test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Gateway

derrickstarrderrickstarr Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 1 Arc User
edited May 2013 in Bug Reports (PC)
Gateway not working on my computer. using firefox. Also, have a name Drizz'doun, or something like that, as I am not online looking at it, that I cannot look at on gateway. I have other names with space that work and have been able to do my professions.

Please help.
Post edited by derrickstarr on

Comments

• Options
    kellemvorrkellemvorr Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Do the other names have an apostrophe as well?

I have a level 6 character that I can access name Catemia. My level 10, Ye'dos, I cannot.
    I tried subbing in the ascii code for the apostrophe and it tried to load and then failed.

I am willing to bet its the special character in the name breaking things.
  • Options
    utzpretzelsutzpretzels Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 41
    edited May 2013
    Bumping this and adding my 2 cents in hopes of getting a response. My character also has an apostrophe in the name. I can log into the gateway, but can't get into my character-- it just spins and spins and spins. This is using Google Chrome on the PC and Google Chrome in the ipad, and safari on the ipad. Character name is F'zzle.
  • Options
    wolfskinswolfskins Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Nice catch on the apostrophe being what's likely causing problems! I am having the same problem: one character whose character sheet/professions/auctions/etc menu I CAN access (no apostrophe in name), and four who I can't click on to get access to all that stuff (they all have apostrophes in their names).

Same results across different browsers - Chrome & Internet Explorer on the PC, stock internet browser on a Samsung S3.
  • Options
    rebel230rebel230 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I have the same issue. Can we get an answer on this PW??
  • Options
    utzpretzelsutzpretzels Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 41
    edited May 2013
    bump to get this noticed; doubt it is being ignored, probably just not seen
  • Options
    khurahekhurahe Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Bump, for many of us share the same issue. Same here with apostrophe

Make it idiot proof and a better idiot will show up
  • Options
    lafollet001lafollet001 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It's definitely the ', and there is a work around. It's far easier to do if you have a character without special chars in the name then substitute the character name for the character's name you want to work with.

From my guild's forums from another thread on these forums:

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?150731-Gateway-Character-Selection-issue/page3

Posted here for people, like myself, who are having trouble accessing their toons on the Gateway. Apparently, if you have any special characters in your name, like an ' it won't work. Here's the workaround.

1) Log into your gateway account

2) At the character select, paste the following into your browser:
    http://gateway.playneverwinter.com/#char(CHARACTERNAME@ACCOUNTNAME)/

3) Replace the with your toon name @ account and hit enter

4) The screen should advance to your toon menu and work as normal
  • Options
    lerakenglerakeng Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Thank you so much for the workaround information!! :) This is very helpful and at least allows me to access the character with the apostrophe in the name. *tips hat*