test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Why do people not want to full-clear the dungeons?

gyloirgyloir Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
I know some people will say "Join a guild blah blah."

However in my experience with mmo's, many pug's still try/want to full clear dungeons, do every boss, every room, etc.

However in this game, it seems that NO ONE wants to do this? I blame it on the fairy dust line showing you your waypoint to follow. People seem to just want to follow this line to the end.

I have gotten into many groups and told people "hey you're missing things back here, hey there's a big chest at the end you need to collect things for to unlock!"

Yet hardly anyone wants to do it. It's like they just want to rush through the dungeon to get on with it.

Anyone else encountering this problem? REally really annoying me (I know, join a guild lol), still for pugs it's even annoying.
Post edited by gyloir on

Comments

• omekk13omekk13 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    gyloir wrote: »

However in my experience with mmo's, many pug's still try/want to full clear dungeons, do every boss, every room, etc.

However in this game, it seems that NO ONE wants to do this? I blame it on the fairy dust line showing you your waypoint to follow. People seem to just want to follow this line to the end.

I have gotten into many groups and told people "hey you're missing things back here, hey there's a big chest at the end you need to collect things for to unlock!"

Yet hardly anyone wants to do it. It's like they just want to rush through the dungeon to get on with it.

Anyone else encountering this problem? REally really annoying me (I know, join a guild lol), still for pugs it's even annoying.

Just to give you some faith, there are more of us out there. I love completing absolutely everything... As does my boyfriend and a few of our friends who play. :) I'm Omekk in game if you'd like to add me.
  • lurkinginshadowslurkinginshadows Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I agree Gyloir, I find that most people do not want to search for hidden stuff anymore. Me being a player of early games I find myself looking in every nook and cranny searching for that one hidden spot with a treasure chest that everyone overlooks. I can only hope that the devs have kept people that love exploring every inch of the map or dungeons in mind and place hidden items for those willing to look for them.
  • labbblabbb Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yeah , I even tell them 2 bonus CHEST if we get the 6 items ..but alas nope they in a hurry .
    Don't worry when they get to 60 they will cry nothing to do .

BTW I'm looking for a guild that isn't focused on getting to level 60 .
  • matryaridmatryarid Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Gotta loot them all!
  • tigersbtigersb Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I also love that players are rewarded by daring to walk off the beaten path (aka sparkly gold trail) and explore the area. It's fun finding treasure chests and resource nodes tucked away in corners.

PUG groups too often get the 'rush rush rush' mentality which personally I could do without. I'd much rather take the few minutes extra to properly clear a place out and gain that much more loot in the process.
  • sasheriasasheria Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    tigersb wrote: »
    I also love that players are rewarded by daring to walk off the beaten path (aka sparkly gold trail) and explore the area. It's fun finding treasure chests and resource nodes tucked away in corners.

PUG groups too often get the 'rush rush rush' mentality which personally I could do without. I'd much rather take the few minutes extra to properly clear a place out and gain that much more loot in the process.

This is the reason why I always go off the beaten path. you never know what might lurk around the corner and extra bonus items.
    To grow old is inevitable, to grow up is optional.
    Please review my campaign and I'll return the favor.
  • gaymer87gaymer87 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 291 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Maybe it is their play style, if you don't like it don't group with the people that play that way. Honestly, you have to run the dungeons many many times to get your gear. Why not just rush through it and get what you need like purple gear and not trash like crafting materials or runestones or green gear.
    *~Ezenkrul Kor'hedron -Drow Sorcerer~* **on hold**
    *~Serixil Kor'hedron- Drow Trickster~*
  • inullableinullable Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'm a serial-lootist so I feel your pain. Most times I will just go about clearing the alternate rooms anyway, since most content is solo-able anyway.
  • stereoblindxstereoblindx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 246 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I've been lucky so far with the queue and getting in full clear groups. There's too many hidden shinies to not full clear!
  • zalfienzalfien Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    gaymer87 wrote: »
    Maybe it is their play style, if you don't like it don't group with the people that play that way. Honestly, you have to run the dungeons many many times to get your gear. Why not just rush through it and get what you need like purple gear and not trash like crafting materials or runestones or green gear.

First of all, if it's a random group then how do you know until you get into it? And you would think that the possibility of opening another chest at the end, the possibility of another decent item drop, would motivate people to full clear the dungeons.

