test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Cleric healing

selist1selist1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
edited May 2013 in PvE Discussion
Is it just me or does this game feel more like potion chugging and more DPS than actually playing your role as a healer? When i do dungeons my heals are weak and i have to build power in order to do big channeled heals i also give a buff as my daily.

But what i dont understand is am i suppose to spec for dps.. or do we spec for healing even though i dont feel like a healer in any way im a low support their potions heal more than i do.
DRAGON
Selist@selist1
4c2eqg0.png
Post edited by selist1 on

Comments

• preezuspreezus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I kinda feel the same way....a guy posted an astral sheild/hallowed ground build that seems to work pretty good at damage mitigation. Pure heal does seem to be kinda weak...especially early game. I'm hoping that it will scale better late game. My guess is that it will.

The starter heal spells they give the cleric are wack...your best direct heal will be using divinity + right clicking early on. Other than that keep up your right click auto attack so that everyone gets free lifesteal...
  • aetam1aetam1 Member Posts: 228 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    When you get forgemasters flame you get your first good way to heal your group. Use it with divine power on a strong mob and you get decent healing for everyone around. Combine that with healing hands so you have something between fights or for ranged party members. As third I would take daunting light, the dmg is just too good. Helps with weak adds and helps to build divine power.

With lvl 50 your cleric really begins to shine. Take astral shield, it is amazing. Use it with divine power and it should provide good healing even in epic dungeons. Now you will feel like a true support.
    Personally I like to use astral shield, healing hands and daunting light. Worked pretty well so far in epic dungeons.

For daily powers I mostly run flame strike and divine armor. You could use hollowed ground instead of divine armor I guess. Flame strike is mostly useful for the thrash mobs between bosses, usually I try to have divine armor ready before you encounter a boss.

At will powers for me are sacred flame and astral shield and I took the faithful paragon tree.

It takes quite some time but in the end your cleric will become able to truly support the team.

My stomach is clear and my mind is full of bacon!
  • silvernine84silvernine84 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 104 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    As a level 60 DC, I far outheal any potions. I typically have about 3 million in heals at the end of an epic dungeon. Potions heals 8,500 HP every 12 seconds, or about 700 HPS. I average about 2,000 HPS with my DC abilities.

Potions are fine. DCs could use a little tweaking but are overall fun to play and useful.
    Hadekin Unavailable
    Seer of Seers, Sage of Sages, Prognosticator of Prognosticators,
    The Boss of the Applesauce, Dwarven Cleric Extraordinaire...

Hadekin.jpg
    Athkatla Arranaur, eat your heart out you gelatinous giant rat!
  • cett2cett2 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    so lv50 is when cleric shines? lol,.. so far i like it in these low levels but that kinda scares me going into dungeons
  • perasienperasien Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    aetam1 wrote: »
    When you get forgemasters flame you get your first good way to heal your group. Use it with divine power on a strong mob and you get decent healing for everyone around. Combine that with healing hands so you have something between fights or for ranged party members. As third I would take daunting light, the dmg is just too good. Helps with weak adds and helps to build divine power.

With lvl 50 your cleric really begins to shine. Take astral shield, it is amazing. Use it with divine power and it should provide good healing even in epic dungeons. Now you will feel like a true support.
    Personally I like to use astral shield, healing hands and daunting light. Worked pretty well so far in epic dungeons.

For daily powers I mostly run flame strike and divine armor. You could use hollowed ground instead of divine armor I guess. Flame strike is mostly useful for the thrash mobs between bosses, usually I try to have divine armor ready before you encounter a boss.

At will powers for me are sacred flame and astral shield and I took the faithful paragon tree.

It takes quite some time but in the end your cleric will become able to truly support the team.

