test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Are Seals useless? Same with Celestial coins?

mushr00mstampmushr00mstamp Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
By the time I acquired enough Seals to buy anything at the Seal-Vendor, non of the items were better than what I already own. So I just continue to sit on them, and they don't seem to have a purpose.

Am I missing something? Is saving up my Celestial coins also pointless?
Post edited by mushr00mstamp on

Comments

• Options
    hipolipolopigushipolipolopigus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    What level are you? I believe the endgame seals (Unicorn?) provide decent/good-looking gear, but the lower levels are really just for those that do earn enough seals before the gear becomes useless.

Unless the gear is BOE, then... Well... :P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Want to know why Neverwinter is so laggy? Check out the "Latency" section in this thread.
  • Options
    aremzyaremzy Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    honestly i don't see the point of the lower level seal vendors.
    you'll out-level the gear way before you can collect enough seals to buy it.
    seals are only good for endgame gear.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    razzy415razzy415 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I save the Seals for my alts! coz every single thing in this game is BoE -maybe not all of them but MAJORITY are!
  • Options
    mushr00mstampmushr00mstamp Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Ok.. thanks.. and I'm only level 38 right now.
  • Options
    kyssumikyssumi Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 73
    edited May 2013
    My understanding of Celestial Coins is that theres multiple tiers of rewards so while the first set of items available you see right away may not be all that great once you unlock them all and move to the next tier the items will become increasingly better. At least that looks like the way it works but I haven't researched the matter yet at all so please correct me if I'm wrong.
    "Reality is but a figment of our collective imaginations." -N.E.S.
  • Options
    sutekhonesutekhone Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    razzy415 wrote: »
    I save the Seals for my alts! coz every single thing in this game is BoE -maybe not all of them but MAJORITY are!

to bad the seal vendor's only sell items your class can use - otherwise it would be a great way to buy items to transfer to your alts :(
  • Options
    warpetwarpet Member Posts: 1,969 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    ah nice pet and weapon skin for Celestial coins and end game seal gear is nice to
  • Options
    proceduralprocedural Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    By the time I acquired enough Seals to buy anything at the Seal-Vendor, non of the items were better than what I already own. So I just continue to sit on them, and they don't seem to have a purpose.

Am I missing something? Is saving up my Celestial coins also pointless?

I have 48 lion seals at level 19. Keep spamming that Cloak Tower :P
  • Options
    deahamletdeahamlet Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 191 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    kyssumi wrote: »
    My understanding of Celestial Coins is that theres multiple tiers of rewards so while the first set of items available you see right away may not be all that great once you unlock them all and move to the next tier the items will become increasingly better. At least that looks like the way it works but I haven't researched the matter yet at all so please correct me if I'm wrong.

The only thing I'd want is the healer and that's 360 coins. Because by that point somehow all my characters won't already be 60 and hopefully have the normal cleric maxed to rank 3 (if they ever introduce those manuals).
  • Options
    kaelrigkaelrig Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I find the Lion and Manticore seals are useless. There are two vendors that take lion seals, and both sell the same crappy items. By the time I had enough seals to buy something I had already out leveled everything. Lion seals drop from lvls 16-30~ yet I never once wanted to purchase any of the items. Same with manticore seals, even my greens are better. The only items that seem worth getting are the unicorn/drake items, and for some reason they magically cost 150-200 seals EACH instead of 40. Imo, there shouldn't be this giant leap in quality/price of items from the seal vendors.

Right now my main is in mostly greens all from random drops with 3 blues I managed to get in dungeons, 100+ lion seals and about 50 manticore seals at lvl 43, and I'm dreading getting to 60 and having to grind 200 seals for each purple.

I'd prefer a more linear progression in seal item cost/stats where I'd actually want and be able to buy an item every few levels or so all the way up to 60. I thought the purpose of the seal items was to be supplemental in case we didn't get the drops we wanted from the dungeons themselves. As it is, every dungeon boss drops the same items, and the seal items are crappy, so everything just seems like I'm waiting to get to 60.

tl;dr Make sub-lvl 60 seal items better. More variety in items from bosses and vendors.