test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Companion: Tomb Spider

rjax097rjax097 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 26 Arc User
edited May 2013 in PvE Discussion
Why was the Tomb Spider removed from the Zen vendor? I had planned to get this pet for my character. Will it come back as a drop? Or possibly find its way back to the Zen vendor?
Post edited by rjax097 on

Comments

• Options
    drowessdrowess Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Yea I planed to get it for one of my future characters to fit their theme.
  • Options
    rjax097rjax097 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    drowess wrote: »

I really hope they bring it back. I loved it in beta 2 and 3. Problem was it was a controller with no control ability.
  • Options
    jimthegrayjimthegray Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    drowess wrote: »

yeah really fits the drow thematicly ... i wish I could have splurged on the big preorder but to many things im savign for
    When we turn away from the darkness of
    our past to take comfort in our peaceful lives, we
    sometimes forget how dearly that peace was bought. But
    there is much worth remembering in the darkness...
  • Options
    dixa1dixa1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    jimthegray wrote: »
    yeah really fits the drow thematicly ... i wish I could have splurged on the big preorder but to many things im savign for

drow dont have pet spiders. they have idols of the spider queen, but actual underdark spiders are either driders or massive monsters.
  • Options
    jimthegrayjimthegray Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    dixa1 wrote: »
    drow dont have pet spiders. they have idols of the spider queen, but actual underdark spiders are either driders or massive monsters.

Not really true plenty of drow encounters from 4th all the way back to 2nd have varies spiders mixed in with drow encounters , not just the horse sized ones
    When we turn away from the darkness of
    our past to take comfort in our peaceful lives, we
    sometimes forget how dearly that peace was bought. But
    there is much worth remembering in the darkness...
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    It would be nice if we could get some info if the Tomb Spider will be available to us as a pet. In the Zen vendor, the ads that appear DO mention a spider companion. So I really hope we get it back.
  • Options
    ravenrabbitravenrabbit Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 127 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    If it was a controller with no control abilities, that is likely why it was removed... it was bugged ;) I suspect they will re-add it.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Hoping still to see this pet back in the game. A control ability could be like a 4 sec web or something like that.
  • Options
    novronnovron Member Posts: 84 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Rather have a drider companion.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    novron wrote: »
    Rather have a drider companion.

Ok, this would be cool, but I know it would never happen.

BRING BACK THE TOMB SPIDER!!! PLEASE!!!

It is that important to me.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Any word on this pet yet? Please?
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Another bump hoping the devs might give a word of encouragement.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Hoping the devs will chime in on this with a quick word of hope that we will see the tomb spider reappear. I remember the colors from bw2 and bw3, I really liked the white color that in bw2 was listed as the default color. But I have seen screen shots of other colors, with some blues and reds I think. Would be nice to see some of these.

Again, hoping to see this pet reappear on the Zen Vendor. We saw the Ion Stone of Allure reappear so ....

P.S. The pets really do need some controls. A player with a tank pet should be able to send the pet in first to gain initial aggro and currently that cannot be done. And for the striker pets, they need either a charge or a leap so close on the target quickly. It takes too long for the pets to get to the target especially when we have classes that can jump or teleport to the target.