Cleric healing becomes much more important noticable around lvl 50 or so just like this post mentions. At 60, my Firgemaster's Light with Rank 3 upgrade heals me about 4k normal and 6k crits. It also heals allies near the mob you cast as well. Also, Astral Shield with rank 3 upgrade is beast mode. Hang in there with the cleric as it becomes much more enjoyable the more you level up.
  • selist1selist1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    perasien wrote: »
    Cleric healing becomes much more important noticable around lvl 50 or so just like this post mentions. At 60, my Firgemaster's Light with Rank 3 upgrade heals me about 4k normal and 6k crits. It also heals allies near the mob you cast as well. Also, Astral Shield with rank 3 upgrade is beast mode. Hang in there with the cleric as it becomes much more enjoyable the more you level up.

Even if you do low level pvp your heals do nothing unless you're channeling and it goes out so fast i hope healing is noticeable later on though low levels its complete garb.
    DRAGON
    Selist@selist1
    4c2eqg0.png
  • selist1selist1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    As a level 60 DC, I far outheal any potions. I typically have about 3 million in heals at the end of an epic dungeon. Potions heals 8,500 HP every 12 seconds, or about 700 HPS. I average about 2,000 HPS with my DC abilities.

Potions are fine. DCs could use a little tweaking but are overall fun to play and useful.
    Thats good to know that later on we are noticeable i think we should get some absorbs though that would help alot.
    DRAGON
    Selist@selist1
    4c2eqg0.png
  • annshadowannshadow Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Is Recharge speed more important than Healing Bonus as a stat choice?

I was reading a post that said that with a faster Recharge Speed v. Healing bonus you can do much more in the way of healing because you can use your abilities more often.

Can the High Levels chime in on where to put one's stats? Ie is Ch better than Wis?
  • tedwatedwa Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I was actually wondering how you deal with healing in higher lvl dungeons... I only started playing and so far did only the clock tower, but what I've noticed was that everyone was running around like monkeys on speed, and I had troubles getting the tank/whoever needed the heal at that time in line of sight for a direct heal. :) Does it get better over time, and do people start to pay attention? :)
  • preezuspreezus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    tedwa wrote: »
    Does it get better over time, and do people start to pay attention? :)

I doubt it honestly...but people will calm down after they better understand the controls of the game and skill sets. I still think the best heals will be aoe heals that don't require direct line of site. The add spawns on some of these boss fights makes it impossible to heal in direct line of sight sometimes...especially if you don't have someone keeping them off of you.

I'm planning on moving to a astral seal/hallowed ground build and then focus on action point gain to spam those abilities...that combined with some occasional direct heals for really low tanks should do the trick in most all battles...
  • shattrnerdsshattrnerds Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I am definitely going to play my cleric as more of a group mitigation/maintencance type healer. since we lack burst and oh <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> heals I think that having less of a CD on our spells will outperform a wisdom heavy build (pre endgame). I plan on maxing cha/recharge speed so I can use for utility/mitigation/buffs for the party. I am very much a NW **** atm so I have a lot to learn but I have extensive prior xp in all benchmark mmprpgs. Now just let us MOVE while using insta cast spells!!
  • squall785squall785 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'm lvl 40 atm on my cleric and since now i've faced only 2 problems with the cleric's heals. First one is the heals reduction for yourself, imo it's a lil much. Assuming u are the only healer in a group u really need to have a lot of potions. The second problem and releated to the first anyway, are the people. Many here haven't yep understand that this is not a dps rush...it's about control and strategy. Our heals are weak beacouse we have to spend most of the time kiting adds that noone in gruop cares about. Find a good group will rise your healing output for a huge amount. ^^
    lhytav2.png
  • zingarbagezingarbage Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Through the first two epic dungeons I just use a bare minimum astral shield for healing. I can keep that up on the group and go afk, while the rogues kill everything. Hoping the dungeons get harder.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • munkey81munkey81 Member Posts: 1,322 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I built my cleric from lvl 1, now to 43, with my main goal as Power and Crit. Currently, without being able to log in and check. I have 1340 Power and 896 crit(24.5%), gear score of 3970 with **** I found questing at lvl 43. I use sacred flame, and astral shield, Forgemasters(always always always) in Divinity mode, chains and sunburst. Divine armor and flame strike for epic abilities. From my dungeons delves, I've 98% of the time topped damage and heals in dungeons. Self healing? I fealt sometimes like I was drinking a **** load of potions, I tried the other pure healing spells and found that IMO they are <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>. I got better with my build, knowing when/when not to use my abilities..Now, at 43 my damage is absolutely ridiculous, as well as my heals. Its a breeze killing anything, huge groups of **** is a breeze, even a fiew levels higher. I don't know off hand what they are called, but I specced the tier 3 feat that gives astral shield, sunburst and something else a HoT type effect AoE, and currently putting points into the one below it, that makes Astral shield and sacred flame give a higher % of healing.

