test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Neverwinter PVP xp gain

saabye1saabye1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 2 Arc User
edited June 2013 in PvE Discussion
Hello im just curious about the amount of xp you get for a pvp match (5v5).

Do you get bonus xp for winning? or is it the same as losing?

thanks in advance
Post edited by saabye1 on

Comments

• Options
    k0ngninjak0ngninja Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Early level PVP the xp seemed okay but its not going to level you faster than questing imo. Do you get a bonus good question I assume you do but I was extremely lucky out of the 4 I did yesterday I did not lose so couldn't answer that one.
  • Options
    elecjesterelecjester Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    k0ngninja wrote: »
    Early level PVP the xp seemed okay but its not going to level you faster than questing imo. .

I completely disagree with that comment.

I honestly think you can power level with PvP extremely quickly, as long as you can get the queue to pop for you. Some of the PvE quests can be extremely long and there has been more than once I've gotten far less exp from them than I have from running a PvP battle.
  • Options
    kotlikotli Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 577
    edited May 2013
    If you got a group of five and chain run PvP together you will level up at a decent speed, only thing is your gear will start to full behind.
  • Options
    sebokansebokan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    kotli wrote: »
    If you got a group of five and chain run PvP together you will level up at a decent speed, only thing is your gear will start to full behind.

If you top the point chart, you get a blue item (second green). Now that trick is to get the gear with the right stat combo : )
  • Options
    ledarrledarr Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I was abour 6/10 this morning and got 1650 in exp, not to shabby for about 10- 15 minutes, I have done instanced quests that took longer and did not offer as nice a reward. Through as a Control wizard I was getting my butt kicked most of the time.
  • Options
    favoriitefavoriite Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    if you win you get exp and if you lose u get exp.. but you need to kill some people to get exp. if you didn't kill anyone u got a low chance to get exp

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V0as3Valdk4 <- Trickster Rogue ;)
  • Options
    imivoimivo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,682 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    PvP still seems viable as a way to level up, just no longer the best way by a mile. :)
    Unsure about skills and feats? Check the Master List of Class Builds!
  • Options
    pinkfontpinkfont Member Posts: 563 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Man, the reductions to glory suck. I'm half way to level 60 and I only have 5,000 glory? Seriously? That's dumb. What the hell is the point in staying in a match you're losing at this point? There really is none.

To OP, if you're not topping the charts, leveling through PvP can be difficult. Topping the charts is the only way to make gold, since you can sell green/blue items. But you still won't have enough to buy a horse at level 20. Don't worry though, you'll hopefully have enough AD to buy one of AH by this point. I'd also consider buying low-level blue gear off AH since it's pretty cheap.
    A rich rogue nowadays is fit company for any gentleman; and the world, my dear, hath not such a contempt for roguery as you imagine. - John HAMSTER
  • Options
    rapticorrapticor Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,078 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    The only reason I stay in now is to finish my 4 daily matches. Otherwise I'd probably just say "screw it" and drop.