test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Profession Assets?!?!?!

blacknesswithinblacknesswithin Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
edited May 2013 in PvE Discussion
Okay so I have bought worn shears for my tailoring. Get my tailoring to lvl 7, thought i could upgrade my worn shears but turns out it is upgrading iron shears to steel shears.

Now my question is this...where do you get iron shears????

From the description if you hold you mouse over them it seems only profession booster packs!

So here is my issues with that :

1. Why even be able to by worn shears at the profession merchant?

2. So this just a way to make money out of the player again because you have to buy these packs either with zen or the assets them self from the auction house with astral diamonds and hope there are any of what assets you need!

3. It takes 4 iron shears to make one steel shear and then it takes 4 steel shears to upgrade to one mithral shear. Then you can stick 4 of the shears in your crafting to make a blue or purple item and increase your changes of it being a higher tier. the better the shear the higher your changes.
(Btw 250 000 astral diamonds starting bid for steel shears)

4. Each profession has 3 of these assets and it the same steps for all 3 of them.

So wonderful pay to win again! Really enjoyed the crafting...right up to this point!
Post edited by blacknesswithin on

Comments

• Options
    torjaydotorjaydo Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I just bought a Worn Infantry Weaponry, and like you, have no idea what to do with it.
  • Options
    keterysketerys Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    There are recipes that need shears. For example, you can make a blue quality rare recipe that way. The worn ones work - though, sure, they're not as good as the purple ones. Honestly, the next tier up isn't that big a deal, so the worn ones work fine.

You don't need to pay to use any of the crafting system. You may need to look more carefully at the recipes offered, mind you, and skip over the ones that require things from profession boxes.
  • Options
    phaeriusphaerius Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 37
    edited May 2013
    keterys wrote: »
    There are recipes that need shears. For example, you can make a blue quality rare recipe that way. The worn ones work - though, sure, they're not as good as the purple ones. Honestly, the next tier up isn't that big a deal, so the worn ones work fine.

You don't need to pay to use any of the crafting system. You may need to look more carefully at the recipes offered, mind you, and skip over the ones that require things from profession boxes.

Ie. you won't be able to make anything good since you don't have anything from profession boxes. And you won't be able to keep it remotely relevant levelwise unless you only play an hour or two a day, and craft the rest of the day when you're not playing.