test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Learned Spellcaster feat

vetr0vetr0 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 6 Arc User
edited June 2013 in PvE Discussion
Could someone explain to me how this feat exactly works? It says "Increase the amount of bonus damage Intelligence gives you by 1/2/3/4/5%.", but I just don't get it. Does it mean if we have 20 int what gives us 10% bonus damage, with that feat we will have 15% bonus damage? Or it just gives us 5% of this 10% bonus damage what would be quite useless?
Post edited by vetr0 on

Comments

• vetr0vetr0 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    bring up my post
  • neppanaattorineppanaattori Member Posts: 124 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    One among many, of the unexplained things regarding feats and skills.
  • tfangeltfangel Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    vetr0 wrote: »
    Does it mean if we have 20 int what gives us 10% bonus damage, with that feat we will have 15% bonus damage?

That's what the wording implies.
  • elyrielleelyrielle Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Assumed it to just be 5% more damage, which puts it on par with the other options at that tier (and something I skipped).
  • kotlikotli Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 577
    edited May 2013
    its one of those things that is unknown for sure, most races have something similar apart from rogues who have a feat with differnce wording and %s
  • therouterninjatherouterninja Member Posts: 114 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Based on the wording, I think it's 5% of your intelligence bonus, so in your example, 5% of 10%...which is just .5%

This guide seems to confirm: http://guidescroll.com/2013/05/neverwinter-control-wizard-guide

Would be nice if someone could do some real tests to confirm.
    Beholder MOPP4

60 GF(14.5GS) Cersei
    60 CW(12.4GS) Shadis
    60 TR(12.2GS) Dijkstra
    60 GWF(12.2GS) Winnowill
    45 DC(WIP) Daenerys
  • icupid69icupid69 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Unfortunately I've taken it for granted and put my 5 points in there without even questioning that decision. I was disappointed later when I realized the changes are nowhere to be seen. My Int is at 23 atm and it yields 13% dmg bonus. Rolled several new chars and noticed something very rude :mad:
    • 15int - 5%
    • 16itr - 6%
    • 17imt - 7%
    • 20int - 10%

The question stands: How exactly do you guys know this feat is or isn/t worth it? Especially with "spell tooltips bugged - not showing changes" problem still around.
  • alzitaralzitar Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I have tested this.
    Checking damage of a skill that did 100 damage, adding 1 point increased damage of the skill to 101, adding all 5 feat points increased dmg to 105 so it gives strait up 5% extra damage period.
    The Guide is wrong, and the tool tip is misleading. It has nothing to do with intelligence, its just flat out % more dmg.
  • therouterninjatherouterninja Member Posts: 114 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Awesome. Thanks alzitar! Looking through the forums, it looks like this was fixed in a past patch.
    Beholder MOPP4

60 GF(14.5GS) Cersei
    60 CW(12.4GS) Shadis
    60 TR(12.2GS) Dijkstra
    60 GWF(12.2GS) Winnowill
    45 DC(WIP) Daenerys