test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Forbes' reasons to try Neverwinter

sominatorsominator Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited May 2013 in News & Announcements
Proud member of Team Fencebane, official guild of the unofficial Neverwinter Adventure Hour!
Post edited by sominator on

Comments

• Options
    azclockworkazclockwork Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Who the heck is Forbes?
  • Options
    pikmotionalpikmotional Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Who the heck is Forbes?

Yeaaaah.... adult stuff you know.
  • Options
    vegas6614vegas6614 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 39
    edited May 2013
    The proper question is... who is Forbes to recommend a computer game (answer: no one).
  • Options
    ehvrinehvrin Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    vegas6614 wrote: »
    The proper question is... who is Forbes to recommend a computer game (answer: no one).

Actually, Forbes' techy reviews of games are some of the most unbiased in the industry. I'll answer your question with another...Who is IGN to recommend a computer game? A company that makes money FROM game companies BY recommending their games.

Another contributor at Forbes typed up this post here
  • Options
    yphanh2002yphanh2002 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    What is Forbes anyway?????
  • Options
    cihuacoatlcihuacoatl Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Wow Forbes, I am impressed... grats guys.

With that said after playing the game though for a few days... I am not shocked though, well done.
  • Options
    hellriderqqhellriderqq Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    His reasons don't matter if you can't even ****ing log into the game. An international game that's been marketed to such an extent only has 3 servers? I feel sorry for all you people who paid $60 or even $200 for it!!!
  • Options
    dieselbob3dieselbob3 Member Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Forbes is a magezine based around business in general including all areas. They give investment advice and started off as being directed most toward business and corporate professionals as informational source of news. Apparently like the economy in the real world, they have diversified to all aspects of modern day business including video game playing.
  • Options
    dieselbob3dieselbob3 Member Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    His reasons don't matter if you can't even ****ing log into the game. An international game that's been marketed to such an extent only has 3 servers? I feel sorry for all you people who paid $60 or even $200 for it!!!

3 servers was done on a realistic expectation that 60 percent of the player base will be the only ones remaining after the first month or 2 when fickle Free MMO players tend to wander off to the next upcoming MMO. Basically its trying to invest as little in hardware as possible to gain profit faster however I dont think they expect so many people to play during open and really hoping they change things around to help that.
  • Options
    thbigslimethbigslime Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    multiple characters with same name wtf? i just created 2 chars with same name on same account bug or something i dont know?
  • Options
    wygrathwygrath Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    ehvrin wrote: »
    Actually, Forbes' techy reviews of games are some of the most unbiased in the industry. I'll answer your question with another...Who is IGN to recommend a computer game? A company that makes money FROM game companies BY recommending their games.

Another contributor at Forbes typed up this post here

I agree. There was a piece on Forbes about the horrific writing and trash ending to Mass Effect 3 and they seemed like the only site calling the team out on shoddy work. IGN's correspondents got all preachy and condescending while trying to call out gamers who were upset by the whole fiasco as being entitled, petty, and clueless.

Forbes doesn't always drink beer, but when they do... they prefer to write unbiased pieces on videogames and you can't get that on any of the sites made specifically for videogames it seems. IGNs review system has no base-line, it's all pure opinion by the various bags of wind that populate the site.
  • Options
    rhyzenfirerhyzenfire Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013

I'm not sorry at all. Those that paid get priority status in the queue... I've never waited more than 5-10 seconds max.
  • Options
    xhatchxhatch Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    thbigslime wrote: »
    multiple characters with same name wtf? i just created 2 chars with same name on same account bug or something i dont know?

In PWE games, your @Handle account name is unique to you. Character names can be used by anyone and are not unique.
    sig2dz.jpg
    :cool:PLAY TO WIN:cool: |"A light in the darkness."
    |
  • Options
    eojulioeojulio Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Neverwinter Brasil Fan Page.

A todos brasileiros que queiram se aliar a n