test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Log-out to charter selection screen, not to initial login screen

shroomito1shroomito1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 3 Arc User
edited May 2013 in PvE Discussion
Please, for the love of all things holy (and given the existence of queue lengths) is there any chance that, as with every other game I can think of, there can be a return to character selection option - which is what one would have expected by default? Otherwise playing alts becomes an impossible endeavour.
Post edited by shroomito1 on

Comments

• ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited May 2013
    I agree!
    Would be nice to not have to type in my password all the time.
  • thevlakathevlaka Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    /agreed
    /signed
    DO IT PLZ
  • sindicatosindicato Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    No no no no no Cryptic wants you in queue all time (ironic)

Thats a must have option and almost mmos in market have that option to log out to character screen
  • gnostergnoster Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    GW2 started without this option as well, and it was one of the first addons they ever did, as they came to the same conclusion as you.

Signed from me as well.
  • mierynmieryn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    agreed. It's a complete pain in the <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> even without the huge queues.
  • maho4200maho4200 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 526 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I agree, but it's not such a big deal (if it wasn't for the queues).
    Neverwinter Online Open Beta is an ongoing success
  • doctorangstdoctorangst Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I agree with the OP.

This is a must and should have been there long ago.

Wasn't really a big problem prior to Open Beta since no que-system was neccessary.

/sign.
  • holt3holt3 Member Posts: 333 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Don't see why not.
  • metalbedmetalbed Member Posts: 1
    edited May 2013
    The reason being that they want you to pay for the login priority
  • hadeanshadeans Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    path of exile does the same thing... its hard to believe they are smart enough to create a game and yet lack all common sense.
  • shroomito1shroomito1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    metalbed wrote: »

I might be being overly gullible, but I cannot believe that they would do this at cost of making the game playable with alts. I am Guardian (not sure why my status says User), but to be honest this is becoming a deal-breaker for me playing alts. I merely wanted to check that I was not being unreasonable in feeling this way, but by the looks of it an overwhelming percentage of folks feel the same! *cough-cough please read this devs* ;-)
  • m00k1m00k1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Well this is a complete deal breaker for me, i love alts and always level one of ever class, some even twice just for the race...with this downright horrible system this greatly discouraged, why even bother with char slots (or the game at all) if it takes half the night to switch between your chars
  • sadashasadasha Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Oh that'd be so nice, to NOT have to retype passwords all the time.
  • pirebpireb Member Posts: 5
    edited May 2013
    It will come, eventually.

Probably once things have settled down in their priority list of things that can not wait.
  • acylionacylion Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 93
    edited May 2013
    Considering that Cryptic's other games had the ability to log out to character select added, chances are it's something that will be added later down the line.
  • jaraxaljaraxal Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    /agree
    /sign
    /10char
  • jaraxaljaraxal Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    shroomito1 wrote: »
    I am Guardian (not sure why my status says User)

Go to "User CP" at the top of the forums, then click on "Permission Groups". In there, select the "Identify me as a member of this group" for Guardian or HoTN as appropriate.
  • eivieeivie Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    /signed

Hate having to put my password in just because I've been inactive for 15 mins, just glad I'm a HotN and don't have to deal with queues...
  • syphilaidssyphilaids Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    /agree with title
  • aaxxandumaaxxandum Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I agree with OP :D
    /sign
  • yasha00yasha00 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 479 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Totally agree with OP.
  • somebobsomebob Member Posts: 1,887 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    acylion wrote: »
    Considering that Cryptic's other games had the ability to log out to character select added, chances are it's something that will be added later down the line.

STO does. Only.

CO has the function (as a /command), and it COMPLETELY works, but it's flagged as a developer only command (for some stupid reason).

This is a basic function that should be in the game to be honest.
  • wec0wec0 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Agreed. Having to log back in to change characters is annoying.
  • eq2imoraeq2imora Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    metalbed wrote: »

I am unaware of any way to pay for the log in priority after the time frame for founders' packs expires.

Please show me where those are.
  • sparhawksparhawk Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    somebob wrote: »
    STO does. Only.

CO has the function (as a /command), and it COMPLETELY works, but it's flagged as a developer only command (for some stupid reason).

This is a basic function that should be in the game to be honest.

This. I'm surprised they didn't include this in Neverwinter as they already have the code available.
  • platinuplatinu Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I would love to have a 'log in to character screen' option. Having to log out, type in password, and log back in is a pain that could easily be fixed. I switch around from alt to alt fairly often and I'm sure others do as well.

Even, as one person said, not having to retype the password would be nice.