I can understand not wanting to take the time to full clear a dungeon. I get that people want to rush through. Personally, I'm not one of those people. Cloak Tower dungeon, I've run it many times and STILL have not been able to get that final chest open. Not to mention the one or two clowns who decided to need on all the items that DID drop, so any blue I could have used was stolen anyway. Ugh, the blatant lack of common courtesy in people anymore.
  • hammer58hammer58 Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Some players like to explore, but most are into power leveling. The mmo community is really not the exploring type. Mostly power gamers.
  • l1d3nl1d3n Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 385 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Always loot everything. It's the only way to play. ;)
  • lanessar13lanessar13 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Silverstars Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2013

From my understanding, at least in the Cloak Tower, there is a timer which gives additional rewards if the dungeon is completed within the time frame specified. At least, that's what I'm told locally.

I've done a lot of testing, but most of it wasn't related to time to complete, so I didn't examine this side of it. It was always more along the lines of "oh, look, the boss from the lower level floated through the floor and aggro'd a second boss" or something like that.
  • rapticorrapticor Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,078 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I have been in groups like that. Here's a tip if you want to explore when you make it to the end. Just let everyone else drop group and you'll still be free to explore for as long as you want. Just watch out as there could be some areas that still have enemies and as they are tuned for a 5 member group they'll probably squish you fairly quick. This is especially nice when you have actually cleared the whole dungeon other than the last boss and everyone gave up after a wipe or two. Which seem to happen a lot, at least to me, the harder the dungeons get. If everyone ran past all the skill nodes and chests well hey that's just more for you.
  • gyloirgyloir Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    rapticor wrote: »
    I have been in groups like that. Here's a tip if you want to explore when you make it to the end. Just let everyone else drop group and you'll still be free to explore for as long as you want. Just watch out as there could be some areas that still have enemies and as they are tuned for a 5 member group they'll probably squish you fairly quick. This is especially nice when you have actually cleared the whole dungeon other than the last boss and everyone gave up after a wipe or two. Which seem to happen a lot, at least to me, the harder the dungeons get. If everyone ran past all the skill nodes and chests well hey that's just more for you.

You can't really do this though, I mean there's no way you can c lear the area's that have mobs in them alone. So you don't really get a chance to collect all the artifacts and get the chest at the end if your group isn't willing to.
  • zhaocore86zhaocore86 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    In all the pug groups ive been in...there is always that ONE guy that HAS to rush to EVERYTHING...highly annoying =/..but this is what one gets by pugging.....i have a guild, the problem is our levels vary =/
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    M I N D F L A Y E R | D C | G W F
  • redshift2k5redshift2k5 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 241 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I see a lot of people 'lol i don't even know where i'm going' in dungeons, but they also won't bother to take 2 seconds to read when I tell them where the optional midbosses are.

Some people I think just want to get in and out as quick as possible for the Daily AD and don't care about exploring optional side areas.

Also please don't poke the mimics
  • stormdrag0nstormdrag0n Member Posts: 3,222 Arc User
    edited May 2013

It's BS from DDO...and the only cure is to run with like-minded people
    Always Looking for mature laidback players/rpers for Dungeon Delves!
  • rapticorrapticor Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,078 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    You can't really do this though, I mean there's no way you can c lear the area's that have mobs in them alone. So you don't really get a chance to collect all the artifacts and get the chest at the end if your group isn't willing to.

Not all areas will have mobs but might have stuff people ran by previously. For example the werewolf dungeon I did. We cleared everything but left a lot of chests and stuff unopened. Tried the boss a couple times before people got discouraged and everyone left. I went back and cleaned up on the profession resources. Obviously it will depend on what your group has or has not done.
  • oreoz2573oreoz2573 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I can't speak for the other dungeons, but the chests at the end of the Cloak Tower for collecting the secret items weren't amazing. They were no better than open world chests or the like. Helpful loot of course, but nothing to write home about.
    "If you're going through Hell, keep going." -Winston Churchill
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • astaziaastazia Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 51
    edited May 2013
    If you want to explore dungeons in games like this you have to roll a tank. People will always quietly follow you wherever you go and you are free to just wander around checking every little room and talking to NPCs.
    lanessar13 wrote: »
    From my understanding, at least in the Cloak Tower, there is a timer which gives additional rewards if the dungeon is completed within the time frame specified. At least, that's what I'm told locally.

I've done a lot of testing, but most of it wasn't related to time to complete, so I didn't examine this side of it. It was always more along the lines of "oh, look, the boss from the lower level floated through the floor and aggro'd a second boss" or something like that.

I would imagine this was people confused by the dungeon delve event. If you start a dungeon while the event is active there's a bonus chest at the end. Before the last patch this event was unclear and many people thought you had to complete the dungeon while the event was active, which is not the case. You do have to complete skirmishes while the skirmish event is active to get that bonus reward, but that's not worth knowing right now because it doesn't work and the skirmish event never gives bonus AD.

I've actually found killing most things in say the Cloak Tower really easy to do solo with just the cleric companion and a few potions, even at level 16. I can even solo bosses as long as I keep agro of her.