test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Really Annoying Bug

chivashchivash Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 30
edited May 2013 in The Foundry
I just started an indoor custom map and made a dungeon layout. Everything was fine, set a few doors and auto populated some of the rooms. As i started setting up encounters, i would lose my mouse and everything freezes. I reset my mouse, USB and no go. Tab out of the game and my mouse works fine on other applications. Force closed the game and restart. Then it happened again after setting a few more encounters, then a third time.

Do not know if this has been reported or if I am the only one experiencing this problem. I created a previous outdoor map with no issues at all prior to this map.
Post edited by chivash on

Comments

• Options
    drakedge2drakedge2 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Press control + S it will save the quest and free your mouse up. If you push your map closer to the edge of your screen where you can drag the assets more directly into the room, it freezes less. Not completely gets rid of the bug, but less. Still though control + s, or alt+f4 will fix it.

The Alt+f4 isn't a troll joke. It will warn you that you are about to exit the foundry, and you should save the progress, or lose it and continue on. It will free your mouse up.
    8IxArUQf.jpg
    A story driven quest, with a fun and challenging amount of combat, that takes you into the world of Planescape, carefully hand crafted by me.
  • Options
    ladysakotaladysakota Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I have been dealing with the same problem, I had managed to ignore it and continue on with resets between each little crash/bug thing. Sadly now its gotten to point that I can't do anything before it happens, frustrated since I had planned to try to get my first foundry mission out soon as I could. :(

Edit: Thanks for replying, I'll try that myself! Life saver.
  • Options
    chivashchivash Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 30
    edited May 2013
    drakedge2 wrote: »
    Press control + S it will save the quest and free your mouse up. If you push your map closer to the edge of your screen where you can drag the assets more directly into the room, it freezes less. Not completely gets rid of the bug, but less. Still though control + s, or alt+f4 will fix it.

The Alt+f4 isn't a troll joke. It will warn you that you are about to exit the foundry, and you should save the progress, or lose it and continue on. It will free your mouse up.

As i was going back into the foundry i noticed this seemed to be the cause of the problem. If you placed the mob to close to say the wall of a hallway and the mob would be within the wall, or you let go of your mouse while dragging the mob over to the map it seems to happen.

Thanks for the heads up.
  • Options
    drakedge2drakedge2 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    You are welcome, that bug annoyed me too, I found the unfreeze methods by trying to just alt+f4 out of the foundry lol. The Control+S way to do it was found by another user on here.
    8IxArUQf.jpg
    A story driven quest, with a fun and challenging amount of combat, that takes you into the world of Planescape, carefully hand crafted by me.