test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Glory Vendor - PvP Items?

ashrox10ashrox10 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Silverstars Posts: 0 Arc User
edited June 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Hey Guys,

Am I mistaken, or is the only items available via Glory at the moment potions? I was hoping for PvP gear and things but I guess not?

Cheers.
Vuxadin@Kaelangx on Mindflayer.
PvE Enthusiast.
mbre6g.jpg
Post edited by ashrox10 on

Comments

• Options
    ayamataayamata Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 290 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    ashrox10 wrote: »
    Hey Guys,

Am I mistaken, or is the only items available via Glory at the moment potions? I was hoping for PvP gear and things but I guess not?

Cheers.

No there's "PvP" gear available for thousands of Glory at the Trade of Blades in the Protector's Enclave.
    One you go in, go to the left of the training dummies and talk to the NPC.
    lunapic_136818015258135_1.gif
  • Options
    godredstonegodredstone Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    There's a ton of epic quality PvP gear available in the Trade of Blades, which is just north of the stables. Bad news is, it all appears to be level 60 (and of course each piece requires many thousands of Glory)
  • Options
    ashrox10ashrox10 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Silverstars Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Found it, thanks! :)
    PvE Enthusiast.
    mbre6g.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    I'm glad it costs thousands of glory, makes the PvP players actually grind to get the gear rather than being spoon fed!
    PvE Enthusiast.
    mbre6g.jpg
  • Options
    ayamataayamata Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 290 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Meh. It's really not that great compared to the Very Rare 60 gear you can get from drops or from the Unicorn Coin vendor.
  • Options
    sneakycheesessneakycheeses Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 118 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I'd like the addition of a PvP stat to make that gear worthwhile.
    Brodicus - 60 Trickster Rogue - Dragon
  • Options
    edited May 2013

Yeah same here.
  • Options
    silentiltmsilentiltm Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 234 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013

Yes make up a stat just to show it's pvp gear....[/sarcasm] You must be a WoW fan. It's a natural part of the current gear, you just need to get the right stat/rune config for your playstyle. Not going to be spoon fed to you.

Stupid idea to augment low aptitude players.
  • Options
    stereoblindxstereoblindx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 246 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    silentiltm wrote: »
    Yes make up a stat just to show it's pvp gear....[/sarcasm] You must be a WoW fan. It's a natural part of the current gear, you just need to get the right stat/rune config for your playstyle. Not going to be spoon fed to you.

If we were WoW fans we wouldn't be here. A PvP stat separates PvP gear from PvE gear and provides an incentive for participation for some people. There are some who don't participate in anything in an MMO unless they're rewarded for it. PvP gear provides that thing. I could care less either way, though earning Glory to eventually get something is awesome, just not as satisfying when something better can be earned by people who have never participated in PvP before and can waltz right in and destroy everyone with their PvE gear.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Honestly the only that sets the difference between PvP and PvE gear is that on the PvP gear, there are set effects as well as a really high amount of Hit Points as a base stat.
  • Options
    gomok72gomok72 Member Posts: 616 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    If we were WoW fans we wouldn't be here. A PvP stat separates PvP gear from PvE gear and provides an incentive for participation for some people. There are some who don't participate in anything in an MMO unless they're rewarded for it. PvP gear provides that thing. I could care less either way, though earning Glory to eventually get something is awesome, just not as satisfying when something better can be earned by people who have never participated in PvP before and can waltz right in and destroy everyone with their PvE gear.

The PvP gear is better than the PvE for PvP and the guy saying their is no difference is wrong.
    This game is not set as a PvP game and hopefully never will be ("This is a direct pull of 4th edition from PnP to a MMO."). While I love PvP in this game, the rewards and items should not get anything near "toughness" or "resilence" as that is not a true showing of "skill" but who has the higher overall damage reduction base.

I do however think they should give special pvp titles and have a very unique "only" look for pvp gear though.
    I may not be considered by most the BEST PVP Warlock on the server but, I am the most HATED amongst them.

-Kymos
  • Options
    gomok72gomok72 Member Posts: 616 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    ayamata wrote: »
    Honestly the only that sets the difference between PvP and PvE gear is that on the PvP gear, there are set effects as well as a really high amount of Hit Points as a base stat.

