test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Any way to transfer AD to other alts (wasn't warned AD claim was char-bound)

yokaidesuyokaidesu Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 5 Arc User
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
I'm pretty bummed to learn that my 600K AD claim is locked to the first char I rolled up. Apparently this happened to many other people, as today's patch is adding that warning to the claim interface.

Cryptic/PW: really, you need a way to deal with those of us who unwittingly assumed that was an account-wide pool. Is there any _fair_ method at all for transferring one's AD to other alts? Failing that, how about a 1-time reset option to enable us to push our AD back up into that claim pool so that we can "do it right" afterward?
Post edited by yokaidesu on

Comments

• elecjesterelecjester Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I read before the game started that you could post your ADs for sale, then cancel right away and it would go back into an account type pool that another character could access.

I still have all my Ads in storage as I havent needed any yet, so I can't say for sure if this works or not.
  • neowolfenneowolfen Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 68
    edited May 2013
    Eseentially correct though when putting it up for sale put it up for a ridiculously high sum to prevent it accidentally being bought, then have the character of your you want to have it cancel the sale, and then withdraw the AD's from the exchange. Voila Ad's transferred.
    Ser Alathor Crownguard, Cwelenas Alenuath, Dwarin Stonefist, Danaerys Hellborn
  • neowolfenneowolfen Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 68
    edited May 2013
    unholyjedi wrote: »
    well isnt that a surprise? well all well that ends well. Im just hoping I can get into the game today after they finish there maintenance.

also that would be breaking a little bit of the rules for something that is Account/Character Bound would it not?

Nope as your only moving it between your own characters, so it isnt leaving "your" account. Also the facility where by it goes into an account pool is thier system, not an exploit.
  • somakawasomakawa Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    What you can do is nightmare lockboxes will give idols, you mail them to other toons they are worth 40000 crystals, its pain that a option.
  • airelanairelan Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    You actually want to use a low AD per zen value like 50 AD per zen. Because people who sell their zen are going to want to get more AD per zen so at 50 zen per AD it isn't very likely your AD will be exchanged for zen in the 2 seconds it will be up.
  • yokaidesuyokaidesu Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Great tips, thanks so much.

One question though: if you use this technique to push them back up into an account-wide claim pool, do you have to withdraw them right away with another alt or can you leave them sitting there until needed? I'd prefer to essentially push up my 600K back to a shared pool and leave them sitting there until I have a specific char that needs to withdraw some for whatever reason.
  • airelanairelan Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    As far I know, you can just leave it sitting there.
  • tyriatyria Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 2
    edited May 2013
    unholyjedi wrote: »
    well isnt that a surprise? well all well that ends well. Im just hoping I can get into the game today after they finish there maintenance.

also that would be breaking a little bit of the rules for something that is Account/Character Bound would it not?

Technically it 'is' breaking a rule (as your useing a feature in a way it not intended.)

BUT, here's the key difference. In doing so, you are NOT gaining any advantage over another player in a 'game related' way. If anything, you found a way to fix an issue that does not tie up tech-support for 30 minutes while you and them argue back and forth as to why they should remove the AD's from one character, and put it back into your 'account' so that another can use it.

I seriously doubt they'd find any reason to 'punish' anyone for doing this as a way to fix their own mistake without tying up tech-support. =)
  • mhelivormhelivor Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 116 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    OP;
    Yes you can have different amount of AD on different toon. My first I only claimed 500K, second 150K and so forth.
    So my tip is, you don’t have to claim any amount of AD. Until you are certain that you really want that amount on any Toon.

I have more than a million AD to claim. If you dont know what to buy, dont claim any. Just claim as much as you need so you can post stuff on AH. So each Toon needs around 3-5000 AD to start with.
  • yokaidesuyokaidesu Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Again, thanks for all your help and tips. I really appreciate it and I'm sure other preorder founder players will too. Great community here!
  • sandanglotkasandanglotka Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    They should just make AD account wide. Gold, too. Zen already is.
    Soldiers live. And wonder why.
  • infi321infi321 Member Posts: 311 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    tyria wrote: »
    Technically it 'is' breaking a rule (as your useing a feature in a way it not intended.)

BUT, here's the key difference. In doing so, you are NOT gaining any advantage over another player in a 'game related' way. If anything, you found a way to fix an issue that does not tie up tech-support for 30 minutes while you and them argue back and forth as to why they should remove the AD's from one character, and put it back into your 'account' so that another can use it.

I seriously doubt they'd find any reason to 'punish' anyone for doing this as a way to fix their own mistake without tying up tech-support. =)

Haha "breaking a rule"?

Ok I call your "rule" and raise with "fail design not being able to mail AD to alts"
    "Your story may not last forever; but it will exist forever"
  • markbrennanmarkbrennan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Your all lucky, I put the AD's on my char and didnt even know what they are. Friend was on another server so I deleted the character to start on other server and lost all of them.
    edited May 2013
    airelan wrote: »
    As far I know, you can just leave it sitting there.
    Yup can sit in the pool indefinitely. Only side effect is the exchange button at the top of the screen in game while stay highlighted to remind you something is still there.
    edited May 2013
    tyria wrote: »

Its absolutely using the feature in a way that was intended. When you use the exchange where does your earnings go? into the account wide pool, irrespective of WHICH of your characters made the transaction and you can withdraw that via ANY of your characters by design, which is essentially transferring currency between characters.

All being suggsted is doing is exactly the same, which is not "gaming" the system or abusing it but using it as it is intended.
  • zylaxxzylaxx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 591 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    neowolfen wrote: »
    Eseentially correct though when putting it up for sale put it up for a ridiculously high sum to prevent it accidentally being bought, then have the character of your you want to have it cancel the sale, and then withdraw the AD's from the exchange. Voila Ad's transferred.

Actually you dont even need the other toon to cancel, the same character that put it up can cancel and the AD's go into the pool.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Character is what a man is in the dark
  • solresolsolresol Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    yokaidesu wrote: »
    Again, thanks for all your help and tips. I really appreciate it and I'm sure other preorder founder players will too. Great community here!

Yup, totally agree. Why all the hub-bub just to get to your Diamonds with a different character? :rolleyes:
  • martianmanrapermartianmanraper Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 61
    edited May 2013

Considering the makers of the game are the ones who said to do it that way in the FAQ, no..no it's not breaking the rules.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]