanks alot for clearing this up!
    Control Wizard = Defqon
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    and how do i get the guardian title :)
    Control Wizard = Defqon
  • Options
    donkenojidonkenoji Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Merging of the servers would be epic!
  • Options
    bellaralodunbellaralodun Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I am actually happy this is going to be a one shard game. I will never have the issue of worrying about my server's population ever being too low, and not able to find a active guild... or dungeon runs. I am excited for the merger, and I cannot wait for it to happen.
  • Options
    damnkilljoydamnkilljoy Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Does that only count for guild names or all names? I was majorly glad to grab the name I truly wanted and went ahead and purchased the founders pack to make a drow with that name. I'd pop a blood vessel if in the future I would be loosing that name =/
  • Options
    xen1912xen1912 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 309 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Does that only count for guild names or all names? I was majorly glad to grab the name I truly wanted and went ahead and purchased the founders pack to make a drow with that name. I'd pop a blood vessel if in the future I would be loosing that name =/

Names don't really matter because its a name and the account handle. names aren't unique except with your own account. people can use your name if they chose and you can use theirs.

• Options
    cowcowoinkcowcowoink Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Great.. Next there will be a guild for only the Drizzt's to join. -.-
  • Options
    jonddnjonddn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 154 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    "Spot a Drizzt win a fluffy animal prize!" Now that would be a funny contest... everyone's a winner
    "Kobold smells all! Kobold Omnisniffient!" - Tuga? North Trail Wants You! - North! Always!
  • Options
    shadowmokashadowmoka Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013

I don't mean to spoil it for you, but you can have any name you want basically, even if someone else has it. Your IGNs are all linked to your unique global name in PW games.
  • Options
    lisau1974lisau1974 Member Posts: 100
    edited May 2013
    cowcowoink wrote: »
    Great.. Next there will be a guild for only the Drizzt's to join. -.-

Lol. That would actually be pretty funny.