test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Most needed class other than a healer for dungeons

trollsparrowtrollsparrow Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 45
edited March 2014 in PvE Discussion
Title says it all. Just found out about this game last night night.
Post edited by trollsparrow on

Comments

• Options
    celluliciouscellulicious Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I play a tank and I can see agro will be an issue later in the game but I'm only lvl 25 so I'm not sure just how well I will be able to keep the mobs off the dps/heals. My hope is I will be needed.
  • Options
    warpetwarpet Member Posts: 1,969 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    cw is great idea they have big damage and a lot of aoes
  • Options
    elyrielleelyrielle Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I've heard tanks and healers having very short queue times, so I assume they're prioritized. I can sit in there for hours on my wizard, though I don't mind too much (I keep outlevelling the dungeons I'm queuing for anyway).
  • Options
    deahamletdeahamlet Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 191 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    elyrielle wrote: »
    I've heard tanks and healers having very short queue times, so I assume they're prioritized. I can sit in there for hours on my wizard, though I don't mind too much (I keep outlevelling the dungeons I'm queuing for anyway).

I sit for hours on my cleric, neverfear.
  • Options
    trollsparrowtrollsparrow Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 45
    edited May 2013
    Thanks for all the responses. I guess making a scout isn't the best idea if I want to do dungeons.
  • Options
    wingedkagoutiwingedkagouti Member Posts: 275 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    elyrielle wrote: »
    That's because the queue attempts to match up one of each class for as long as possible. Control Wizard and Trickster Rogue seems to be the two most played classes, which then means longer queue times for them.

I kinda wish there was two different kinds of queues, one like we have now and one where it just takes the first 5 to enter. I was in a dungeon team yesterday that consisted of 2 TR and 3 CW and there were only two difficulties. One was the boss being a *bleep* and teleporting all over. The other was getting the queue to actually recognize the ability for a team to form.
  • Options
    deahamletdeahamlet Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 191 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013

Play what you like. What is it with people always wanting to play the most needed class... what's that about? You're useless anyway if you don't like the class, you are unlikely to excel at it or have fun.

I like rogues and wizards in my parties. Especially wizards. When they manage not to go splotch :P as I can't rez them (kiting all the ads does that to a person).
  • Options
    soanvalckesoanvalcke Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Thanks for all the responses. I guess making a scout isn't the best idea if I want to do dungeons.

Honestly, I haven't done a dungeon since the late 20s (I am 50 now). The reason is that the dungeons don't give you too much xp, and they are only worth queueing when the bonus is up.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    soanvalcke wrote: »
    Honestly, I haven't done a dungeon since the late 20s (I am 50 now). The reason is that the dungeons don't give you too much xp, and they are only worth queueing when the bonus is up.

Wow how long did it take you to get to 50? I hope this game isn't to quick...like Gw2
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    I wanted to make a cleric, but only a DMG cleric. I know people would rage and ask why I went Cleric to do damage and not heal.
  • Options
    wingedkagoutiwingedkagouti Member Posts: 275 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Wow how long did it take you to get to 50? I hope this game isn't to quick...like Gw2
    You can cap in a weekend (ie. 48ish hours) or so if you focus on it. You won't have done anything but levelling in solo missions and selling stuff to vendors when your inventory gets full (no professions, pvp, team content, or foundry stuff), but you can do that if that's the kind of play you want.

If you take the time to mess around with Foundry content, Dungeons, Skirmishes, Professions, and PvP you'll find that it takes longer than a weekend to hit 60.
  • Options
    silentnights1silentnights1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 50
    edited May 2013
    Most needed class....GWF or GF.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Most needed class....GWF or GF.

no no no no no.

Please fewer GWF, I'm tired of seeing between 1-3 in every dungeon group. Boo, hiss!
  • Options
    volcxxxvolcxxx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Silverstars Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    deahamlet wrote: »
    no no no no no.

Please fewer GWF, I'm tired of seeing between 1-3 in every dungeon group. Boo, hiss!

Haha! good one!

Honestly: clerics.
    (I am playing GWF and with another GWF we just destroying things).
    lv 60 GWF, 7700 gs so only begining of the story
    5cm82e.jpg
    Old "Blood and Sand: Unchained" quest
    Played more than 100 000 times!
    > TRY IT NOW!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Ecy4o6JqLc
  • Options
    arktourosxarktourosx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 177 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I play a tank and I still would say Control Wizard is #2 after Cleric. Their CC trivializes most encounters and can even work well on bosses because most bosses summon tons of adds that can't really be tanked. Tank on the other hand is only really useful on encounters with a single boss, and in those scenarios the $30 tank companion (golem) you can buy holds just as much threat and is just as defensive (which is <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>).

GWF and TRs are good too cause they also interrupt the mobs as well. GWF especially cause of the AOE it can deal out to churn through packs of mobs. I cry when I see a GWF focusing on a boss when there's packs of stuff to AOE.
    nwsignature.jpg
  • Options
    nanteinantei Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    So, what would you guys say is the least/most played class? It seems Trickster Rogue is pretty commonly played just because popular opinion seems to dictate they are very strong. What about the other classes?
  • Options
    abocanhadoraabocanhadora Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I apologize for having too bump this topic, but because the fact new accounts cannot create new posts for some time (dont even ask me what I think about that please) I am forced too bump this topic. I would love that the gm's ignore any "bump old topic" rules that may be around, since I didn't really have other way too do this...

At this moment, 5 March 2014, what is the most needed class in game, in your guys opinion? Is it still clerics? or now there is a big lack of something else? I am looking more for a pve experience here, soo have that in mind when you reply. Thank you in advance for the help :)
  • Options
    darkballaddarkballad Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    CWs, GWFs, maybe GF, and DC. That is it. TR is <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>. Ranger relies on the controls of a wizard.
  • Options
    iambecks1iambecks1 Member Posts: 4,044 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I apologize for having too bump this topic

Sorry if I sound like a *** but you should have posted this in the new classes feedback thread in GD instead of necroing this one , check it out here : http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?529281-The-quot-New-Class(es)-quot-Feedback-Thread!
    YourSecretsAreOurSecrets.gif
  • Options
    kattefjaeskattefjaes Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 2,270 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2014

It's far quicker than GW2 to level, you can do it in a weekend without really trying.
  • Options
    mconosrepmconosrep Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014

'Needed' can be taken quite a few ways.

In terms of using the Dungeon queue then GF obviously as there are far too few of them playing, and the queue tries to find one for each group. Of course the REASON there are so few GFs is that it is a pretty much a fifth wheel at present as there is no dungeon that requires 'tanking' as opposed to dealing with an ungodly stream of adds.

Consequently on balance though the CW is (and always has been) the optimal choice for PvE: insane AoE damage, control abilities and de-buffs. There are dungeons I would not be confident running at near minimum GS without a CW (or even two), but not a single dungeon where I would be bothered by not having a GF in the party.

And at higher GS scores, CWs scale much, much better than GFs...
  • Options
    melodywhrmelodywhr Member Posts: 4,220 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    zombies, vampires, mummies and this thread. wth...
    Rule 3.13 - No Necromancy
    . . . . If a thread has not been posted on in over thirty days, it likely contains out of date information or opinions. If you would like to continue such a discussion, please create a new thread to do so, or find an existing "living" one.
This discussion has been closed.