test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Need more Server, digusted by the Que Time

kasuharikasuhari Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2 Arc User
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
The que time is so ridiculous it is unplayable. Waited an hour every time login to play. Everytime I D/C I waited another hour and playing with friend is so frustrating, by the time I log back in they already log off for waiting too long. If I have to wait an hour or more everytime log in to play the game or D/C I think most people would just gave up.

It's Open Beta right now and thing will calm down a bit, but does a company as big as Perfect World can't put in more server so there will be even more people playing this game instead of waiting for people to just gave up and move on?
Post edited by kasuhari on

Comments

• Options
    zingarbagezingarbage Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    When GW2 introduced the overflow server system, I thought the days of waiting in a queue are gone. Sadly not all companies are created equally.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    emaloreemalore Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 95
    edited May 2013
    Reading Stickies and Patchnotes is hard.
  • Options
    wifeaggro13wifeaggro13 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 32
    edited May 2013
    PW is EA's little sister. The que times are ridiculous even a small company like Trion had things worked out extremely fast and launched enough servers for people to reroll on. I dont anticpate Cryptic or PW breaking the bank on a F2P game for servers or log in slots. Its a fun game but people are acting like this is a AAA mmo , all it is is a cash grab F2P and the que times are working in their favor the more frustrated people become they react with bad decisions like spending 200 bucks to go to the front of the line. I bought a 60 dollar founders pack months ago. I love the Forgotten reals IP and wanted to see it do well. Dont expect anything from this company that will benefit the costumer this is a straight bilking of the dumb. they will let the community create its content for them and the only devolpment dollars will be in the cash shop. so quit pounting and go play a premium model youll get more for your money
  • Options
    pboar2006pboar2006 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 421 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    PW is EA's little sister. The que times are ridiculous even a small company like Trion had things worked out extremely fast and launched enough servers for people to reroll on. I dont anticpate Cryptic or PW breaking the bank on a F2P game for servers or log in slots. Its a fun game but people are acting like this is a AAA mmo , all it is is a cash grab F2P and the que times are working in their favor the more frustrated people become they react with bad decisions like spending 200 bucks to go to the front of the line. I bought a 60 dollar founders pack months ago. I love the Forgotten reals IP and wanted to see it do well. Dont expect anything from this company that will benefit the costumer this is a straight bilking of the dumb. they will let the community create its content for them and the only devolpment dollars will be in the cash shop. so quit pounting and go play a premium model youll get more for your money

Blah blah blah cash grab MMO blah blah blah only in it for the money blah blah blah

Dumb
  • Options
    thbigslimethbigslime Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    multiple characters with same name wtf? i just created 2 chars with same name on same account bug or something i dont know?
  • Options
    werealchemistwerealchemist Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The issue isn't the shards. The Shards aren't anywhere near full.

The issue is the Login System which is getting some hefty tweaks in the next patch.
    The queue time is from the queue system itself.

Adding more servers wouldnt doo that much as you can see here from this post
    21.jpg
  • Options
    dememberdemember Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    typical MMO release with the standard mistakes - the only game i saw that had a decent launch was Path of Exile. Those guys from GGG really stress tested it well, had backup capacity, worked quickly on fixes, had a great communication and overall made an acceptable launch possible. This launch on the other hand feels like every other - can't understand that those problems are always that poorly adressed.
    15k queue oh yeaaahh
  • Options
    itdude123itdude123 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I started at 15000 and am now down to 2500 in about 20 minutes. I am guessing I will be in in about 10 more. 30 minutes is not gawd-awful but not great either. Get it down to 10-15 and we will be in business.
  • Options
    rabbiddograbbiddog Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Dev tracker.... Does no one follow the Dev tracker? They address many of these questions and concerns. All one need do is look through the dev tracker.
  • Options
    emaloreemalore Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 95
    edited May 2013
    demember wrote: »
    typical MMO release with the standard mistakes - the only game i saw that had a decent launch was Path of Exile. Those guys from GGG really stress tested it well, had backup capacity, worked quickly on fixes, had a great communication and overall made an acceptable launch possible. This launch on the other hand feels like every other - can't understand that those problems are always that poorly adressed.
    15k queue oh yeaaahh
    GGG had a decent launch because their 'closed beta' was just a pay to play thing with occasional character wipes. The game was up constantly and they had a consistently large playerbase that let them get their servers in shape for the f2p launch.
  • Options
    rreddrredd Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    demember wrote: »
    15k queue oh yeaaahh

If you want to get technical well, the game hasn't technically released. Not sure if you missed the recent patch notes which are linked already in other posts. Also, telling by your discomfort from the queues, I am guessing you just started playing when beta went open yesterday. They knew this was going to happen and it isn't because of server size, it's because of the server auto queue. There have been a TON of people playing since the 25th and 27th. I know I had a feeling this was going to happen but I'm a Founder so I don't have to deal with it. It will be sorted today by what I've read. Patience. After they fix this wait until the mega server merger. You'll probably be back on here with a similar topic post.
  • Options
    kendokkenkendokken Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Adding more servers wouldnt doo that much as you can see here from this post

Somehow I can't buy into that excuse. you don't actually hit the queue until AFTER you hav logged in and selected a character to play.
  • Options
    werealchemistwerealchemist Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    dezstravus wrote: »
    Maintenance is currently scheduled for 7:00 a.m. on Wednesday, May 1, Pacific Time.

Stability
    • Several major network issues have been found and addressed. We should now be able to support many more players with significantly less lag.

Login
    • The Queue position indicator now has more information, as well as buttons that link to Neverwinter Gateway and the Neverwinter Wiki.
    • Fixed an issue where players displayed queue position would incorrectly jump to a higher number than the players actual place in line.
    they are fixing it as we speak just hold your skirt
    21.jpg
  • Options
    temple69temple69 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    emalore wrote: »

Not hard at all and at the same time doesn't shed any light on the problem. Well done sir.
  • Options
    oatsmeeloatsmeel Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I just play some Guild Wars 2 or other games while I wait, and minimize every now and then to check my queue placement.
  • Options
    wifeaggro13wifeaggro13 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 32
    edited May 2013
    pboar2006 wrote: »
    Blah blah blah cash grab MMO blah blah blah only in it for the money blah blah blah

Dumb
    Im not the one makig any whinny Que posts i expected it. Ive seen many MMO releases and Que times are usally rapidly addressed like PW is doing. But i do have the right to call it as i see it, though the F2P is friendly, your content is not restricted to what you can play , the price point is ridiculous sorry you read blah blah. And it is not a customer friendly price point its a fleecing towards end game , youll see once you strart enchanting your items
  • Options
    elyssaelyssa Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Best part is when the queue is really long and you realize that after a good 30 min and then go away to return a bit later only to see the screen change and say "Press a key" and when you do you get back to the login window since you have timed out while you were afk :p So basically you are forced to sit and stare at your **** computer while waiting too :p
  • Options
    angryspriteangrysprite Member Posts: 4,982 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    emalore wrote: »

So is horse leather. They really need to get a bigger stick.