That being said, as far as healing goes OP. I have only been disappointed with my healing, when I tried to use "pure" healing abilities. With those Feats for sacred flame and astral, I never ever use pots anymore, even in large groups(if you are doing it right), I pick the toughest, put Forgemasters w/Divinity and astral shield on them, as well as anything else I can get my hands on, do my aoes and the heals, oooooh the heals just come flying in. My highest crit heal from Forgemasters at lvl 43 is 5671. Normally I am getting crit heals from 1-3.5k.

So for me, so far...My damage focused cleric is pouring out damage and heals. I'll continue running the same way until I get blown out of the water by another cleric, then I"ll ask him what hes doing and do that =)
  • munkey81munkey81 Member Posts: 1,322 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I built my cleric from lvl 1, now to 43, with my main goal as Power and Crit. Currently, without being able to log in and check. I have 1340 Power and 896 crit(24.5%), gear score of 3970 with **** I found questing at lvl 43. I use sacred flame, and astral shield, Forgemasters(always always always) in Divinity mode, chains and sunburst. Divine armor and flame strike for epic abilities. From my dungeons delves, I've 98% of the time topped damage and heals in dungeons. Self healing? I fealt sometimes like I was drinking a **** load of potions, I tried the other pure healing spells and found that IMO they are <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>. I got better with my build, knowing when/when not to use my abilities..Now, at 43 my damage is absolutely ridiculous, as well as my heals. Its a breeze killing anything, huge groups of **** is a breeze, even a fiew levels higher. I don't know off hand what they are called, but I specced the tier 3 feat that gives astral shield, sunburst and something else a HoT type effect AoE, and currently putting points into the one below it, that makes Astral shield and sacred flame give a higher % of healing.

That being said, as far as healing goes OP. I have only been disappointed with my healing, when I tried to use "pure" healing abilities. With those Feats for sacred flame and astral, I never ever use pots anymore, even in large groups(if you are doing it right), I pick the toughest, put Forgemasters w/Divinity and astral shield on them, as well as anything else I can get my hands on, do my aoes and the heals, oooooh the heals just come flying in. My highest crit heal from Forgemasters at lvl 43 is 5671. Normally I am getting crit heals from 1-3.5k.

So for me, so far...My damage focused cleric is pouring out damage and heals. I'll continue running the same way until I get blown out of the water by another cleric, then I"ll ask him what hes doing and do that =)
    edited May 2013
    squall785 wrote: »
    I'm lvl 40 atm on my cleric and since now i've faced only 2 problems with the cleric's heals. First one is the heals reduction for yourself, imo it's a lil much. Assuming u are the only healer in a group u really need to have a lot of potions. The second problem and releated to the first anyway, are the people. Many here haven't yep understand that this is not a dps rush...it's about control and strategy. Our heals are weak beacouse we have to spend most of the time kiting adds that noone in gruop cares about. Find a good group will rise your healing output for a huge amount. ^^

Yeah exactly this is what im talking about most groups go full <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> and leave adds on healers while healing is not that strong we have to have a alot of potions to stay alive ourself.
    DRAGON
    Selist@selist1
    4c2eqg0.png
  • defekterdefekter Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Nah, healing shows a significant increase in endurance towards the late game.

makes it almost essential
  • dextordnddextordnd Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Once they start dying, then they will need to wait up for you and work as a team. Untill then, its a free for all frenzy.

Dextor UnDeAd
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]