test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Pay for social aspects.... Really!? (Guilds)

daxtax86daxtax86 Member Posts: 141 Bounty Hunter
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
To start things off let me just say that the OBT has been really great so far and I'm enjoying the game a lot.

I feel like the whole AD-Zen concept is cool, I don't feel like the game is P2W in any way and overall I'm very happy with what we've seen so far.

Now my only major problem so far was when me and a few friends decided to create our own guild. So we heard everyone had to be lvl 15 (thats cool, makes sense since the game is F2P), we got to lvl 15, visisted the guild-guy only to get the ERROR message saying something along the lines of: "All members must be lvl 15+ AND have purchased Zen via the store" .......... WHAT !? Are you kidding me.... So in order to take advantage of a standard social aspect of any MMO, being a guild, we have to actually pay for it???? This completely threw me off guard I cannot understand the reasoning behind this and I sincerely hope you'll concider changing it. Even if the actual GM of the newly created guild had to purchase Zen I'd still say it was a flaw in the game model but wanting to have all 5 of us initial creators purchase Zen is just absolutely ludacris :mad:

Am I the only one who feels like this makes no sense whatsoever.. ? :(

I'd appriciate it a lot if a forum moderator / GM would either respond in the thread / PM me with some sort of reasoning behind this. Thanks in advance.
GM aka "Mafia Boss" of <Midget Mafia> Danish guild @ Beholder.

Main: "Daxt", Trickster Rogue @ Beholder.
Alt: "Daxt-Two", Great Weapon Fighter @ Beholder

Tune in @ http://da.twitch.tv/daxt86
Post edited by daxtax86 on

Comments

• Options
    emaloreemalore Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 95
    edited May 2013
    I had thought it was all 5 members had to be in the same location, same instance of the city and all be level 15 OR have purchased Zen. Having to meet all of those requirements AND have all purchased Zen is just ridiculous.
  • Options
    hipsteryolohipsteryolo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hmm, I created my own guild - and all members only had to be 15+, we never bought Zen.. So that does sound like a bug :p
  • Options
    xen1912xen1912 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 309 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    the rules are level 15 or be a founder.. zen as a requirement has never been the case in the past.

• Options
    triggermentriggermen Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    If this is truth then am done with the game. Buy Zen to make guild is to much for me.
  • Options
    dezmerdezmer Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It's not true, I am a filthy freeloader and helped create a guild, just have the founder OR lvl 15 requirement.
  • Options
    elenoe8elenoe8 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    triggermen wrote: »
    If this is truth then am done with the game. Buy Zen to make guild is to much for me.
    I'll ignore that you do not read before making statement... but how many guilds you usually create per MMO that THIS would be game-breaking condition? :)
  • Options
    daxtax86daxtax86 Member Posts: 141 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    If I'm infact mistaken here I apologize, will have to test it again tonight, once my buddies are home. I am pretty confident we were all lvl 15 or above though but hey, I'd be happy if it turns out I was wrong, thanks for the replies guys :)
    GM aka "Mafia Boss" of <Midget Mafia> Danish guild @ Beholder.

Main: "Daxt", Trickster Rogue @ Beholder.
    Alt: "Daxt-Two", Great Weapon Fighter @ Beholder

Tune in @ http://da.twitch.tv/daxt86
  • Options
    klaw10klaw10 Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It is true for f2p games in general that you must have paid money before you can form a guild. Freebies are allowed to join guilds but never form them. Makes perfect sense to me as guilds take up hardware resources.
    Sig_zpse9729709.png