test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Loading Error

killkhankillkhan Member Posts: 1 Arc User
edited June 2013 in Bug Reports (PC)
Well apparently I'm not allowed to start a new thread because I've just joined the forum (seriously, wtf?), so I'm sorry to say I have to hijack this thread with something completely off topic. I've honestly never been so put off a game as a I am right now. I signed up to these forums a while ago but couldn't access my account, so I got my username sent to me and changed my password and guess what, I still couldn't log in. So I make a new account to get some help with the countless issues going on and then I'm told I'm not allowed to post yet because I'm new?! Mind.Is.Blown.

Anyway, back on my topic. Why won't the game load, or get past the loading screen? I start the game and get a blank page that does nothing.

Apologies OP, but you can blame whoever made this ridiculous rule about new people not being able to make threads, even though they had an account that worked in the first place.
Post edited by killkhan on

Comments

• thevlakathevlaka Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    killkhan wrote: »
    Well apparently I'm not allowed to start a new thread because I've just joined the forum (seriously, wtf?), so I'm sorry to say I have to hijack this thread with something completely off topic. I've honestly never been so put off a game as a I am right now. I signed up to these forums a while ago but couldn't access my account, so I got my username sent to me and changed my password and guess what, I still couldn't log in. So I make a new account to get some help with the countless issues going on and then I'm told I'm not allowed to post yet because I'm new?! Mind.Is.Blown.

Anyway, back on my topic. Why won't the game load, or get past the loading screen? I start the game and get a blank page that does nothing.

Apologies OP, but you can blame whoever made this ridiculous rule about new people not being able to make threads, even though they had an account that worked in the first place.

not saying anything wrong man.
    Cryptic + PWE = worst mmo experience ever.

Just dont stare at the queue screen for too long.
  • ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited May 2013
    Before I respond to the rest of your issue let me first tackle the "Yu can not make a new thread issue"
    This is to prevent spam bots from filling the forums with links to all sorts of bad malicious websites.

It goes away after a week or so and has done wonders in preventing spam bots from flooding the forums.
    It's not there to hurt you or any other new legitimate players. It's there to hurt spam bots which were a huge thorn in my side. I haven't seen a spam bot in six months now so due to this update, thank goodness.

Sorry for the inconvenience but I assure you it's not there to hurt legitimate players like yourself.
  • kalizaarkalizaar Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    To fix the white launcher issue try this:
    1. Open a DOS window (cmd.exe)
    2. Type in "ipconfig /renew" (without the quotes) and hit enter
    3. Try launcher again
  • ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited May 2013
    On to your actual issue!

Have you tried the fixes mentioned in this thread?

If those don't help can you give us more details about what exactly you're seeing?
  • lazyologylazyology Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Omg thanks it worked! :d
  • ilandryailandrya Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'm in the same boat, new user who can't yet post a new thread. After I log in I get a loading screen with the word "Cryptic", following that, I get a black screen with a white square in the upper left hand corner, then the client stops responding. I'm on Win 7, my computer meets/exceeds minimum requirements to run the game. I've tried shutting off all other running programs as well as running the game as the administrator, rebooting, flush/release/renew dns, clearing caches etc. with the same results. In the game's error file is this message: 130501 18:41:59 13 [1]: HTTP patching problem (ContentLengthMissing):
    Clueless as to what is causing the issue I am having with the game thus far.
  • dadishdadish Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Im in the same boat as well getting a white screen with nothing but these letters: 攼㹭潌摡湩⹧倠敬獡⁥慷瑩㰮支㹭 did some research and funny enough people playing Star Trek Online had this issue. Dont know what to do have tried everything in "Launcher issues" post to no avail. Tried reinstalling, re downloading running administrator nothing works. Anyone have anything else I can try?
    edited May 2013
    After a few more attempts and waiting to see if the game decided to start responding I got the following fatal error message:

Fatal Error: Direct3D driver returned error code (UNKNOWN: 0x88760870) while while (yes that's not my error, that's the message repeating the word "while") creating a render target texture.

Technical Details: UNKNOWN: 0x88760870 while creating 2D render target texture size 800x450 (RTEX_BGRA_U8).

Following that, my graphic card driver crashed and successfully recovered. (Nvidia 306.97 driver) Direct X is version 11.0
  • crunchwingcrunchwing Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    My Girlfriend stucks as well in the Loading Screen (Cryptic Logo). The Loadingbar moves just a little bit and then stops. No Error, no Crash just nothing.

I for myself can play without any problem so far.
  • dadishdadish Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Im giving up I have tried everything i can think of. redownloaded the game multiple times updated Directx, Explorer, NVIDIA drivers etc etc. Launcher just does not work.
    edited May 2013
    Ok, so far from what I'm reading directx 11 has issues with the game, so I did what was instructed in the sticky regarding crashes with direct x and put in the recommended text in the advanced command file line field. It did not resolve the issue. After several more attempts at running the game with the same directx issue repeating itself eventually (takes awhile of waiting after the client ceases to respond for it to give me this directx error message, provided the client doesn't crash in the meantime). So, decided to try something else. Right clicked on the game icon on my desktop and selected "troubleshoot compatibility". It deemed that I should run the game in xp compatibility mode (I'm running Win 7). After selecting it to run in XP compatibility mode, I was able to get into the game. I cannot run the game in windowed mode.. it blurs the screen, I have to use alt +tab when I need to minimize the window. Not sure if this will help anyone else or not (players or devs), but I thought I'd post what solved my problem (for now).
  • lowpressedlowpressed Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Try right clicking on your icon and run as administrator.
  • lowpressedlowpressed Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I noticed It does not seem to like gmail. So make a yahoo mail account. Also Try right clicking on the icon and run as administrator.
  • crunchwingcrunchwing Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    i don't belive the loading-bug is triggered by a mail adress
  • mrrockwellmrrockwell Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Has anyone gotten anywhere with this? I would just walk away from the game as I am extremely frusterated, but I just spent 50$ on the thing.
    I am getting the same error message as the other guy
    攼㹭潌摡湩⹧倠敬獡⁥慷瑩㰮支㹭 -- White screen. I attempt to access directly through the manager, and it wouldn't connect me.
    I decided to reinstall the program, and now the newly installed installer gives me the same white screen with the chineese writing. I attempt to have it translated, it's gibberish.

I played the game within the last 12 hours. I simply logged off, and when I relogged it patched and then began the error messages. Please respond quickly, I feel as if I have just thrown 50$ at some game online with no service, tech support, or a platform which doesn't crash.

My computer is amazing, far exceeds the minimum requirement.