test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

An Idea - Mount Stables Like Companion Slots

sgsteihlsgsteihl Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 35
edited August 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
No, your mount wouldn't progress, but it'd give you the ability to equip say 3 mounts, then choose which you want as your active 6 Skill.

I know it's frivolous, but mounts are "Big Business" in MMO's, and if you're going to have cash shop mounts... shouldn't there be the ability to have access to more than 1 at a time? As it stands now, I have to use bank spaces for my other mounts.

Please make mounts more like companions for storage purposes. Have an active slot, and then the rest of my mounts can go in Idle Slots?
Post edited by sgsteihl on

Comments

• zagemoggazagemogga Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    ++, I have six mounts at the moment and keep five of them in the bank all the time.

Once you get tired of one, you might want to swap but need to go back to Protectors Enclave to change :(
  • sgsteihlsgsteihl Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 35
    edited May 2013
    I've always loved collecting mounts in MMOs, but here bag and bank space is so precious. It kills the want for me to buy keys for my nightmare lockboxes, because I can't hold all this stuff. Lol.
  • mhelivormhelivor Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 116 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I love the Idea;)
  • redshift2k5redshift2k5 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 241 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    a stable would be great, and enhances them as collectibles
  • beaghan1beaghan1 Member Posts: 404 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    good idea :)
  • mythrildragonmythrildragon Member Posts: 138 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    agreed, they should definately add a 'stable' as a new cash shop item...
  • aremzyaremzy Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    i used to love collecting mounts in wow when they didn't take bag space anymore.
    the game definatelly needs this.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • bardmedicine11bardmedicine11 Member Posts: 201 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    +1
    There is no reason to force players to make a decision if a mount is worth a bank space slot...
  • roguejd000roguejd000 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 32
    edited May 2013
    Good idea. Seems relatively simple to implement.

So far, I'm impressed with the level of communication from the devs. They'll no-doubt focus on projects like this after the dust settles.
  • hipolipolopigushipolipolopigus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Implementation would be simple. 6 would act as it does now, but shift-6 would bring up a menu with your available mounts. You could choose to bind a new one to 6 or mount one from the list.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Want to know why Neverwinter is so laggy? Check out the "Latency" section in this thread.
  • sgsteihlsgsteihl Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 35
    edited May 2013
    Implementation would be simple. 6 would act as it does now, but shift-6 would bring up a menu with your available mounts. You could choose to bind a new one to 6 or mount one from the list.

That'd work, but even easier would be to copy over the companions system and tab, and tweak it just a little bit. When you open the character menu, there'd be a mounts tab after Companions that would you be your stable. All horses save one would be marked idle, and the one you select is your active mount which becomes the 6 skill. At least I think with them simply modifying a system that already works well, it'd be pretty quick to code in.
  • zolimoszolimos Member Posts: 119 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This is actually a cool idea, but more amazing is the civility of those posting in this thread. Who are you guys? Maybe we could run a quest or two tonight... LOL
    edited May 2013
    zolimos wrote: »
    This is actually a cool idea, but more amazing is the civility of those posting in this thread. Who are you guys? Maybe we could run a quest or two tonight... LOL

There are a few of us who try to be civil. =)
  • berserkerkitten8berserkerkitten8 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'd love to see that. Preferably with 2-3 free mount slots already implemented rather than it being a $40 cash shop feature. :P
    They're not called respect tokens...
    edited May 2013
    Yeah, a 2-3 slot for free would be nice. I think it'd encourage more people to buy mounts, unlock their nightmare chests... i.e. more revenue for Neverwinter, and more bag space for us.
  • pherephattapherephatta Member Posts: 90 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yes, please. I'm a serious collector, but having mounts take up an inventory space means I have my one mount and have no interest in getting any more.
  • sparhawksparhawk Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    sgsteihl wrote: »
    No, your mount wouldn't progress, but it'd give you the ability to equip say 3 mounts, then choose which you want as your active 6 Skill.

I know it's frivolous, but mounts are "Big Business" in MMO's, and if you're going to have cash shop mounts... shouldn't there be the ability to have access to more than 1 at a time? As it stands now, I have to use bank spaces for my other mounts.

Please make mounts more like companions for storage purposes. Have an active slot, and then the rest of my mounts can go in Idle Slots?

I support this idea.
  • obsiddiaobsiddia Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,025 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    If I knew I could easily store and swap mounts, I'd spend the Zen I have on a couple more.
    Did you really think anyone could steal the power of the god of thieves?