This is the reason you will see more people doing PvP, after launch because of the higher base stat to hit point. For any tank class hitpoints>than any other stat.
    I may not be considered by most the BEST PVP Warlock on the server but, I am the most HATED amongst them.

-Kymos
  • Options
    jnaathrajnaathra Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    We really do not need a pvp stat here.. Lets not make this into a have and have not thing... Where you are totally gimped and useless if you have not grinded out the gear. Enough games have suffered from this so far.
    Scout Tragold - "I haven't lived this long by being brave... it's just another word for stupid."
  • Options
    astaziaastazia Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 51
    edited May 2013
    Funny you mention that other game, since they are removing resilience from gear specifically so PvE players can jump into PvP and compete right away in their PvE gear. Turns out res was a bad idea all along, and they are admitting that. Now it will be interesting to see how all the clones react, they only added those stats because that one game did. So it's probably a good idea NW didn't add it's own version of a PvP stat, unless you count the +% glory on the silver enchants which is fine.
  • Options
    thevlakathevlaka Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    don't need a 'pvp' stat. Not that Cryptic will implement anything anyways so no need to fret.

Also to those wanting this 'stat' take a look and ****ing defense and deflection you <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>. There's your pvp stat.
  • Options
    kidikoruskidikorus Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Your an idiot and most likely don't pvp. PvP players grind just as much as pve players do and with the expensive glory prices it'll be a long frustrating process.

Truthfully, cryptic needs to do one of three things. Either add a pvp stat to pvp gear to make it exlcusive to pvp, make elite pvp gear on par with the best pve gear or make pve gear less effective in arenas. Theres nothing more frustrating than a pve player waltzing in a pvp arena with better gear than a pure pvp'er.

I play mmo's strictly for pvp and I'm glad Neverwinter developers are at the very least accommodating us and making an effort. Like the fact I can level by strictly pvping. LOL at the guy who said deflection is a pvp stat.
  • Options
    gravityx19gravityx19 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 85
    edited May 2013
    It would be nice to have the PvP gear at least make you take a little less damage from PvE players, but that is probably a pipe dream. As it is right now, PvP gear is the best option for tanks as it gives so much more HP
    Griff Hawk - Hybrid GF - Beholder Shard
    Griffeth - GW Fighter - Beholder Shard
    Twitch - WoW and NWO Gameplay - YouTube Channel
    GF/GWF Gameplay Highlights/Dungeon Runs
  • Options
    foolishlobsterfoolishlobster Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The PvP stat is +HP.
  • Options
    axxtasy1axxtasy1 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013

What a childish and asinine statement. There is always some loud mouth that wants to down everyone as "WoW fans".

Guess what chump? WoW was king of the hill for many years (still may be) and most everyone who plays MMOs these days has at least messed with it some.

Grow up.
  • Options
    xaazxxaazx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 122 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    ashrox10 wrote: »
    I'm glad it costs thousands of glory, makes the PvP players actually grind to get the gear rather than being spoon fed!

You mean allow them to afk endlessly to get free loot to sell for AD? Yeah, great system.
  • Options
    astralforgeastralforge Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 39
    edited May 2013
    I don't see a problem with the pvp gear whatsoever. Personally, I've found that the pvp gear stats are going to synergize very well with the correct build for that class. I play a CW, and top the charts pretty much every match in pvp I play, and one reason is because I understand which stats/powers are good for pvp and which are good for pve.

For example: If you are a CW and you stack for power/crit/aoe damage you will find that the pvp stats are kinda off...but that's because as a CW in pvp you should be focusing on Recovery (faster cooldowns). Heck, for that matter, if you are stacking for 100% damage as CW you are doing it wrong in pve or pvp lol.

So what the pvp gear gives a CW is exactly what it needs: some power, recovery, and defense stats. Perfect for pvp, and synergizes with the right build. Hint: In CW pvp specifically, control > dps.
  • Options
    enderlin50enderlin50 Member Posts: 993 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    ayamata wrote: »

^This. The set bonus promotes usefulness in PvP as well but could still be beneficial in PvE till you get something better.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    ignaciosllignaciosll Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Current PvP gear sold at the Trade of Blades is utter <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> and it's not that complicated to obtain... I currently have 8 k glory and dont know what the <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> to do with it...
    Please develop more PvP gear and make glory grinding worth it...