test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Game is amazing....but...

quantarianquantarian Member Posts: 2 Arc User
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
This queue system is bonkers, I've never seen something like this... I'll give this game a few more days then I'm going to uninstall.

I'm sure there are many others feel the same.

Why are there only 3 servers?

Will more servers be added?

You are knocking your player base out before they can even start.

Very silly imo.
Post edited by quantarian on

Comments

• vikoonvikoon Member Posts: 165 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Guess you never played Star Wars The Old Republic at launch. The queuing was insane for a couple days and then settled down. Same thing will happen here. Remember that the game hasn't even been Open Beta for 24hrs yet.

Patience is a virtue, but entitlement is a plague that will consume all of those in it's path.
  • spike2k187spike2k187 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    You haven't been around for very many launches have you? Launches never go well
  • emaloreemalore Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 95
    edited May 2013
    The queue times have been significantly longer than they should be due to a problem with some of their network hardware. It should be fixed when the servers go live again after the current maintenance.
  • conan666conan666 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    except this isn't a launch
  • volkiravolkira Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Why uninstall?

The game is amazing you say.

It's free.

Play something else while they have these hiccups and then come back and play it.

Lol it's that simple really.

Just like Star trek Online you play it for a week then leave it for a month then come back.

It's not like your monthly subscription is wasting away in a que.
  • l1d3nl1d3n Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 385 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    It's old hat for MMO's... it will get better.
  • punatulkkupunatulkku Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Oh and dont forget d3 launch, simcity launch or league of legends before server split
  • visgangvisgang Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 34
    edited May 2013
    o/

if u think anyone really is concerned your gonna come here and post about leaving...... go now, the Queue will get shorter.
  • wifeaggro13wifeaggro13 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 32
    edited May 2013
    vikoon wrote: »
    Guess you never played Star Wars The Old Republic at launch. The queuing was insane for a couple days and then settled down. Same thing will happen here. Remember that the game hasn't even been Open Beta for 24hrs yet.

Patience is a virtue, but entitlement is a plague that will consume all of those in it's path.
    The reason why SWTOR had long ques i because people wanted to be on specific servers with their gameing communites by the 2 nd day the had over 90 servers to choose from. this game has no where near 2 million people trying to play to need over 100 servers . but they do need to double their server capicity. which they are not doing and there is no talk of adding servers dont expect the que time to clear that rapidly its why they are calling it a open beta , with no chr wipes and non refundable zen purchases its a launch with option to say sorry its a beta.
  • sepheresephere Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Well, yes there's only three servers, but there's little mini servers in those 3 servers,
    I think they're called shards or something

Anyway, they said they would be adding support to have more players on their servers with the maintenance today,
    guess we'll have to see how that works out

But don't despair, it was only the first day, it's bound to have problems that get fixed, eventually

_
    Here's the patch notes:

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?168541-Patch-Notes-NW-1-20130416a-13&p=2366621#post2366621
  • leissesleisses Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Well, I really hope the Queue don't get out of insane because people give up. I really would like to see the game with many players instead of no queue because not so many people are playing.
  • torgrimmxtorgrimmx Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Your going to uninstall because its a que in a beta?

This Your first game son?
    Torgrimm Jarl - Olav Jarl
  • zzacczzacc Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    conan666 wrote: »

Yes it is. Welcome to F2P gaming.

The queue problem is not the number of servers or them being full, the current servers are far from being full. Its the login server queue, not a capacity queue.
    Think of a bunch of people trying to get into a house with a small door:) There's plenty of room inside, but getting in is gonna take time.
  • antonislakantonislak Member Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    with no chr wipes and non refundable zen purchases its a launch with option to say sorry its a beta.

well pretty much this...
  • sefeniasefenia Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 54
    edited May 2013
    Oh noes gonna uninstall a free game? You poor guy.
    Seriously though, I'm seeing a lot of first world problems here on these forums lately.
    Relax guys, it's not the end of the world. You will be able to play eventually. :)
    vn7W95H.png
  • trionustrionus Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I wish there was a like button.. I would definitely like your post zzacc.. the mental imagery of a small door and a trillion entitlement bloated giants trying to get through it is hilarious ;) + wish I had rolled a Halfling lol
  • werealchemistwerealchemist Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    dezstravus wrote: »
    Maintenance is currently scheduled for 7:00 a.m. on Wednesday, May 1, Pacific Time.

Stability
    • Several major network issues have been found and addressed. We should now be able to support many more players with significantly less lag.

Login
    • The Queue position indicator now has more information, as well as buttons that link to Neverwinter Gateway and the Neverwinter Wiki.
    • Fixed an issue where players displayed queue position would incorrectly jump to a higher number than the players actual place in line.
    they are fixing it as we speak
    21.jpg
  • themassakrethemassakre Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    To the person who mentioned SWTOR's bad launch....that was for maybe two or three servers with a queue and that wasn't Bioware's/EAs fault <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>.

To the people who say games ALWAYS have bad launches...I remember RIFT being okay, Guild Wars 2 (aside from the auction house issue) being excellent and I'm sure I'm missing a few other games here.

This IS the game's launch, don't be fooled by the open beta title
  • breathabreatha Member Posts: 108 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The reason why SWTOR had long ques i because people wanted to be on specific servers with their gameing communites by the 2 nd day the had over 90 servers to choose from. this game has no where near 2 million people trying to play to need over 100 servers . but they do need to double their server capicity. which they are not doing and there is no talk of adding servers dont expect the que time to clear that rapidly its why they are calling it a open beta , with no chr wipes and non refundable zen purchases its a launch with option to say sorry its a beta.

No wonder your wife aggros.
    -Breatha, the fat and sassy Dwarf
  • andervinandervin Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 35
    edited May 2013
    conan666 wrote: »

Yes, it is. This game is free to play with micro-transactions. The micro-transaction system is fully active and they are taking people's money. The monicker "Open Beta" is some marketing dip****'s idea of how to explain a rocky launch like this. "Oh, it's just a beta, not the actual release" and saps like you are lapping it up. Notice how there is zero mention of how long "open beta" lasts and there is no projected release date? Grats, morons.
  • drennasdrennas Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    vikoon wrote: »

While this is true... swtor's population is anemic at best. EA's release blunders did a great job of running people off.
  • faiteaccompliifaiteaccomplii Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 2
    edited May 2013
    This is not a beta , it is a launch. This is a free to play and basically 'open beta' where there are no more wipes is launch. I learned that when I played Allods Online ;)
  • pops000pops000 Member Posts: 250 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    drennas wrote: »
    While this is true... swtor's population is anemic at best. EA's release blunders did a great job of running people off.

Their boring game ran sub people off, F2P has revived it.
  • quantarianquantarian Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I've played many launch MMOs I've been playing MMOs from Everquest on.

All i'm saying is we need more servers or something, there are plenty of F2P titles out that do not have issues like this, EXCEPT! for patch days.

I'm excited to play this, that is all. I just think like I stated you will have lots of people pass this up with login issues.