test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Unique Monsters or attackable NPCS?

mundanedannymundanedanny Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 12 Arc User
edited May 2013 in The Foundry
Good evening all!

I've been looking around a lot on the forums and the web. I see ALOT of tutorials but many of them showing things I've already figured out or seen myself. I know what I WANT to do, but in this case I don't know how to go about it. Hard to watch 45 minute tutorials and skim through trying to find what I'm looking for.

ANYWHO. . . is there away to make unique bosses or attackable NPCs?? Here is an instance. . . Giant Fire Golem starts a quest via a question. Said fire golem doesn't like your response, gets mad, and then starts to attack you.

There are SO many wonderful NPCs I'd love to use as protagonists but I cant for the life of me figure out who to make them aggressive. Their behaviors dont allow it, atleast not in the options I've seen.

So as of now I only can plop down encounter mobs, usually anywhere between 2-4 in the encounter. Pain in the butt if im just looking for ONE elite jerk.

Any helps or tips would be greatly appreciated.
(Side note, i know how to change the outfits, names ETC on both NPCs and encounter mobs. That isn't what i meant by unique) :}
Post edited by mundanedanny on

Comments

• tilt42tilt42 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    You can't make bosses yet, at least not in the way you see them in the main game. As for your other question, that is simple enough. When you want the NPC to attack the player, simply make the NPC invisible and turn an enemy encounter in the same spot, with the same costume, visible. That's how the rest of us do it. :)
  • mundanedannymundanedanny Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Are there encounters with just one HARD mob? I was trying to do that, but there are SO many cool looking non-combatant NPCs that i haven't found their likeness in encounter mobs.

Thanks btw :)
  • tilt42tilt42 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yes, there are such encounters. One example is an encounter with a lone ogre. Check this thread for more details.