test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Dungeon boss drops, not BoP?

dlarkwelldlarkwell Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 3 Arc User
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
I don't know how this got put into live, but I just had a cleric roll need on the last boss dagger drop in Cragmire Crypts. If you're going to have the Need/Greed/Pass system then you should not be able to roll Need on anything the character you are playing can't use, period. "It's for an alt" is the lamest excuse; if you want gear for an alt, play it! Though in reality you can just as easily sell it. This is a great idea, letting people roll Need on every blue for monetary gain. /sarcasmrant
Post edited by dlarkwell on

Comments

• ranncoreranncore Member, Moderators, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 2,508
    edited May 2013
    I agree. As it's been stated multiple times, gear needs to be either bind on pickup or can't roll need on items you can't use. At the very least, the group leader should be able to set the loot rules.
  • taylorfesttaylorfest Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    But but but you should trust your fellow game player who doesnt know you over the internet. THEY WONT BETRAY YOU.
    10mr4gl.png
  • kesrikesri Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Since they advertise on the Landing Page that you should do dungeons for the loot you can sell on the auction house, it could be said that the only use for need is for the nice people (like me, I should add) to be nice. I say just do one RNG loot roll. Everybody rolls or passes and no one can scream "You don't need that." I have to admit I get irritated when one guy rolls "Need" on everything and I roll "Greed" on everything. But that's the game and changing to "Bind on Pickup" is not the answer since the Auction House is the player marketplace and I'd rather be able to sell anything I pick up than have the game enforce proper etiquette.
  • jeronanjeronan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 54
    edited May 2013
    People are practically forced into becoming a-holes in Dungeons and NEED on everything.

You need a ridiculous amount of Astral Diamonds to (later) Upgrade Companions, Mounts or buy anything worthwhile.
    Anything in this game is just ridiculously expensive, as they want People to spend "real" Money in the Zen Store.

So the only alternative People have, is opening their wallets or start NEEDing on everything in Dungeons and try sell it on AH to get AD.
  • xaazxxaazx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 122 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    The option to need should never be present unless you can equip it. It's a simple concept. Give people the opportunity to **** over another and they will. This will be a complete fail if this is not changed. It will kill random groups.
  • mconosrepmconosrep Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I made this suggestion before but it is a good one (well I think so :)):

Only classes that can use an item can NEED on an item but such items then become bound to character and cannot be sold on the AH. This way anyone who want it for an alt or to sell can roll GREED and can win it assuming there is no-one who is going to use it for their current character.
  • soulwarrior78soulwarrior78 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 541 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    jeronan wrote: »
    People are practically forced into becoming a-holes in Dungeons and NEED on everything.

You need a ridiculous amount of Astral Diamonds to (later) Upgrade Companions, Mounts or buy anything worthwhile.
    Anything in this game is just ridiculously expensive, as they want People to spend "real" Money in the Zen Store.

So the only alternative People have, is opening their wallets or start NEEDing on everything in Dungeons and try sell it on AH to get AD.

It saddens me that I have to agree with you. I get mad and pissed off when people roll need on the epic dungeons for stuff they don't need, but the truth is that it'll basically act as a bartering item for them to sell on the AH and with the AD from that sale they can buy something they want. If Zen wasn't so expensive, perhaps I could be madder at them for ninjaing the loot for my class.
  • labbblabbb Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    this is an option besides ' NEED ' ?