test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Launcher says servers are green but...

narathkornarathkor Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
First of all let me say this is not a rant or rave. I am assuming the servers are still down for maintenance, and if not part of the purpose of this thread is to find out if it is an issue I am having and others are not. If there is already another thread on this topic I am sorry, I was not able to find it.

When I run the launcher it patches fine, and at the top left it has a green light by the servers. However once you get the game client open it says server is unavailable. Is this everyone? Or is this a bug with the launcher server status indicator that needs to be addressed. If it is a server status error then let me know I will move this on down to feedback.

Regards!
Please check out my foundry quests!
The Sins of the Father NW-DLN6BC8NX
A Name For Yourself NW-DRBWMCFL4
Click Here To Visit The Official Thread
Post edited by narathkor on

Comments

• Options
    aveanavean Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Ive always seen the light green, between weekends, during downtimes, always.
    I expect it wont take effect till the shards merge, since its only 1 light for 3 shards, if ones down how can it show~
    Likely a intended feature thats just not in place yet.
  • Options
    redshift2k5redshift2k5 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 241 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    PATCH server is up, LOGIN server ill be another 30-20 minutes as per a facebook post
  • Options
    narathkornarathkor Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    That makes great sense and thank you for the response avean. I am enjoying the game despite the controls... That is probably my personal issue as I have used my mouse to move since Ultima Online hold left and right move, click to interract these controls do not work well for me lol. However if they fix the lag issues I think I will be joining you as a paid supporter, as last night without realizing it I spent 8 hours just smiling and adventuring.
    Please check out my foundry quests!
    The Sins of the Father NW-DLN6BC8NX
    A Name For Yourself NW-DRBWMCFL4
    Click Here To Visit The Official Thread
  • Options
    knightfalzknightfalz Member Posts: 1,261 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The light doesn't mean much. It doesn't work that well in some of their other games too.
  • Options
    clophas2clophas2 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    avean wrote: »
    Ive always seen the light green, between weekends, during downtimes, always.
    I expect it wont take effect till the shards merge, since its only 1 light for 3 shards, if ones down how can it show~
    Likely a intended feature thats just not in place yet.

The light was off a couple hours ago.
  • Options
    phyrexiahphyrexiah Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    As of two minutes ago, shards are still down. So they must have encountered an issue and are trying to fix it. I want to play. :(
  • Options
    sickweepupsickweepup Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    im even having trouble with the forums, i.e loooong load times and keep getting database errors. but yer server is still down i guess
  • Options
    infestedchris12infestedchris12 Member Posts: 37
    edited May 2013
    Maybe if you wait a little longer the servers will go up. So have more patience. Nothing is instant. It's not a bug or problem. Someone can easily just flip the green light and not release the servers yet. Just wait and wait and wait. Go do an activity or something.
  • Options
    foempspeedyfoempspeedy Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Online, no queue so hurry in :p
  • Options
    jeronanjeronan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 54
    edited May 2013
    Servers are up! Was quick enough (and Lucky I Guess) to get straight in! :cool:
  • Options
    hshiihshii Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    narathkor wrote: »
    That makes great sense and thank you for the response avean. I am enjoying the game despite the controls... That is probably my personal issue as I have used my mouse to move since Ultima Online hold left and right move, click to interract these controls do not work well for me lol. However if they fix the lag issues I think I will be joining you as a paid supporter, as last night without realizing it I spent 8 hours just smiling and adventuring.

Hey you can remap you key-binds.. hold left and right move.. just go to settings and click key-binds while in game on the character you want to change the settings on.. then go to forward and click next to the w key and select special key then pick right press not right click.. Hope that helps! :)