test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Moving should cancel your attack!

rerstlosrerstlos Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 5 Arc User
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
I'm a guardian and most animations are too long imho.
It's not a problem if the enemy is in front of you because you can simply block. But above all the freaking 'I-blink-behind-you-and-beat-the-:rolleyes:-out-of-you-while-your-lovely-attack-animation-hits-my-dust'-Pirate-Boss really annoys. Also the 'Devil-Witches-casting-hot-fire-under-your-:rolleyes:-and-throw-you-up' is nearly unevadeable for the turtle GF!
There are also some situations you click your mouse so hard that your charakter performs another too long animation while you watch the mob kicking your :rolleyes: from behind!

While I write this I see that this will not work, because most times you're permanently hitting a movement key, but I think you get what I wanted to say.
Maybe a little bit shorter animation would help for some skills or canceling by jumping. Whatever.

Do other classes have similar problems?
Post edited by rerstlos on

Comments

• emaloreemalore Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 95
    edited May 2013
    I rather like the way we are rooted in place until an action finishes. It gives weight to our actions, makes them feel like they actually have an impact, and adds a bit of strategy to the combat.

It has nearly killed me a few times already, but I'm really enjoying the flow.
  • spellwardenspellwarden Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 357 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    It is hard to say since I have not played GF (never go tank). But there are some skills on my CW that I have to be real carefull with. If I pop them in the wrong moment, I am pretty much toast.
  • spike2k187spike2k187 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    If moving cancels an attack that kind of defeats the purpose of an active combat system doesn't it... I'm not familiar with the game yet so I could be wrong. Also, is it possible to make a cancel skill macro?
  • warpetwarpet Member Posts: 1,969 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    yeah blocking movement make it more strategically and fun to play,if u could cancel cast then would just spam and run all time
  • amphrax85amphrax85 Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I don't have a problem with this, tho the only thing that annoys me a little bit is the delay after dodging/strafe on spells-
  • rerstlosrerstlos Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    spike2k187 wrote: »
    If moving cancels an attack that kind of defeats the purpose of an active combat system doesn't it... I'm not familiar with the game yet so I could be wrong. Also, is it possible to make a cancel skill macro?

While you're not able to hit and run at the same time it doesn't matter (I hope I get you right).
  • piyusohpiyusoh Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Personally, I feel the attack/action animation is truly a little too long although that may be due to the relatively higher ping as the servers are too full
  • deahamletdeahamlet Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 191 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    spike2k187 wrote: »

Tera manages to have movement cancels casting thing... on some classes you have to do it right in the beginning, on other classes some moves can never be cancelled and on other classes the slightest movement any point cancels it (and puts stuff on CD to boot).

All cancellations result in ability put on CD except where you cancel RIGHT RIGHT in the first couple of seconds.

And Tera is a ton more action combaty than Neverwinter. It does root you into play for big abilities for ranged classes because there has to be some downsides for being ranged. But both ranged classes have some abilities they can use while moving and only get rooted for 1 second or so (same as one of the heals on healers, the rest root you into place longer).
  • floredonfloredon Member Posts: 65 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    well it is more like traditional pen and paper D&D, once you decide on an action, you are committed to it.
  • amosov78amosov78 Member Posts: 130 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I've noticed a certain, sluggishness, to the Guardian Fighters block. Mostly when I release the block key, the character doesn't immediately stop blocking on screen. So trying to attack normally again after this will usually result in them doing the stab-over-the-shield attack, or simply not attacking at all. The controls could do with tightening up in general.